The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Hi, I have followed and revered the Habs since the 68/69 season-I lived in NYC and now Florida and did manage to attend 2 games at the Forum in 89-I have a RED Forum chair here in Florida signed by 7 HOF Habs-I am planning to come up to Montreal for the December 4th/5th weekend Gala-Is the Gala going to be held in the Bell Centre or in a local auditorium-I am assuming that many of the great old timers will be available to the fans for pics and autographs-Will that be the case?-THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Rick

Hey there, I'm WillL, and funnily enough, my name's William. I may be only 16, but I know my hockey. My fave current player would have to be Guillaume Latendresse, and my fave former Hab is deff Saku Koivu. I live in Hamilton, Ontario, and therefore, have to pown many Leafs fans in numerous arguments, and the Habs always come out on top. :D

hello my fellow hockey fans. this is my first time using this forum and i have registered because I need some advice and help from habs fans. i am a huge ranger fan and this season myself and a few friends are planning a "hockey" trip, and we have chosen montreal as our away ranger game. we are planning on going down for the ranger habs game on oct 24th ( a saturday night) at the bell centre. i need some advice on where i should stay hopefully somewhere very close to the bell centre, and if whether or not i can already get tickets somehow. this will be first time in montreal and i have no idea what to expect. any advice?

thanks

Hey guys,

I've been a member for a while but will start being more active on the forums from now on (work allows me to!)

My name is Sébastien Chénier, I'm 26 years old and have been a fan since they won the cup in 93. I was only 9 years old at the time and watching the series with my dad was special. Especially when we jumped for joy after the clock ran down and we won in game 5 :) He was jumping up and down like a little girl haha and I started to do that as well beause his excitement was contagious. I've never looked back! I even did presentations in school about my favorite hockey player of all time: Maurice "The Rocket" Richard.

Born: Ottawa, ON

Live in: Gatineau, Qc

Favorite hab of all time: Maurice Richard

Favorite Current Hab: Mike Cammalleri and Andrei Markov

Hey Habs fans, introduce yourselves here. Welcome to the new improved Canadiens Forums !

Hey All,

I’m from Cape Breton NS transplanted to BC’s great white north. I’m 41, married and a huge Habs fan. Just received a new Bateman painting for my Wife’s birthday today… Now I might be able to get the NHL package lol. Habs look much better this year and with a few more moves should be great.

Buntster

Greetings to all,

My name is Steve and I'm from Buffalo. I AM a habs fan, but still have a soft spot for the Sabres! :D

I started liking the Habs as a kid when a friend of mine (who was a Habs fan) introduced me to this game i love so much & gave me alot his 86-87 Canadiens hockey card doubles.

My favorite habs player was Patrick Roy

My current favorite is Latandresse

(My all-time favorite player is still LaFontaine, sorry I got to watch the Sabres most!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

My name is Bryan

Born and Raised: Allentown, PA

Currently stationed: Naval District Washington D.C.

XBox Live Gamertag: MourningStarBWS

Why I'm a Habs fan is because a good friend of mine got me into hockey this past season and he's a Pens fan. So I liked the sport and picked up NHL 09 for the 360 and have had my best success in the game as well as BAL mode with the Habs. I don't really have a favorite player since I haven't seen the team play consistantly. But I plan on being at the Verizon Center atleast once when the Habs play the Caps.

Hi there...I'm old/new here, coming back after a long absence.

Really excited about the "new" team, tho sad to see so many good guys go....

i look forward to talking hockey and Habs with everyone, rediscovering the old members and getting to know the new...

Welcome back :)

Hey guys i have been a life long habs fan, and recently i have to comment. Whats up with most of you guys, i was at a sens habs game and its almost embarrasing to be a habs fan! Like why the hell were they booing kovi? Like it was his choice he isnt playing in montreal. From that point onward it was just nuts. The four fans beside us were yelling ***** all night, being completely rude to the sens and being complete jerks to my cousin and his wife beside him who are both sens fans. And this is in ottawa! Honestly, the game ended the sens won and as were on our way out, one of the habs fans called my cousins wife a name that i really wont repeat here. We almost went at it right there. I mean cmon guys its one thing to support your team i am all for that, its another to be rude and down right dumb. And to boo kovalev, cmon, he was the best player we had last year, what is he just a bag of crap this year? No he is a great player, one that wanted to retire in montreal and got screwed over by management and his agent. Personally i hope kovalev does good in ottawa and shows bob gainey what he can do when he has players to play with on his team. Anyways, in closing guys, have some class, be happy but polite when we win, and lose with dignity instead of just being an ***** because right now, i am ambarrased to be grouped in the same category as those habs fans were!

