The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Guest Jesus Price
This is why I love the Canadiens and the Canadiens message board. Won't find this on the Leaf's board!

Why? leafs dont have dedicated fans? dont kid yourself.....

Guest Miltie01
Why? leafs dont have dedicated fans? dont kid yourself.....

Yes...but ......they are Leafs fans !!!!

Everyone loves the Habs, at least everyone should !!!

Guest CharlottetownHabbies

dido.

Below this is abigail maude watching her first Habs game. When she was born in August I kept saying the names of our greats into her ear over and over for about an hour.

Guest den0923
dido.

Below this is abigail maude watching her first Habs game. When she was born in August I kept saying the names of our greats into her ear over and over for about an hour.

Don't tell her we drafted Tucker. That would be it for her as a fan. lol

if this were on the leaf board, it'd sound something like this:

Sometimes I love the leafs, ever since I was a little kid and I listened to them get knocked out of the playoffs consistently on the radio because I was grounded for actually using logic (my dad hated when i did that, he is a true leaf fan)... The feeling of pure disappointment when I got out of school bus the following morning and every kid at school was crying and screaming.

I remember going through all of high school and never missing a single game... just the thought of todd gill and the '93 loss to the kings makes me wretch all over... the puck going off his skate and in is frozen in my mind... Pretty much everything since then has been a dry desert, and i wont lie, i've almost given up hope completely.

My wife recently gave birth to our first mutant, half man, half lizard, born hours after we had turned off the radio in the delivery room and listened as that annoying joe bowen moaned when we lost to ottawa, a team I hate but that still give me warm memories of getting absolutely slaughtered... Alfredsson... Spezza... healtley... even ray emery...

The poor child is not even three weeks old and yet nothing makes me feel happier than dressing him up in his little bay street suit to sit down and watch the games in complete silence... he hasn't missed one yet! Instead of memories, it gives me hope of the fun we'll have together when I take him to his first live game sitting in the platinums (which are mostly empty), when he laces up his own skates for the first time, and falls, I cant wait.

well, sorry to bore you all with this, I had a friend over yesterday and we were talking about money and I guess it jogged my memory... back to work... hope I posted this in the right place...

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

Sometimes I love the leafs, ever since I was a little kid and I listened to them get knocked out of the playoffs consistently on the radio because I was grounded for actually using logic (my dad hated when i did that, he is a true leaf fan)... The feeling of pure disappointment when I got out of school bus the following morning and every kid at school was crying and screaming.

I remember going through all of high school and never missing a single game... just the thought of todd gill and the '93 loss to the kings makes me wretch all over... the puck going off his skate and in is frozen in my mind... Pretty much everything since then has been a dry desert, and i wont lie, i've almost given up hope completely.

My wife recently gave birth to our first mutant, half man, half lizard, born hours after we had turned off the radio in the delivery room and listened as that annoying joe bowen moaned when we lost to ottawa, a team I hate but that still give me warm memories of getting absolutely slaughtered... Alfredsson... Spezza... healtley... even ray emery...

The poor child is not even three weeks old and yet nothing makes me feel happier than dressing him up in his little bay street suit to sit down and watch the games in complete silence... he hasn't missed one yet! Instead of memories, it gives me hope of the fun we'll have together when I take him to his first live game sitting in the platinums (which are mostly empty), when he laces up his own skates for the first time, and falls, I cant wait.

well, sorry to bore you all with this, I had a friend over yesterday and we were talking about money and I guess it jogged my memory... back to work... hope I posted this in the right place...

:lol: Brilliant!

I've been here a while but I've yet to formally introduce myself...

Username: ChriS_HigGinS#1

Live: Montreal, Quebec

Favourite Current Hab: Higgins and O'Byrne

Favourite All time Hab: Mark Recchi

User name: translates to BlueTurtleneck in English, see favorite current Hab below :D

Live: Laval

Born: Montréal

Favourite Current Hab: Pleky (with Markov and Hamrlik not far behind)

Favourite All time Hab: Näslund, Lafleur

I've been a fan since I was 5 when my father (R.I.P.) brought me to the Forum for a game against the Laffs ;)

Pulitzer Prize material right there... that was brilliant!!!

