The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Hi! Although I am a newbie to this site, I have been a Habs fan all of my life, or, ok, since I was 3 - that's 37 years of supporting the greatest team in the NHL!!! When I was younger, I was a member of the Guy Lafleur fan club, although my favourite player was Yvon Cournoyer. I met Maurice Richard in person, and in fact, had him autograph my edition of "Lions in Winter". And by the way, I am a chick, lol!

Hey....I am a Habs fan living just southwest of Dallas Tx., yes Texas. I grew up in Denver. Been a fan since 1984-85. I will also admit to being an Avalanche fan, but that was only after the Roy trade did I decide to forget they use to be the Nordiques. So obviously Patty is my all-time favorite.

As for the 06-07 edition, I'm liking Christopher Higgins.

Username: Mistic

Live: Chertsey in Quebec... lost in quebec

Born: Montreal

Favourite Current Hab: Steve Bégin and Christopher Higgins

Favourite All time Hab: I don't really know but i like Béliveau and Maurice Richard.

Last Words: Go habs Go! Be indulgent with me... i'm francophone and i'm not the best in english I try to be more better than this... and I would pratic my english with you.

Hi, habbers...

Just checking in to the forum of the best darn team in da world, Da Habs..:D

Just like to introduce myself and say hey to the best fans on the planet..

Howdy..

Username: Ray10

RealName: Ray

Live: Toronto, Ontario

Born: Toronto

Age 19, 20 on the 20th of this month.

Favourite NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens

Fav Current Hab: Alex Kovalev

Fav all time Hab: Patrick Roy

Fav Number: 10

Fav Words: GO HABS GO

NHL Team I hate the most: Ottawa Senators

Guest lfrommtl
Username: Melissa<3'sMcCabe.

RealName: Melissa.

Live: Toronto, Ontario

Born: Toronto

Age 16

Favourite NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs.

Fav Current Leafs: Bryan McCabe. stfu.

Fav all time fav Leafs: Felix Potvin.

Fav Number: 24

Fav Words: GO leafs GO.

NHL Team I hate the most: Ottawa Senators

all due respect this is the habs forum may i ask why you are here?

Guest lisa_11

There are many Habs fans on the Leafs board (I think) and there are other Leafs fans here. :D Why shouldn't she join.

I doubt she'll cause any "trouble".. :D

Username: snake.eyes1986

Live: Roseburg, Oregon

Born: Hermiston, Oregon

Age 20

Favourite NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs, but I also root for Edmonton and Montreal, a little

Fav Current Leafs: Mats Sundin

Fav all time fav Leafs: Mats Sundin

Fav Current Canadiens: Guillaume Latendresse

Fav Number: 13

Fav Words: GO leafs GO.

NHL Team I hate the most: Without a doubt, Ottawa Senators

Guest habsFREAK27

this may be one of the answers :D

Cutest player on the Habs

Views: 454 Posted By Melissa<3'sMcCabe

Re: Cutest player on the Habs

CAREY PRICE ... and mccabe(L) hehe.

Username: #21 Chris Higgins

Live: Calgary, Alberta

Born: Ft. McMurray, Alberta

Favourite Current Hab: Chris Higgins, Saku Koivu

Favourite All time Hab: Saku Koivu

Last Words: Blow Leafs Blow

Other Sports Teams: Boston Red Sox

NHL Team I Hate The Most: Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins, Calgary Flames

Guest Scott from Brampton

Hello everybody, I'm 38 years old and have been a Habs fan since I was 8 or 9 years old.

Altough I lived in the Vancouver area at the time, I became a Habs fan as this was the late 70's and the Canadiens were the best!

I moved to the Toronto area as a 10 year old and have lived in southern Ont. since. I was able to remain a Hab fan as their games were available every Saturday night on the CBC Peterborough station. Does anybody remember those push button Rogers cable converters! ... anyway in the early 90s after all the Ont. CBC stations switched to only showing the Leafs I started watching the Habs on Radio-Canada even tough I did not(at the time) understand french.

Today I subscipt to RDS and have not missed a game this year. I am still not fluent in french but I sure know all the hockey terms!

Username: sajc

RealName: Serge

Live: Prince George bc

Born: Val-d'Or (QC)

Favourite NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens

Fav Current Hab: Saku Koivu,Guillaume Latendresse,Chris Higgins,and Huet

Fav all time Hab: Patrick Roy,Ken Dryden,and Guy Lafleur

Fav Number: 58

Fav Words: GO HABS GO

NHL Team I hate the most: Toronto Maple Leafs

Hi everybody! My name's Nadine, I'm 15 and I was born in Chur, Switzerland (yes, I'm native Swiss). I was moved for one year to Calgary to my mothers cousine to learn better English and watch a lot of NHL games...

It's pretty hard to be a Habs fan in Calgary, but hey, I'm still alive.

The Flames sucks, but the NHL teams I hate the most are the Bruins and the Hurricanes... I think my favourite Hab of all time would always be Patrick Roy. I don't have a fav. current Hab... they're all awesome.

Other things I should tell: My French is very bad. It sounds like the Google translations. :D

Guest KomisarekGurl8

Hello everybody !