FACTS UPDATE :lol:

Jennifer from Varennes, Qc.

35 years err.... young,

Mother of 2 non-hockey-loving boys... :angry:

Favorite current Hab(s): Those who put their feet into it, the Grand Star buried within Carey Price, and Jacques Martin, for whom I am currently erecting a temple of worship.

Favorite lifetime Hab: Goalie Patrick Roy, no competition.

Favorite moment as a Fan: Listening to the game on a walkman with earphones, in 98 during the Icestorm, for an explosive 8-1 win!

Username: rose_83

Live: Whitby, Ontario

Born: Montreal, Quebec

Favourite Current Hab: S. Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Halak

Favourite All time Hab: Patrick Roy and Guy Lafleur

Name: Rick

Age Group: 25-35

Canadiens Fans since: Birth

Realized it at: 11 (lived in europe before that)

Residence: Mrs. Sauga - yea that's just outside Toronto

Teams I despise: Maple Laughs, Bruins

Fav Habs of my time: Roy, Chelios

Converted wife to habs fan: yes

Other fav teams: Avs, NJD

2009-2010 preview: Would like to see Price step up and have an amazing season followed by a great post-season run. Or ... step down and make way for someone who can handle the pressure.

Randomness: Fan enough to live in Ontario yet hold season tickets to the Habs

Have pictures with Kovy, Huet, Lattendresse, Komi, and Koivu ... time to get pics with current players!!

Own a brick in the Centennial plaza

Grew up with a bunch of Boston and Leaf fans, quickly befriended the Boston fans to beat up on the Leaf fans together.

Name: Rick

Age Group: 25-35

Canadiens Fans since: Birth

Realized it at: 11 (lived in europe before that)

Residence: Mrs. Sauga - yea that's just outside Toronto

Teams I despise: Maple Laughs, Bruins

Fav Habs of my time: Roy, Chelios

Converted wife to habs fan: yes

Other fav teams: Avs, NJD

2009-2010 preview: Would like to see Price step up and have an amazing season followed by a great post-season run. Or ... step down and make way for someone who can handle the pressure.

Randomness: Fan enough to live in Ontario yet hold season tickets to the Habs

Have pictures with Kovy, Huet, Lattendresse, Komi, and Koivu ... time to get pics with current players!!

Own a brick in the Centennial plaza

Grew up with a bunch of Boston and Leaf fans, quickly befriended the Boston fans to beat up on the Leaf fans together.

For your viewing pleasure, some photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laranjas/coll...57603951331045/

Username: Ashikhabib

Birthdate: October 29th 1997

Hometown: Ajax, Ontario

Birth Place: Scarborough Grace Hospital in Scarborough, Ontario

Favorite Current Habs Player: Andrei Markov

Favorite All-Time Habs Player: Maurice "Rocket" Richard

Favorite NHL Player (Besides The Habs): Evgeni Malkin

Favorite All-Time NHL Player (Besides The Habs): Wayne Gretzky

Other Teams That I like: Detroit Red Wings, Vancouver Canucks and Carolina Hurricanes

I live in Indiana, was raised on the US east coast...been a Habs fan since my single digit days (I am 55 now), as my best friend's Dad played in their farm system...and this was in the "Original Six" days, so you had to be very good to even reach that level. He also played in Springfield for the Indiana for Eddie Shore.

I get to see the Habs once or twice a year live. Last year it was Columbus, Ohio. This year it will be in Nashville. I've scheduled business trips to cities to catch the Habs when I can (Carolina, Chicago). The problem is I live near NHL west cities, and since the scheduling change it's harder to catch them. St. Louis is another place near me to catch the Habs.

Thank goodness for NHL Center Ice and NHL Network.

Played hockey, made it to a "semi-pro" level (paid but not enough to live on so you have another job) coached several state championship teams, love the game.

Favorite players, all time, Yvan Cournoyer and Saku Koivu. Current, Plec.