User name: dt9999

Live: Pointe-Claire

Born: Montreal

Favourite Current Hab: Saku

Favourite All time Hab: Patrick Roy, Brian Skrudland

Best Habs Memory: Patrick Roy's wink to Tomas Sandstrom in the '93 finals ;)

Most Painful Habs Memory: The entire Houle/Tremblay period :(

Guest habsfan_10

Hello! to my fellow Habsfans my user id is habsfan_10 the#10 or my all time fav Guy Lafleur,was bore in Quebec moved to south Ont when i was 4 i am 43 been a habs fan all my life good n bad years.Fav moment was making it to the Forum before they tore it down. GO HABS GOOOOO!!!! ps great site great fans love it

• 5 weeks later...
Guest 4_czech

Hello all,

My brand new other half is a Montreal native and things go.. ..ahh a bit smother when I root for them.

Anyway, I'm for ANY team that is playing the Leafs, then throw in the Bruins, Sabres, Rangers etc.... (not in any particular order, except for Toronto)

I was in Montreal for the home opener Oct 13. The HABS play wasn't too sharp that night but the atmosphere inside (and outside) od Bell Centre was awesome!!!! I thought Vancouver was pretty energized.. .. .. NOT! Montreal is THE real Hocket Town.

I'm learning more and more about the players and a bit more about team history. (I know a bit of history already since the HABS are one of the original six) This web site is great for my education, thanks everyone.

Ce le BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Username: Uwey

Live: Lunenburg, NS

Born: Same as above.

Favourite Current Hab: Vet : Koivu Kid : Higgins

Favourite All time Hab: Cournoyer

Favourite Prospect: McDonagh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Constellation

Hi there.

This is my first post here. I've been around for approx. 2 years, but just reading, not posting.

I live in Switzerland, but my Mom is from Montreal and she lives there.

Username: Constellation

Live: near Zurich, Switzerland

Born: Zurich

Fav current Hab: Streit, Kovalev, Latendresse

• 1 month later...
Guest James Anarchy 2

LOL! My REAL first post was axed w/ a big red "X"...and I was disciplined (nicely I might add) and told to post it here...so here it goes (again)... (No worries Graeme. I understand.)

Greetings to all! I finally broke down and registered as a member of this forum. I hope it's a great ride.

I grew up in Long Island NY...but my Dad was a HUGE Canadiens fan. He followed them back in the 1950's until he went home to be with the Lord a couple of years ago. When I was about 7 yrs old (this was probably around 1976/1977) my Dad was watching the Canadiens' playoff game. He grabbed a little mini chair and ordered me to sit down in front of the TV set. He said; "Watch this team. This is the best hockey team you're EVER going to see."

I think they were playing the Flyers, but I'm not positive. I DO know the Canadiens were losing...and out of nowhere comes a barrage of goals. I remember thinking that this team looked like it was able to score at will. The rest is history. I've worn a crimson sweater with a big red letter "C" on it ever since. Imagine the flack I took in 1979...that is until the Habs beat up on the Rangers for the cup!

Anyway...glad to be a Habs fan (even in hostile territory) and to be part of the board. I do go to the games (in NJ) whenever the Canadiens are in town. My one regret is never seeing a game in the Montreal Forum. I MUST get to a game at the Bell Centre.

Well that's my story. Glad to be here...

Guest CheeseHab

Dare I presume to bump myself up on this day of days? Yes! I challange the stick!

I think the Price will Be Right ... if this year... WOW! Suprise Suprise and Bravo young man!

At least Bob didn't Shedon Souray Christobal Huet.

HOWEVER - (yes, CheeseHab IS a Habs fan) - no 25th Coupe until we score another Claude Lemieux.

That's a stone cold fact my brothers and sisters.

I started my 1st post with a capital 'D' ... intentionally.

I LOVE rooting for the Habs - I hate their folding-fragility. 10 years now!!

"Montreal" .... I haven't seen you yet so I can't speak of the reality that is still just a phenomenon to me.

Nevertheless - here in Wisconsin, (referencing the Pack), I know what IT is.

(aside: I hate the actual cheesehead and that dopey Hab-smiley-face).

