The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

i'm Norm, from Niagara Falls Ont. been a fan since i was a kid. my grandpa's cousin was Billy Coutu who captained the team in 1925-1926 & won a cup in 1923-1924.

back in March of this yr i proposed to my girlfriend outside of the Bell Centre right in front of the Rocket statue. what a moment that was!!!

Go Habs Go!! you can do it guys

Just noticed this thread so figured I'd say something even if I've already made a bunch of posts...

I was raised a Habs fan from birth - my dad liked the Canadiens even before he escaped from Commieland in 1975, got to Canada in time for the 1976-77 season. So that's the environment I grew up in, hockey = Habs; the Canucks just a way to go and see the Habs play locally - though I never have seen them in person yet. :( I'll admit it, my act of teenage rebellion was to become a Nords fan just to spite my dad, but when they left my heart went back to the Habs (if it ever *really* left).

And now I'm here! :)

back in March of this yr i proposed to my girlfriend outside of the Bell Centre right in front of the Rocket statue. what a moment that was!!!

I hoping/assuming she said yes. :lol: .....seriously,cherished moment forever....all the best to both of you.........and welcome to the forum.

Just noticed this thread so figured I'd say something even if I've already made a bunch of posts...

Welcome also Zenya. :D

Hey there! I am glad to have joined you guys here on the forum. I know that my name is bigoilersfan7 but I really love Canadian hockey and I respect all Canadian teams especially the HABS who I think have a great shot for the Cup this year. :D GO HABS GO!!!! PS:you guys can call me Matt.....Thanks

Hey there! I am glad to have joined you guys here on the forum. I know that my name is bigoilersfan7 but I really love Canadian hockey and I respect all Canadian teams especially the HABS who I think have a great shot for the Cup this year. :D GO HABS GO!!!! PS:you guys can call me Matt.....Thanks

Well hello matt...and welcome to the habs fan forum.....we rock here. :lol::D

You can call me FH....Were glad to have you aboard....feel free to surf the many threads/posts here,interested in reading your views & comments.

Enjoy.

Well hello matt...and welcome to the habs fan forum.....we rock here. :lol::D

You can call me FH....Were glad to have you aboard....feel free to surf the many threads/posts here,interested in reading your views & comments.

Enjoy.

doing a pretty good job welcoming new members FH thanks :)

Do you serve refreshments? :lol:

--------------------

And welcome to all Habs fans who recently joined us

I was raised a Habs fan from birth - my dad liked the Canadiens even before he escaped from Commieland in 1975, got to Canada in time for the 1976-77 season. So that's the environment I grew up in, hockey = Habs; the Canucks just a way to go and see the Habs play locally - though I never have seen them in person yet. :( I'll admit it, my act of teenage rebellion was to become a Nords fan just to spite my dad, but when they left my heart went back to the Habs (if it ever *really* left).

Welcome Zenya. Please reduce your signature file to 450 x 150 pixels and 75 Kb maximum. Thanks.

Hello all, and nice to finally meet you. I have to admit I've been lurking awhile now, and quite enjoyed your discussions and insight, but selfishly did not decide to participate. I'm not really sure why, and I have no good excuse. That said, I hope to participate more in the conversations regarding the best team in the NHL.

When I was a child, my father took me to games at the old Forum, where I fell in love with Larry Robinson. I've been a Habs fan ever since, as has my whole family. Rooting for any other team is considered blasphemy in this house, and is punishable by silent disdain and prolonged condescension, along with grave concern for the deluded party's mental well-being.

That said, hi all! I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where I have unfortunately had Sid the Kid rammed down my throat since he was coming up through the QMJHL. While I admit he is a truly talented player, with a skill set that is pretty much second to none, I dislike being force fed, so I cannot like him, unlike 99% of the rest of the province.

That said, I do love my underdogs, so I suppose long time family affiliation or not, the Habs are therefore the perfect team for me.

Go Habs Go!

Hello all, and nice to finally meet you. I have to admit I've been lurking awhile now, and quite enjoyed your discussions and insight, but selfishly did not decide to participate. I'm not really sure why, and I have no good excuse. That said, I hope to participate more in the conversations regarding the best team in the NHL.

When I was a child, my father took me to games at the old Forum, where I fell in love with Larry Robinson. I've been a Habs fan ever since, as has my whole family. Rooting for any other team is considered blasphemy in this house, and is punishable by silent disdain and prolonged condescension, along with grave concern for the deluded party's mental well-being.

That said, hi all! I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where I have unfortunately had Sid the Kid rammed down my throat since he was coming up through the QMJHL. While I admit he is a truly talented player, with a skill set that is pretty much second to none, I dislike being force fed, so I cannot like him, unlike 99% of the rest of the province.

That said, I do love my underdogs, so I suppose long time family affiliation or not, the Habs are therefore the perfect team for me.

Go Habs Go!

Congrats on your first post!

I am from Philadelphia, Flyers Country, but I love the Habs also.

I cant believe how prejudiced the league is against the Habs.

The Penguins have been awarded more power plays than the Habs in each and every game in the series.

Three in the critical third period of the other nights game.

Last year, at the end of the second round of the playoffs, the Penguins had 33% more power plays than the average NHL team.

