The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Hello to everyone returning and new.

I thought I'd reintroduce myself, too:

Hello me, I'm me.

I live all the way over here. But used to live all the way over there.

All time favourite is La Fleur (who I grew up watching from an early age).

My previous current favourite is no longer on the team (my sig gives a small clue, but just add 1 to La Fleur's number if I've changed my sig for another clue). So I have to work out a new one. Still uncertain.

See you around in here.

:D

So... I'm here since april 08 but i started not so long ago to go on the anglophone side... so here I go :

Username: Lau K² will be ok LOL

Birthdate: October 20th

Hometown: Near Montreal

Birth Place: Same

Favorite Current Habs Player: Andrei Markov, Andrei Kostitsyn, Brian Gionta

Favorite All-Time Habs Player: Béliveau

Favorite NHL Player (Besides The Habs): Ovechkin or Kane or Lidstrom

Favorite All-Time NHL Player (Besides The Habs): i don't have one really :S

Other Teams That I like: Hawks, Caps, Canucks, Wings, Flames..

Hi My name is Maddie user maddienmike, Mike being my husband who introduced me to hockey, I was born in England in 1944 lived all over England and traveled all over Europe moved to Vancouver 7 years ago just moved to the sunshinecoast,Mike was born in Montreal always lived there untill 2002 when we got married and moved here he is a lifelong HABS fan I had never seen a game of hockey all I had ever seen was the bench clearing brawls on sports programs in the UK never liked football (soccer) but I love hockey now I know more about THE HABS and who's playing for who stats and everything else than Mike,I am not too interested in the history waste of time looking back just got to look forward, hockey is so fast so skilled but i must admit I do not like the fighting just can't see the point it really does not enhance the game in any way, just think of the goals that could be scored in that time any moron can throw a punch but it takes skill to score, anyway thats me GO HABS GO :D :D

Username: Ashikhabib

Birthdate: October 29th 1997

Hometown: Ajax, Ontario

Birth Place: Scarborough Grace Hospital in Scarborough, Ontario

Favorite Current Habs Player: Andrei Markov

Favorite All-Time Habs Player: Maurice "Rocket" Richard

Favorite NHL Player (Besides The Habs): Evgeni Malkin

Favorite All-Time NHL Player (Besides The Habs): Wayne Gretzky

Other Teams That I like: Detroit Red Wings, Vancouver Canucks and Carolina Hurricanes

Welcome aboard bud!

I like what I see, we recruited a young Hab fan from leafland.

It's not easy being a young Habs fan in leafland... Spent several years in TO, I was also an Expo's fans at the time. Which meant I was harassed during the winter months as well as the summer months.

Come to think of it, I was also a Concords fan (before they went back to being the Als), but we weren't doing that great (I kept that one a secret).

Hold your head up high!

If anyone harasses you, just remind em who was the last Canadian team to bring the cup back to Canada... That usually shuts them up pretty quick.

Hi My name is Maddie user maddienmike, Mike being my husband who introduced me to hockey, I was born in England in 1944 lived all over England and traveled all over Europe moved to Vancouver 7 years ago just moved to the sunshinecoast,Mike was born in Montreal always lived there untill 2002 when we got married and moved here he is a lifelong HABS fan I had never seen a game of hockey all I had ever seen was the bench clearing brawls on sports programs in the UK never liked football (soccer) but I love hockey now I know more about THE HABS and who's playing for who stats and everything else than Mike,I am not too interested in the history waste of time looking back just got to look forward, hockey is so fast so skilled but i must admit I do not like the fighting just can't see the point it really does not enhance the game in any way, just think of the goals that could be scored in that time any moron can throw a punch but it takes skill to score, anyway thats me GO HABS GO :D:D

Wow, now we're recruiting em from England!

Way to go Mike!

Welcome aboard Maddienmike!

Nikohab is my name and hab addiction is my game!

The leafs are getting what they deserve because Burky and his wrecking crew are trying to build the leafs around the 1975 bad street bullies of philadelphia. Every time I watch the leafs play they are abusive and charge the goalie which clearly resembles Burky's mark on the team . Too bad a good player like Kadri isn't with MTL where he would like to be. Oh! by the way I wonder what Komisarek is thinking now! I'm so glad that MTL didn't get stuck with his BIG FAT salary, many thanks to my HERO MR. BOB Gainey who is so often ridiculed by stupid MTL fans who haven't a clue how important Bob is to our organization.

Live: Albany, NY

Favourite Current Hab: Markov and Cammalleri

Favourite All time Hab: Saku Koivu

Thats the important stuff I guess (at least thats what was on the template I stole from someone). I've lived in upstate NY for most of my life so I've been surrounded by Montreal fans for years. I grew up watching Hockey Night in Canada on CBC and when I saw my first live game (Koivu's comeback) during an American History field trip I was hooked!

Hello to all Canadiens fans here!

I`ve been a Habs fan since 1968/69......40+ years,.....of my 45 yrs.

I`m a goalie,still play 3-4 times a week......should have been a Hab,.....I was 1000x better than Steve Penny.......but that`s water under the bridge.

Goaltending is my speciality,.....so you can bet I will be voicing my opinion on the Canadiens goalies.

(For now I will just say the team is fine at the goaltender position,......Price is very good,as is Halak......but Price should be considered the #1,despite his current record.That being said,that doesn`t mean that he should be getting all the starts at the moment.......some competition is good,and Halak is playing well enough to be getting playing time,Price is actually playing very well most of the time,but some bad luck goals have hurt the team and him,and he isn`t getting any scoring out of the team when he`s playing.......It`s not really a bad situation,it just is what it is,some patience is required,the goalies aren`t the problem.....Now, if some self serving agent doesn`t try to throw a wrench into the works there`s really not much to worry about.........more on goaltending later)

While I`m not happy with where the team is at,right now,.......I`m not going to panic.

There are issues to deal with,goaltending not really being one of them.........defence and scoring are the big ones.

Name: Jonathan

Hometown: Saint John N.B

Favorite players: Carey Price!!!, Bryan Gionta.

Was born a habs fan, new to the forum looking forward to talking hockey with all you habs fans.

GO HABS GO!

Welcome to the fan forum.....another habs maritimer...were neighbours,lol.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

what's up everyone, My name's Matt and reside in Binghamton, NY. I haven't really been a full fledged hockey fan until recently, but when I sat down and decided which team I was going to root for, the Habs were the ones that interested me the most with their history. I was actually wondering if anyone can sudgest any good reads to catch up on the team and it's histoy. Thanks and an advanced nice metting ya.

• 1 month later...

Greetings all :-) So...

Name: Jim

Hometown: Bronx, New York

Favorite players: probably the old Devils; Bryan Gionta, and Scott Gomez. Price is great though, and I have a '25' Lemaire jersey I wear to the odd Devils game here in Jersey LOL

I wasn't always a Habs fan, I was an Islanders fan as a teen until they traded John Tonelli, and I lost it :) Been a fan of the Devils and the Habs since.

GO HABS GO!

jim