The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Guest Habsfan_aedm#10

Hi All!

Work took me away from Montreal and my Habs some years ago and am now in Edmonton. Still a Habs fan and that will never change. I'm old enough to remember a few Stanley Cup wins, watching a 3-3 tie against Russia (still the best game I've ever seen) and of course Lafleur streaking down the right wing causing Cherry to have migraines. :lol:

GO HABS GO!!!!!! 12 for 25!!!

Guest DiamondJ

Hey Everybody!

My name is Jude and I'm from Calgary.

I've been a Habs fan since my dad and I used to watch Hockey Night In Canada on Saturdays on our old black & white TV. Kinda dates me, huh?

I've been reading the Forum for a little while as a guest & finally decided to join the crowd.

WAY TO GO HABS!

Guest StarsFanPfunk

Hey Montreal. I'm from Dallas, and a huge Stars fan. But, i'm recently watching the Habs because 2 of my favorite people in the world now work in Montreal. Bob Gainy and Guy Carbonneau. Good luck in the playoffs! I hope to see you all in the finals ;)

Guest flyeredup

Hey I am a Montrealer since childhood but always been a Phanatic for all Philly teams except the Phillies.

Habs very nice win over the Ruins..

Now we meet:)

Guest jefflee
Hey I am a Montrealer since childhood but always been a Phanatic for all Philly teams except the Phillies.

Habs very nice win over the Ruins..

Now we meet:)

that is going to be a great series . :D

Guest tegren

Hi!

From Lund, Sweden. My grandparents worked in Montreal in the mideighties. Went over to visit them with my father. We went to se two games, against Hartford (5-1) and Calgary (3-5). My firt encounter with sports and I loved it. Been a diehard Habsfan since, actually the only team I really support. But due to different timezones I mostly follow them on paper. However, I've stayed up to four, completely f-king up my sleep rythm, during the playoffs, watching the games streamed online. God bless the internet.

Go Habs Go

Guest Bruin Fan 4

Peace of Peterborough

I've been a die hard Bruin fan since 1970 ... therapy continues

I've been a new Habs fan since Monday .... and for years I thought HABS stood for "Had A Bad Season"

I have to admit that there are no finer Fans than the ones on this forum .... GO HABS GO

Guest cp491

Hi guys, I'm a huge Flyers fan from northern New Jersey (25 miles west of New York City), stuck in Devils/Rangers territory. I grew up here, in the NYC suburbs, but my parents grew up in Philly so I am also a big Phillies and Eagles fan. Been a passionate Flyers/hockey fan all of my life, and I am enjoying my time here so far talking to some very knowledgeable people. Being just outside of New York, you really don't get a lot of good hockey coverage. Yes, the Rangers do pretty well attendance wise, but they are definitely the bottom of the barrel in the New York sports scene. The Flyers are much more important and relevant in Philadelphia than the Rangers are in New York. So anyway, I definitely am starved for some good hockey talk, as I am a member and regular poster of the Flyers message board as well. Should be a great series!

Guest mike hawk

hi ! my real name is Benoit, I'm a 33 years old French Canadian from the suburbs of Montreal and a real hardcore habs fan, i watch every games , i just went to the flyers forum and i was really disappointed about all those comments about us!I'm really happy to meet people like cp491 that shows some class, and likes hockey as much as me!!! a wink to you Bruins Fan 4 as well!!! let the games begin and have fun everyone!!

Guest phantomphan

Good morning,

I am an avid hockey fan from Southern New Jersey raised on Flyers hockey. I'm a fan of the sport, not just the team and, since 1996, have been a partial season ticket holder for the Philadelphia Phantoms of the AHL. I look forward to a great series here and still believe that my guys can win it. Although, I am sure I will be told multiple times here that I am wrong!!

Guest ryanrdt
Hi all.

I live close to Houston, TX and I have been addicted to the Habs since I was 8 years old. I am now 48 years old.

Growing up in Texas, I was one of the few kids who liked hockey. I remember watching my first ever hockey game on TV and it was the Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley Cup playoffs [1968] against the St. Louis Blues. I was amazed at watching the Canadiens skate and win. Names like Beliveau, Cournoyer, Lemaire, Tremblay, Savard and Richard.

I was instantly hooked on Canadiens Hockey. Through thick and thin, I have stuck with my Canadiens. Thank God for Time Warner Cable's Hockey Package. :D I havent missed a game yet this year. Tivo is my friend.

Go Habs Go. Bring home the Cup.

PS. My two favorite songs are "Vertigo" by U2 and "Ole, ole, ole, ole....." My wife thinks I am crazy as I sing along with the Canadien fans at the game. :P

My goal is to finally attend a game in Montreal. I have seen them play the Stars in Dallas. But, nothing would be finer than to sit at the Bell Centre and sing along with the greatest fans in hockey.

Welcome on the board.

Don't feel crazy, we all sing along!!!