My name is Sandra and I live in Windsor, Ontario.... I was born and raise in Montreal, so following the Habs was something that I learned since being a little girl.....

My favorite player if you haven't realized it is Mike Komisarek :D

I would like to wave to my friend CanadianMike :ghg: and thanks to him and his wife, I was able to meet Mike during my Christmas trip up in Montreal !!!!!

Go Habs Go !

Guest kiwihab

User Name:Kiwihab

Favourite current Hab:Saku Koivu

Favourite past Hab:Jean Beliveau

Hi Habs fans. I've been a fan of the Canadiens now since 1994. It all started when my flatmate had EA Sports NHL 94 on the Sega game system. He rather fancied himself as pretty good at it so one day I decided to take him on. The game automatically selects the last two teams who fought out the Stanley Cup finals the previous year so he went LA and I went MTL. I didn't know one team from another so it seemed as good as any. I beat him :D much to his chagrin and from there my interest in the Habs snowballed. I quickly adopted Montreal as my team whenever I played the game and had much success.

Initially my interest in hockey went only as far as the video game but I soon became caught up in watching the 94 finals and seeing the Rangers break their curse. I soon learned that the Canadiens had an incredible history of success and more than their fair share of legendary players. In other words I had picked the ideal team to build a lifelong devotion around. I became obsessed with hockey and the Canadiens, watching the few games that would come to us from ESPN via the local Sky Sports channel and playing video hockey. By now, a number of my other friends had become involved and we would play regular tournaments.

I was a member of The Canadiens Fan club for a few years in the late 90s before getting on the internet. I have a (red) Canadiens jersey, cap and souvenir puck.

By 1996 my interest in hockey was so strong I felt the only thing left to do was to take the game up. I was 29 at the time, had never had much success in the sports I had tried in the past and didn't know how to skate but I threw myself into it whole heartedly. First through skating classes then on to hockey school. The following year I found myself playing on the wing for the North Shore Celtics in the Auckland Senior B league. I wont go into too much detail about my playing career but I'll say this. The three years I spent in the Celtics was the most rewarding thing I've ever done and some of the best lessons in life I learned while on the ice. I wasn't the best player on the team by any stretch of the imagination but I contributed and won the respect of my peers. Being a Habs fan had an advantage, thanks to learning about players like Bob Gainey I learned the value of being a good defensive forward; an aspect of my game I worked hard on. When I joined the Celtics they were the easybeats of the league, frequently losing by double figures. However, in just half a season and with only a change in coach and management we became one of the strongest teams in the league, narrowly losing out in the playoff semis two years in a row. To be a part of that was quite remarkable, especially when you consider that I was never one for team sports.

I hung up my skates in 2000, deciding to get out while I'm on top of my game and still (mostly) in one piece. By then I was on the internet and that became my window on the NHL. Hockey is very much a minority sport here in New Zealand and these days with the circle of friends I used to play and watch hockey with having gone our separate ways I don't really have anyone around here to talk hockey with. All that changed a year or so ago when my brother became engaged to a Canadian woman who turned out to be a Leafs fan :D Needless to say we have some interesting conversations and I take great pleasure in reminding her of the Leafs' 40 year cup drought:twisted:

These days I rely on CJAD radio commentaries and video replays to keep up to date. In spite of the fact there's now four Sky Sport channels here (as opposed to one a decade ago) hockey coverage on TV has almost dried up. I'm genuinely excited about the Habs this season and feel they have a real chance of picking up number 25 as all the ingredients seem to be there i.e. all lines scoring, strong goaltending, the special teams doing they should do, good leadership (I’ve seen enough to know they’re a far lesser team without Saku) and the right people in coaching and management. Bring it on.

If you've read this far, I thank you.

Guest habsfanincolorado

Hello there!!!! New on the board and just getting going.

My real name is Scott and I live in Denver, Colorado. 34 years old, married and going to be a Dad for the 1st time in June! I became a fan in 1982 when I was 10 years old as the Colorado Rockies packed up & left to become the Devils. I see every game on the NHL center ice package and I view from my Broncos, Cubs, & Canadiens decked out basement. The team wont be in Denver this year as all of you know so I'm flying to Nashville next month to see the boys play live. If any of you guys are going to be there let me know, I want to have a pregame party in the lot!!!!!!!!! Ottawa is next to bow down to the REAL team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest habsfanincolorado
Hello there!!!! New on the board and just getting going.

My real name is Scott and I live in Denver, Colorado. 34 years old, married and going to be a Dad for the 1st time in June! I became a fan in 1982 when I was 10 years old as the Colorado Rockies packed up & left to become the Devils. I see every game on the NHL center ice package and I view from my Broncos, Cubs, & Canadiens decked out basement. The team wont be in Denver this year as all of you know so I'm flying to Nashville next month to see the boys play live. If any of you guys are going to be there let me know, I want to have a pregame party in the lot!!!!!!!!! Ottawa is next to bow down to the REAL team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I also run the home thread of the Canadiens & update after every game on a Broncos board at the "other sports" area. There are only about 5 teams with a home thread:ghg: ...I made sure we were represented

www.orangemane.com