The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Hi everyone ive been reading these forums for awhile now and decided to join. Im 21 born and live in the most beatiful city in the world (Montreal of course) my mom is french canadien and my dads irish so i speak both lauguages fluently since i noticed the french board is allot less active i will be posting with you guys hope to have some very good debates on our glorious habs ;)

Hi everyone ive been reading these forums for awhile now and decided to join. Im 21 born and live in the most beatiful city in the world (Montreal of course) my mom is french canadien and my dads irish so i speak both lauguages fluently since i noticed the french board is allot less active i will be posting with you guys hope to have some very good debates on our glorious habs ;)

Glad you decided to join our clan...great to have ya aboard David.:D

Sup yall,

Well, I'll start off by saying that I root for the Carolina Hurricanes. I'm Carolina born and bred but I do have alot of respect for yall's team and long history. One of my good friends is Canadian and he is a Habs man. Anyway, I hope we can creep into the top 8 spots there for the playoffs and hopefully see each other. Take care.

Sup yall,

Well, I'll start off by saying that I root for the Carolina Hurricanes. I'm Carolina born and bred but I do have alot of respect for yall's team and long history. One of my good friends is Canadian and he is a Habs man. Anyway, I hope we can creep into the top 8 spots there for the playoffs and hopefully see each other. Take care.

Well hey Jake...nice to have you aboard...welcome to our Habs Forum.:D

Well hey Jake...nice to have you aboard...welcome to our Habs Forum.:D

Thank ya. I wasn't sure how it would come across me being here. I read in some other NHL forums were it seems that some hardcore hockey fans have disdain for newbies to the game and I reckon fans of newer franchises. But thank you for being welcoming.

Thank ya. I wasn't sure how it would come across me being here. I read in some other NHL forums were it seems that some hardcore hockey fans have disdain for newbies to the game and I reckon fans of newer franchises. But thank you for being welcoming.

I don't know about the other teams' forums, but that's not how we roll here. The Habs welcome you with open arms :lol:

P.S. What part of the Carolinas? I've lived in Charleston for 10 years myself.

I don't know about the other teams' forums, but that's not how we roll here. The Habs welcome you with open arms :lol:

P.S. What part of the Carolinas? I've lived in Charleston for 10 years myself.

I live in Eastern North Carolina in a little town called New Bern. About 25 minutes from the beach :)

I live in Eastern North Carolina in a little town called New Bern. About 25 minutes from the beach :)

Would that be Virginia Beach??

Travelled through NC many times on my way to Myrtle Beach with the family many years back. Need to get out that way again some day. ;)

Feel free to post on both sides... We have a few members who like to play both sides.

They could probably use you as well.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey Habs fans, introduce yourselves here. Welcome to the new improved Canadiens Forums !

After watching every game in the first half of the season I believe we have enough speed & skill to play with anybody when it comes to a speed & skill game. But to get thru the EAST we need to add some size & toughness. We need to add a tough D-man & a top 6 power forward along with a real heavyweight to play when needed like when playing Philly. To add toughness on D without lossing any skill go after Ed Jovanovski & offer Spacek & Tom Pyatt if that won't get him then offer to add Ben Maxwell as Phoenix needs some help at centre but if we add him to the package we ask for Alexandre Picard to replace Maxwell in Hamilton. Rumour has it Phoenix wants to unload him. Then go after a big winger to play with Plekanec & Cammy. My choose would be R.J Umberger for Andre Kostistyn & a pick if needed. Then go after Steve MacIntyre from Edmonton for a draft pick. If these deals could me made we would look like this UP FRONT- Plekanec, Cammy & Umberger - Gomez, Pacioretty & Gionta- Desharnais, Pouliot & Darche- Halpern, Moen & Eller with MacIntyre as our extra forward. On D- Hamrlik & Wisniewski, Jovanovski & Weber, Gill & Subban extra Picard. These are my thoughts on who could me had & would make us allot better for the second half as there's no way we get out of the EAST without getting tougher. Does anybody else have any ideas for second half additions to strenghen the line up. Salary cap we take in 6 mill for Jovanoski & 4 mill for Umberger & 1/2 mill for MacIntyre total 10.5. We move 3.8 in Spacek & 3.2 in Kostitsyn & 1/2 mill for Pyatt so we take on 3 mil. with 1/2 the season gone & Markov & Gorges out for the season we should be able to take on that cap hit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Would that be Virginia Beach??

Travelled through NC many times on my way to Myrtle Beach with the family many years back. Need to get out that way again some day. ;)

Not Quite but Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle are close to where I'm at.

Counting the signs for South of the Border on I-95 to keep the kids busy? B)

South of the Border :lol: Man, I haven't been by one of those in a while.

After watching every game in the first half of the season I believe we have enough speed & skill to play with anybody when it comes to a speed & skill game. But to get thru the EAST we need to add some size & toughness. We need to add a tough D-man & a top 6 power forward along with a real heavyweight to play when needed like when playing Philly. To add toughness on D without lossing any skill go after Ed Jovanovski & offer Spacek & Tom Pyatt if that won't get him then offer to add Ben Maxwell as Phoenix needs some help at centre but if we add him to the package we ask for Alexandre Picard to replace Maxwell in Hamilton. Rumour has it Phoenix wants to unload him. Then go after a big winger to play with Plekanec & Cammy. My choose would be R.J Umberger for Andre Kostistyn & a pick if needed. Then go after Steve MacIntyre from Edmonton for a draft pick. If these deals could me made we would look like this UP FRONT- Plekanec, Cammy & Umberger - Gomez, Pacioretty & Gionta- Desharnais, Pouliot & Darche- Halpern, Moen & Eller with MacIntyre as our extra forward. On D- Hamrlik & Wisniewski, Jovanovski & Weber, Gill & Subban extra Picard. These are my thoughts on who could me had & would make us allot better for the second half as there's no way we get out of the EAST without getting tougher. Does anybody else have any ideas for second half additions to strenghen the line up. Salary cap we take in 6 mill for Jovanoski & 4 mill for Umberger & 1/2 mill for MacIntyre total 10.5. We move 3.8 in Spacek & 3.2 in Kostitsyn & 1/2 mill for Pyatt so we take on 3 mil. with 1/2 the season gone & Markov & Gorges out for the season we should be able to take on that cap hit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

A lot of good points in your post.

Take a look around the forum, there are plenty of threads where you can discuss what's been written above.

And before I forget... Welcome to the forum!

Counting the signs for South of the Border on I-95 to keep the kids busy? B)

:lol: One of those every 20 feet. :lol::lol: Is that place still in business??? I would think they went bankrupt trying to maintain all those signs. We actually took the bait once and went to see that tourist trap. :P

Hi...I'm FH10...and I'm a Habsaholic....and damm proud of it.B)

I grew up not incredibly far from you, in Manteo :). I'm out in the western part of the state now, where it's supposed to snow and close everything again on Friday!