Guest flyeredup
Good morning,

I am an avid hockey fan from Southern New Jersey raised on Flyers hockey. I'm a fan of the sport, not just the team and, since 1996, have been a partial season ticket holder for the Philadelphia Phantoms of the AHL. I look forward to a great series here and still believe that my guys can win it. Although, I am sure I will be told multiple times here that I am wrong!!

::)) Nice welcome~~ GO FLYAHS!!!!!

Welcome to all our new members, nice to see fans of other teams join and add some interesting and healthy debate to the forum. If any of you guys have any questions feel free to PM me anytime.

Guest sherby_habs_fan

lol i am writing on this board since a month or so but i just noticed this thread! :o

anyway, my name is Chris and i live in Sherbrooke QC

been a die hard HABS fan since i was born.

i am lucky enough to remember the last stanley cup in 1993 ( well even if i was only 8 at that time ! )

i still remember the feeling and cant wait to see the next one !!

we are on our way to cup number 25 GO HABS GO!!

Guest slode

Hi..I'am Greg Smith,username,slode.

I live in London, Ontario..lived in Montreal for 21 years

hate leafs,always wanted to be Canadians Mascot,,not a yuppie..but maybe a guy with a big Lafleur head..LOL

America burned us for a baseball championship,so lets keep burnin them in hockey..EXPOS RULED

I love all people, it's corruption by money.misuse of power ,politics,disrespect ..i hate

FAV players..Koivu,Zednik,Kostopoulos

Vet Fav players..H Richard,Beliveau,Dryden and Lafleur

Fav game enjoyed at forum..Mtl vs Quebec ,stanley cup quarter finals with major fights and 4-1 comeback in 3rd

Fav memoriabilia,,signed card by Frank Mahovalich,after wrote letter to forum,saying my mom had crush on him..:)..in the 60's..

the only reason i would ever move back to Montreal, would be for my loyalty to The Montreal Canadians

Guest Fox1971

Hey Folks!

I'm 37, born in Montreal but a Prairie boy, been a Habs fan since age 4, except for the years 1995 - 2006, when I didn't follow hockey at all ... what was I doing then? Well, yeah, I don't know, stuff, whatever ...

Anyhoo, at Christmas 2006 I suddenly had a great yen to follow the NHL & Habs again & did & do it obsessively enough that like many of you I follow the line-up changes from game to game, on the Internet, since not a lot of games are televized out west ... but I'm glad we're doing better now because around Feb '07 I was thinking I'm bad luck ... :unsure:

but I am so with Gainey's philosophy of developing players internally thru smart draft picks rather than the Rangers model of assembling spare parts from wherever - so I hope that trend continues ... & that it's successful!!

because it's a lot more fun if I can imagine the players are a tight loyal team rather than a loosely knit group of fee agents, no matter how much the latter is reality & the former illusory ...

So here's hoping the Gainey system is successful - & right now it seems like pure genius, as our Habs have a wealth of young talent & no shortage of prospects & are looking good for a run this year & even more so in '09 &/or '10 & beyond ...

Favourite players (back when): Robinson, Carbo, Richer (in the late 80s you had to love that guy - always a big goal where needed!)

Favourite players (now): Koivu, Kostopoulus, Sergei Kostitsyn, etc...

GO HABS!!!

Guest mike hawk

Hi all.

I live close to Houston, TX and I have been addicted to the Habs since I was 8 years old. I am now 48 years old.

Growing up in Texas, I was one of the few kids who liked hockey. I remember watching my first ever hockey game on TV and it was the Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley Cup playoffs [1968] against the St. Louis Blues. I was amazed at watching the Canadiens skate and win. Names like Beliveau, Cournoyer, Lemaire, Tremblay, Savard and Richard.

I was instantly hooked on Canadiens Hockey. Through thick and thin, I have stuck with my Canadiens. Thank God for Time Warner Cable's Hockey Package. biggrin.gif I havent missed a game yet this year. Tivo is my friend.

Go Habs Go. Bring home the Cup.

PS. My two favorite songs are "Vertigo" by U2 and "Ole, ole, ole, ole....." My wife thinks I am crazy as I sing along with the Canadien fans at the game. tongue.gif

My goal is to finally attend a game in Montreal. I have seen them play the Stars in Dallas. But, nothing would be finer than to sit at the Bell Centre and sing along with the greatest fans in hockey.

Don't feel crazy, we all sing along!!!

-Dallas has a great team too...

Guest Late Apex

Hi Habs fans!

I'm a Orginal Six fan, 55 years old and live in Clarkston, Michigan, which is about 45 minutes drive north of Detroit. My favorite team is the Red Wings, with the Habs being a close second. I've been posting for almost a week now, so I suppose I should introduce myself. The first game I ever attended was a 2-0 Wings upset win over the Habs at the old Olympia in February of 1975. I was amazed at how fast the Habs skated and how good Larry Robinson was. That was the last year the Wings had the Little Beaver before he bolted for Los Angeles. I was so glad the Habs beat the hated Flyers for the Cup the following year. I was pulling for the Leafs to beat the Flyers, but they were overmatched despite having pyramid power!

