The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

I'm 67 years ald and I've been a faithful Habs fan since the early fifties. My first Stanley Cup was in 1953 when the Habs beat the Boston Bruins 1-0 in OT. The goal was scored by Elmer Lach assisted by Maurice Richard. After the goal was scored, Maurice jumped in Lach's arms to celebrate and broke his nose.

I was 11 years old then and going to school at l'Ecole St Nicolas d'Ahuntsic. I remember Eddy Palchak was in my class then. I had a photo of the class but lost it. Maurice Richard lived on Peloquin street very near our school. I remember playing hockey with pick up groups at our school rink with Maurice Jr and Huguette who by the way was quite good.

Maurice used to practice every now and then at our rink. I remember watching him practice with the Doyle brothers, Bobby and Norman who were playing with the Montreal Royals then. It was quite impressive.

hi! my name is boris, i'm 27 years old. i live in zagreb, croatia.

ice hockey isn't the most popular sport in croatia, on the contrary, soccer, basketball, handball and even waterpolo have much more fans here. we have only 3 ice hockey clubs and our national team is currently in the world's division I. this situation could be changed because, starting next year, our champion medvescak will be playing austrian professional ice hockey league called ebel, so managment of the team is planning to bring some canadian ohl and ahl players of croatian origin. finally some good hockey in the town! :)

i've been following ice hockey since world championship 1994. and liked it very much because it is more dynamic than any sport i've seen. of course, except world championships and olypimcs tournaments, there was no way you could see ice hockey on tv in croatia. so i followed nhl througt the internet, rare press articles in croatian newspapers and ea sports nhl live game. joe sakic (his grandparents are croatians) was my idol but i didn't like the fact he's been playing for the club removed from the origin city. in the european sports something like that is impossible. i read a lot of about nhl history and i fell in love with the habs.

last year i got tremendous news, our cable tv put in nasn (now espn america) as a one of their regular program so i can watch nhl every day :)

cheers!

Hello,

I am very happy to be a new member to your site, long time hockey, colorado avalanche, and canadiens fan. don't worry I will keep it to the habs here. i'm 30 with a 3 year old son (that loves Carey Price), I play hockey (goalie) in a beer league and i look forward to talking to you fine Habs fans!

hi! my name is boris, i'm 27 years old. i live in zagreb, croatia.

ice hockey isn't the most popular sport in croatia, on the contrary, soccer, basketball, handball and even waterpolo have much more fans here. we have only 3 ice hockey clubs and our national team is currently in the world's division I. this situation could be changed because, starting next year, our champion medvescak will be playing austrian professional ice hockey league called ebel, so managment of the team is planning to bring some canadian ohl and ahl players of croatian origin. finally some good hockey in the town! :)

i've been following ice hockey since world championship 1994. and liked it very much because it is more dynamic than any sport i've seen. of course, except world championships and olypimcs tournaments, there was no way you could see ice hockey on tv in croatia. so i followed nhl througt the internet, rare press articles in croatian newspapers and ea sports nhl live game. joe sakic (his grandparents are croatians) was my idol but i didn't like the fact he's been playing for the club removed from the origin city. in the european sports something like that is impossible. i read a lot of about nhl history and i fell in love with the habs.

last year i got tremendous news, our cable tv put in nasn (now espn america) as a one of their regular program so i can watch nhl every day :)

cheers!

welcome! it's nice to have another member who enjoys the worlds and the olympic tournaments. it gets pretty quiet in those threads.

maybe you should remind bettman of the global interest in the sport, as opposed to shoving it down the throats of disinterested southerners... ;)

welcome! it's nice to have another member who enjoys the worlds and the olympic tournaments. it gets pretty quiet in those threads.

maybe you should remind bettman of the global interest in the sport, as opposed to shoving it down the throats of disinterested southerners... ;)

thank you!

ill do my best :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

My name : Will - Live in Niagara Region , 40 something .....

Current favourite Habs: Koivu, Price , Komisarek Pleakanac

All-time favourite Habs : The Rocket ( obviously ) , Lafleur , Carbonneau , Robinson , Koivu .

Most memorable games : Game 7 , 1979 semi-finals vs. Boston

Game 6, 1984 Adams Division final vs. Quebec ( The Brawl )

New Years Eve 1975 vs. Red Army ( Tretiak goalie clinic )

Been a Habs fan all of my life .