This is absolutely ludicrous.Apetition should be started to remove the NHL Commissioner.

Sincerely,

Guiseppe(Joe)

I am from Philadelphia, Flyers Country, but I love the Habs also.

I cant believe how prejudiced the league is against the Habs.

The Penguins have been awarded more power plays than the Habs in each and every game in the series.

Three in the critical third period of the other nights game.

Last year, at the end of the second round of the playoffs, the Penguins had 33% more power plays than the average NHL team.

This is absolutely ludicrous.Apetition should be started to remove the NHL Commissioner.

Sincerely,

Guiseppe(Joe)

Welcome to you too!

Username: RocketGirlno9

Live: NB, Canada

Favourite Current Hab: Cammalleri, LaPierre, Halak

Favourite All time Hab: Of course I'd have to choose The Rocket..but LaFleur is right up there too!

So hello fellow Habs fans! I read some of the other intro posts and must add that I, too, am NOT a 'puckbunny'...I've just always been a fan. My uncle used to make the journey to Montreal to watch games regularly and brought me a jersey when I was a teenager....which I'm proud to say I've now had autographed by 12 players. It's one of my prized possessions. My husband is a Crosby fan....so needless to say....the current series is creating quite a rivalry right under my own roof!! :lol:

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.....and hopefully I'll enjoy reading your posts as the days go on...Go Habs, Go!!

Username: RocketGirlno9

Live: NB, Canada

Favourite Current Hab: Cammalleri, LaPierre, Halak

Favourite All time Hab: Of course I'd have to choose The Rocket..but LaFleur is right up there too!

So hello fellow Habs fans! I read some of the other intro posts and must add that I, too, am NOT a 'puckbunny'...I've just always been a fan. My uncle used to make the journey to Montreal to watch games regularly and brought me a jersey when I was a teenager....which I'm proud to say I've now had autographed by 12 players. It's one of my prized possessions. My husband is a Crosby fan....so needless to say....the current series is creating quite a rivalry right under my own roof!! :lol:

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.....and hopefully I'll enjoy reading your posts as the days go on...Go Habs, Go!!

Well hello to you too & congrats on you're first post!

My husband is a Crosby fan....

DIVORCE!

Nah, only kidding! ;)

When it comes to Team Canada I can even understand your husband.

I used to like Cindy aswell, but yesterday I finally spotted what so many people are saying about him, that he's a whiner! Have you seen how many times he complained to the refs? :blink:

Anyway, welcome Tracey! :D

Hi everyone!

I'm a new Habs fan. I arrived to Montreal on January 2009 and, although at first I used to cheered up for the Leafs (I lived close to Toronto for 1.5 years when I first moved to Canada), the Habs started to grow on me little by little. I finally gave in: IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO LOVE THE HABS. How can one not love a team who leaves heart and soul in the ice field? How not to love the chemistry they have with their followers?

I'm originally from Mexico, where hockey is virtually unexistent, so I'm relatively new in the game and I don't have the insights of all-life hockey followers, but I really enjoy the game and I'm wishing with all my heart that the Habs move to the conference final today!!

I hope I'll have the chance to talk with other Habs fans in this forum :)

Some info about myself:

Currently living in: Montreal

Favorite Habs player: Mike Cammalleri.

GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm a new Habs fan. I arrived to Montreal on January 2009 and, although at first I used to cheered up for the Leafs (I lived close to Toronto for 1.5 years when I first moved to Canada), the Habs started to grow on me little by little. I finally gave in: IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO LOVE THE HABS. How can one not love a team who leaves heart and soul in the ice field? How not to love the chemistry they have with their followers?

I'm originally from Mexico, where hockey is virtually unexistent, so I'm relatively new in the game and I don't have the insights of all-life hockey followers, but I really enjoy the game and I'm wishing with all my heart that the Habs move to the conference final today!!

I hope I'll have the chance to talk with other Habs fans in this forum :)

Some info about myself:

Currently living in: Montreal

:

Favorite Habs player: Mike Cammalleri.

GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!!

Hello, welcome to the forum & congrat's on you're first post. I dunno about that cheering for the Leafs though. :blink: LOL

Hello, welcome to the forum & congrat's on you're first post. I dunno about that cheering for the Leafs though. :blink: LOL

The important thing is not avoiding mistake, it's rather acknowledge them and correct them :lol:

Welcome aboard Merlina :)

Guest RatKing

Oi! I'm the Rat King, out of Medicine Hat, Alberta! Originally from the very Northeastern-most bit of Ontario, I moved out here following the jobs about five years ago. I have to tell you, being in the same province as the Flames and the Oilers is very sad, but you'd be surprised just how many Habs flags you see zipping about on cars.

My true name is Joe, I work a dead-end job now thanks to the recession killing my hopes at work in the sheet metal industry, and above all other positions I love Goalies.

Neurotic, acrobatic and intense - your heart will never beat so hard as when you watch your favourite 'tender standing on his head to shut down the enemy!

Favourite player of all time: JACQUES PLANTE!

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

I've to say that I'm delighted for the Habs passing to the conference final!!

Yesterday was one of my best days in Montreal. Our boys played superbly, they were just awesome!!! Now the Stanley Cup doesn't look like a distant dream, but a tangible reality :)

I love the HABS!!!