I would like nothing more than to see Wings get back into the Eastern Conference. I hope Carolina and Nashville relocate out West soon. You Habs fans don't know how bad it is for us older Detroit and Chicago fans playing Nashville, Columbus, etc. so many times each year and hardly ever seeing our teams playing Montreal, Boston, New York and Toronto.

Good luck Montreal in the East. Beat the Flyers and the Pens-Rangers winner and let's see a Detroit-Montreal final!

Guest sheffield_steelers

Hi all,

My names Jack and I'm from just near Sheffield, England.

I've been registered for a few years but don't really post that often (I saw this thread for the first time today). I visit the forum everyday and usually just read through threads seeing peoples opinions etc. on the technical side of the game to help me understand positional play.

I have the European NASN channel which shows a lot of hockey. Luckily they are showing all the Habs game this series and showed all but one of the Boston series.

I'm 18 years old and have been playing for around 3 years at Rec level. I have a season ticket for our local pro team (yes we do have a league in Britain !!!) which the standard as AHL/ECHL level. We get a lot of players from these leagues who either realized they aren't going to make the show, or want a stepping stone into the bigger leagues in Europe (DEL, Swedish, Finnish leagues).

We had a few players in the league during the lockout year and Theo Fleury played here two years ago after he'd come out of rehab. Absolutely tore the league apart. 1st game he had 3 goals 3 assists and a fight.

I've been watching hockey since around 94/95 and became a fan of the Habs during the lockout year (may sound strange as there was no hockey, not really sure how I became a fan) and whenever I'm on the interent, i read the forum or about past players, history of the organisation.

My favourite players are Koivu and Serg. Koivu because of his fight against cancer which I think also reflects on the ice. I think this because he's one of the smallest guys on the roster yet you will NEVER see him back down battling in the corners, even when the teams in a slump, he's out there carrying everyone trying to create something.

My dream has always to go and see the Habs but as someone said to me a while ago, you shouldn't make this your dream, you should make it your aim.

Luckily, later this year around mid october and going to ski and work for the season in Whistler, BC. So i'm flying to Montreal for a few days to meet up with family and friends (they live upstate New York) so they are happy to meet up with me and go see 1 maybe 2 games if we can get tickets.

Wow that seems like an essay lol,

thats me anyway

Very popular russian name for a girl :D

Yes it is.

I chose it because I am very knowledgable about Russia. It is my internet name.

(liking russian hockey players in my teens didnt hurt either.)

It is not my real name. I am a Newfoundlander born and bred.

anyway, might as well fill this thing out, I should have done it but i never

so here it is.

Username: Svetlana

Name: Not telling my real name. Ill just take the Fifth. xD

Favorite Past Habs Player: Patrick Roy, Guy Carbonneau, Denis Savard, Kirk Muller, Vinnie Damphousse

Favorite Present Habs PLayer: Saku Koivu (but love Kovalev and Price too)

Favorite Non Habs Player : dont have one. But it used to be Mario Lemieux.

Favorite Habs Moment: When they wo n the cup in 1993. To me that will always be the special time because the cup turned 100 that year, and what better way to celebrate than having the team which has hugged it the most, 23 times at that time, win it? i still have my stanley cup centennial t shirt. Thats a shirt i will always keep. I will not live to see the cup turn 200 so that shirt to me is priceless.

Favorite Personal Hockey Moment: See above.

Favorite Music: Soft rock.

Any additional comments: I am a university student, doing a BA, bachelor of arts degree with a double major in Russian language and literature and history.

Favorite NHL hockey player of all time: Ted Lindsay.

hi I am miller76 and I live on the island of Maui in Hawaii. Moved here from southern California. My roots are from Michigan, and I have always been a Detroit Red Wings fan. I am a true hockey fan. I love the aora of the original 6 teams, especially Montreal.

31 years old

retired, sold my business, and bought some nice property over looking the Pacific.

Thank you for having me here, it's a pleasure.

Habs fan since birth; in Flyers-town purgatory since university/marriage :lol: I proudly (bravely?) run around town in Doug Harvey sweater.

Flyers and their fans revel in this dark vengeance, us against the refs/world tripe; but, the team does have genuine young and experienced talent and is opportunistic scrappy--which is somewhat reflective of self-annointed blue collar Philly.

They can be had though for the all the reasons posted elsewhere on this board.

YO! Go Habs!

Whats up people! My name is Varand, and I live in Hamilton, Ontario. Pretty much in Leafs country. Been a Habs fan since 1990. Just graduated from my marketing program in school and am currently just working for the summer till I start to really look for a serious job. Will be 23 years old this October!