If I wasn't a Habs fan, my second team would be Chicago .

I love golf, baseball, lacrosse , and the sound of steel carving up the ice ! No other sound in the world like it !

State of the Habs : Needs : DEFENSE ! Solid # 5 and 6 dmen , big, move the puck quick, tough in front of our net.

CENTER ! Lecavalier would be nice, but at what price ?

WINGERS WITH GRIT ! Ryan Smyth mold , I think everyone wants 3 or 4 of those ...............

MEDIA AND FANS : Take it easy on the young kids, especially Price, we don't know how lucky we are to have him , and Halak , Stanley Cups are won from the net out , and we have the best young tandem in the world , this is not the 50s or 70s , we need to apply some pressure for them to succeed , but they need their space too ! We will get # 25 soon, it takes time .

Greatest franchise in professional hockey !

Hi I was an original member of the forum when it began then i kinda drifted away for some reason but now im back. I am a goalie, 16 years old and been a habs fan since I started watching hockey. Look forward to msging with u habs fans

Hello everyone. I'm Alessandro, hockey journalist. I know someone is familiar with me as I write for some sites like hockey's future, russianprospects, mckeen's hockey and others as Russian hockey expert.

I'm not a true Habs fan (don't like the NHL too much), but the Canadiens are my favourite NHL team :)

what about a re-introduction?

good day to all,

i've been gone from the forums for quite a while now. with school and my life getting back on track i've decided to jump back in and see if i can re-integrate what was and i believe still is or can be an awesome community of le bleu, blanc, rouge. i don't think i'll ever reach my old posting status but i'm hoping to talk some good habs hockey with you guys and hoping most of you are willing to welcome me back with open arms.

to the MN team: i'm once again sorry for leaving you all and i don't intend to return full time anytime soon. but i do tip my hat to you all and hope you're still enjoying what you do and yes i will drop in a w00t from time to time for good old times sake. :)

here's to writing and reading!

cheers,

-Matt

Hi,Kevin here from Springfield,Mass. (help im surrounded by Bruins fans) We have an AHL franchise here,(currently the Falcons) and the AHL Headquarters is officed here also. I get to see many prospects of NHL teams,but so far we havent played Hamilton yet. Our parent club as of this posting is Edmonton,but in the AHL affiliations are constantly changing.

Favorite all time Hab- Guy Lafleur

hello my name is habsallday real name michael i sadly live in toronto but hate the leafs i am 14 yes 14 but i really no alot with montreal i follow them everyday i usually go to montreal one or two times for the regular season and in the playoffs once

current favourite player: michael cammalleri

old favourite player:bob gainey

last word:drive for 25

Hello Habs Fans,

My name is Neil Young (not the famous rock star though). I live in the Niagara Region in southern Ontario, but I will be moving to Newfoundland very soon.

I have been a Habs fan since before I can remember (probably 20 years or so).

My favorite all time Canadiens player is Patrick Roy.

I like the direction our team is heading, going into next season. I think of all the new additions so far, I like Paul Mara the most. My favorite returning players from last year are Andrei Markov and Carey Price. Komisarek was my favorite from last season.

A message to other Habs fans:

Let's be positive. I can't stand watching our team get booed in our own rink. Win or lose, let's give the guys our full support.

Username: DeadBolt

Live: Belleville. Ont

Born: Belleville. Ont

Favourite Current Hab: Camelleri

Favourite All time Hab: Patrick Roy

I have been following the habs for 20 years roughtly. I personally see alot of potential in the new Habs. Its going to be a matter of chemistry. I will post my predictions and substantiate them in the appropriate thread.

Username: King of Kings95

Live: Montreal, Quebec

Born: Montreal, Quebec

Favorite Sport: Hockey

Favorite NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens :D

Favourite Current Hab(s): Andrei Markov, Andrei Kostitsyn, Brian Gionta

Favourite All time Hab(s): Jean Béliveau, Ken Dryden, Guy Lafleur, Alexei Kovalev

Phizer's my name.

Long time lurker on the boards.

Live in Melbourne Australia.

HABS fan for over 30 years.

Most memorable moment for me was hopping on a plane for 28 hours to see the last game ever at the forum in 1996. Good thing we won against the stars, and of course the after game ceremony. It stills seems like yesterday cheering the hall of famers, especially the Rocket for 15 minutes.

Detroit might be hockeytown, but Montreal is HOCKEYCITY.