What's my #1? Captain Vinny Lecavalier. What's my fav? 17 March 1955.

I say - until we dedicate like the Devils, all we'll have to enjoy is a bunch of single shining moments.

THIS team COULD raise Our 25th Cup: but it's wholly up to THEM to do it ON-THE-ICE.

(1-1 Atl-Habs right now ... slam someone Komi! COME ON!!)

Guest dritz123

screen name: dritz123 real name: Dave Location: Rochester, NY Favorite current Habs include Mike Komisarek, and Carey Price favorite of all time- Yvon Cournoyer, Guy Lafleur, and Ken Dryden age: 46 A little about myself; I am a diehard Hab fan in Sabres country -Have been a fan since I was a youngster- One of my favorite memories is from the finals the year we came back to beat Boston when Cherry got caught w/ too many men. Also the year we beat Hartford ( 86' ) ? Claude Lemieux got the winner in Ot

Guest DVRichard

Username; DVRichard, Real name: Darren, Location: Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia. (About 5 minutes from Cole Harbour where Sidney Crosby is from) 45 yrs. old, Habs fan ever since I was old enough to learn that they had a player with the same last name as me, and he had a brother who was a legend with the Habs as well! Favorite Habs from the past: of course, The Rocket, The Pocket Rocket and Mike McPhee, a fellow Nova Scotian. Favorite current Habs: Kovi. Higgins and Komi. Close encounter with a Hab: I had my picture taken with Lafleur in the late 80's.

Guest privateserver

User name: privateserver

Live: Edmonton

Born: Montreal

Favourite Current Hab: Carey Price ;)

Favourite All time Hab: Patrick Roy :D

Best Habs Memory: Patrick Roy's wink in the 93 finals

Guest spcbrass

I moved here to Montreal from the states in 2006. Since I have moved here I have become obsessed with hockey and the Habs are my team! Hockey isn't all that big where I came from, especially when you consider how absolutely HUGE it is up here! I'll be cheering the boys through good times and bad!

• 1 month later...
Guest Philly

Hi everyone,

I post a lot on the French side, so i just want to introduce myself here so that everyone can recognize me.

Name : Philippe

My favorite hockey team other than the Montréal Canadiens : The Hull Olympiques

Since when i'm a Montréal Canadiens fan : Since i was a child.

My favorite Canadiens players of all time : None

My current favorite Canadiens player : Roman Hamrlik is my favorite when he arrived with the Canadiens.

Your favorite music : I have a lot of music that i like, so i won't make a big list.

Your favorite movie : I love horror movies.

Your favorite television show : I don't really have a favorite television show, but i watch a lot of hockey.

Other comments : Go! Habs Go!

Guest 1stroundpick

Name: Patrick

Favorite Past Habs Player: Ken Dryden

Favorite Present Habs PLayer: Mike Komisarek

Favorite Non Habs Player : Steve Yzerman

Favorite Habs Moment: Getting to sit 1st row and watch Philly vs Montreal have scrap right in front of me in playoffs. Back then Chelly and Corson would pop a puck in opps net after warmup was over. Will never forget it because I never saw my Dad act the way he did right then & also that Im imortalized on T.V.

Favorite Personal Hockey Moment: Many, as I lived next to 3 habs players back in the early 80's Id have to say that my top 2 were metting Bobby Hull and Sitting in the penalty box to watch the habs practice when I was 12 & also got to sit in the dressing room with the guys after practice.

Favorite Music: Anything but Country

Hello all I have been on this site for about a month and just love it here. Wish I had a little more time to read & post. I cant wait to go see a habs game again.Cant wait to go back to Montreal eat a Schwartz smoked meat & eat a Chalet BBQ chicken. My heart aches without being able to go to games !

Guest Highspeed969

Username: Highspeed969

Live: Fredericton

Born: small town in NB

Favourite Current Hab: Tie between Plekanec & Price

Favourite All time Hab: Roy

Favourite Prospect: Emelin

Habs fan since : late 1980's (wasn't into hockey before that)

My WHOLE family is Habs fans....including brothers, father, uncles...pretty much any family member that I know, love the Habs as much as I do :D