The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

• 4 weeks later...

Well since I already posted a few things here, guess I should make a real introduction.

Im sure you can tell that I am a Habs fan. I've always liked the Canadiens, I got my first jersey in the 08 Playoffs (when Saku and all them were around) but it was only this past season where they really elevated me into a hardcore fan (guess these playoffs had some magic!).

Cammalleri & Gionta are probably my two favorite players. They give short guys (like me!) hope! I was heart broken when Halak was traded away, but we have Price, and it's all good and i still have the faith.

I am also from Montreal which is even better :D

All time players: Saku Koivu, Kirk Muller, Patrick Roy

as a side note: I am 22, currently at Vanier College studying Architectural Technology and working part time.

hope to keep around here for a long time.

Well since I already posted a few things here, guess I should make a real introduction.

Im sure you can tell that I am a Habs fan. I've always liked the Canadiens, I got my first jersey in the 08 Playoffs (when Saku and all them were around) but it was only this past season where they really elevated me into a hardcore fan (guess these playoffs had some magic!).

Cammalleri & Gionta are probably my two favorite players. They give short guys (like me!) hope! I was heart broken when Halak was traded away, but we have Price, and it's all good and i still have the faith.

I am also from Montreal which is even better :D

All time players: Saku Koivu, Kirk Muller, Patrick Roy

as a side note: I am 22, currently at Vanier College studying Architectural Technology and working part time.

hope to keep around here for a long time.

Welcome to the forum! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hellol Everyone!

I posted a few comments last season but didn't realize at the time that there was an actual thread for introductions.

I too have been a long time Habs fan (since 3 or 4 years old) however while in university I drifted away. Over the past few years my passion has grown again and now I'm jonesin' for the start of the coming season.

I'm a P.E. teacher in Newfoundland after 10 years of university and teaching around the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. I am married and can proudly say that I've converted my wife to become a fan of the Habs (Pleky continues to be my wingman on that one - or maybe I'm his wingman, who knows? :lol:) My username is my own creation as a russian play on my last name for NHL '05 - Greg Jackman became Gregolai Jackanov.

My favourite all-time Habs throughout the years are Mats Naslund, Patrick Roy, Saku Koivu, and now I THINK it's Michael Cammalleri. Though these guys have been favourites I have great appreciation for some of the quieter contributors (Carbo, Russ Courtnall, Brian Skrudland, Roman Hamrlik, along with many others). However there's always someone I'm not so fussy about (Chris Chelios, Stephane Richer, Jose Theodore, Mike Ribeiro, Scott Gomez).

I've been fortunate to see a few games now and each time I'm in Montreal or any other city I love the comraderie that comes from having the CH on my chest! Like everyone I'm hoping for the 25th cup but any competitive year is a wonderful use of time and energy! Hopefully I'll chat with some of you soon!

GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO

Hellol Everyone!

I posted a few comments last season but didn't realize at the time that there was an actual thread for introductions.

I too have been a long time Habs fan (since 3 or 4 years old) however while in university I drifted away. Over the past few years my passion has grown again and now I'm jonesin' for the start of the coming season.

I'm a P.E. teacher in Newfoundland after 10 years of university and teaching around the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. I am married and can proudly say that I've converted my wife to become a fan of the Habs (Pleky continues to be my wingman on that one - or maybe I'm his wingman, who knows? :lol:) My username is my own creation as a russian play on my last name for NHL '05 - Greg Jackman became Gregolai Jackanov.

My favourite all-time Habs throughout the years are Mats Naslund, Patrick Roy, Saku Koivu, and now I THINK it's Michael Cammalleri. Though these guys have been favourites I have great appreciation for some of the quieter contributors (Carbo, Russ Courtnall, Brian Skrudland, Roman Hamrlik, along with many others). However there's always someone I'm not so fussy about (Chris Chelios, Stephane Richer, Jose Theodore, Mike Ribeiro, Scott Gomez).

I've been fortunate to see a few games now and each time I'm in Montreal or any other city I love the comraderie that comes from having the CH on my chest! Like everyone I'm hoping for the 25th cup but any competitive year is a wonderful use of time and energy! Hopefully I'll chat with some of you soon!

GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO

Hello right back at you! :) Welcome.

Hi everyone, I was born in Plattsburgh, NY but lived my whole life in Montreal (Chateuagay, Lachine, Dorval), grew up watching the likes of Maurice, Jean, Patrick, Bob, Kirk, et al - we were truly spoiled. Now looking forward to the new generation with Camalleri, Gionta, Suban, Price to lead the way.

Favourite All Time Hab: Larry Robinson

Favourite Current Hab: P.K. Subban

Home: Brampton, Ontario - I know, hard to be a habs fan here, take a lot of ribbing but always get the last laugh

Prediction: Carey is ready and will shine

Go Habs Go!

Hi everyone, I was born in Plattsburgh, NY but lived my whole life in Montreal (Chateuagay, Lachine, Dorval), grew up watching the likes of Maurice, Jean, Patrick, Bob, Kirk, et al - we were truly spoiled. Now looking forward to the new generation with Camalleri, Gionta, Suban, Price to lead the way.

Home: Brampton, Ontario - I know, hard to be a habs fan here, take a lot of ribbing but always get the last laugh

Go Habs Go!

welcome:)

Go Habs Go!

Welcome!

Thanks fellas.......The excitement is truly mounting every day......just three more sleeps till Christmas, er I mean the first pre-season game!!!

Exactly! :D

Go Habs Go!

Welcome to you as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, long time lurker, first time poster.

favourite all-time : Lafleur

current favourite : Subban

I don't think last year's run was a fluke and am gaining confidence in Price. I'd like to a bit more aggression when holding a lead, and maybe during the 2nd period too.

cheers

Hi folks, long time lurker, first time poster.

favourite all-time : Lafleur

current favourite : Subban

I don't think last year's run was a fluke and am gaining confidence in Price. I'd like to a bit more aggression when holding a lead, and maybe during the 2nd period too.

cheers

Well welcome long time lurker! :D Good to see you signed up!

Guest habs1952
Have cheered MTL for 50 years... lol.. I am having problems getting the videos to play on the habs forums.. i use internet explorer (the top one) and have windows 7... it's frustrating not getting the videos to play.. any thoughts??

thanks,

r. delyea

Welcome RD. I'm no expert but I would try using Firefox as my browser.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Branden

Hometown: Sudbury, Ontario.

It's great to be a part of this forum. :)

Living here in Sudbury, In my 18 years, I've seen the likes of Benoit Pouliot, Nick Foligno and Marc Staal spend their junior careers here.

Pouliot was quite the player. Hitting, Fighting, Goal scoring, a complete player.

we had a respectable team back when Pouliot, Staal and Foligno were playing together now, we have a terrible team! haha.

I can tell you all one thing: Jared Staal, the youngest of the Staal Brothers, will NOT make it into the NHL.

Living here in Sudbury, In my 18 years, I've seen the likes of Benoit Pouliot, Nick Foligno and Marc Staal spend their junior careers here.

Pouliot was quite the player. Hitting, Fighting, Goal scoring, a complete player.

we had a respectable team back when Pouliot, Staal and Foligno were playing together now, we have a terrible team! haha.

I can tell you all one thing: Jared Staal, the youngest of the Staal Brothers, will NOT make it into the NHL.

Welcome Brandon to the newly up-to-date refurbished habs fan forum...glad to have you aboard. :D

Welcome to the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I live in an evil place called Edmonton and the hockey here really sucks however the Oilers seem to find a way to beat the Habs when they come to town while I watch in Rexall Place and cry. I was born and raised in Montreal and sorely miss the great food and the hockey city that it is. I've been reading the boards off and on for a few years now and maybe will become an active member. The guys seem to be a good bunch and pretty open minded and respectful.

Yes I am a Habsoholic!

Hi!

I live in an evil place called Edmonton and the hockey here really sucks however the Oilers seem to find a way to beat the Habs when they come to town while I watch in Rexall Place and cry. I was born and raised in Montreal and sorely miss the great food and the hockey city that it is. I've been reading the boards off and on for a few years now and maybe will become an active member. The guys seem to be a good bunch and pretty open minded and respectful.

Yes I am a Habsoholic!

Welcome to the Forum great to have you here. hope you get used to it quick :P