The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Weep and I have been to hell and back on this forum. I'd ban myself before banning him.

Kidding as I was.:lol:.....you two are tops on this forum....for sure.

Weep and I have been to hell and back on this forum.

and I certainly hope I don't venture there.:lol:

Awww I see you 2 are having a moment :P kinda like price and subban

:lol:

My name is Denis, I'm fairly active in the online hockeyverse, most notably on twitter (imisssaku). I was always team Carey (Halak was cool too), we should have never let Koivu (aka. A perfect human being) walk, I think signing Gorges/Wiz are way bigger priorities than signing Markov aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my stance on the Chara/Pacioretty hit is that I don't think he intentionally put him into the stanchion, but was attempting to rub him out into the bench... and ran out of bench. Which is still a dirty play that resulted in an injury. The NHL dropped the ball and should feel bad.

'bout sums me up.

Friendly welcome to you Denis77...nice to have you aboard ,and I for one totally agree with you by the way on your Koivu comment.

My name is Denis, I'm fairly active in the online hockeyverse, most notably on twitter (imisssaku). I was always team Carey (Halak was cool too), we should have never let Koivu (aka. A perfect human being) walk, I think signing Gorges/Wiz are way bigger priorities than signing Markov aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my stance on the Chara/Pacioretty hit is that I don't think he intentionally put him into the stanchion, but was attempting to rub him out into the bench... and ran out of bench. Which is still a dirty play that resulted in an injury. The NHL dropped the ball and should feel bad.

'bout sums me up.

Welcome to the forum, I agree that Carey was always the best but Halak was pretty cool himself...look forward to seeing you post :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Everyone call's me Viktor! Actually had an account before when I was younger but doesn't seem to have saved or something haha. I'm in UNi now studying commerce and am a Huge Habs fan, my favorite player Saku Koivu! The Main reason i'm here is well I kind of have a passion for commentating and it's something practice quite a bit and just wondering if there's any videos or links you guys know where I can find Canadiens games with just the arena sound. I actually just started a youtube channel also with some I found just recently as of yesterday. It's me commentating the Canada games at the olympics... you acn listen in if you want just follow the description to view the visuals alongside it haha. I make a ton of mistakes but it's something I do as pastime but would really like to know what knowledgeable hockey fans think!

Anyway's here the link to one of them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgijL1LsmPc&feature=channel_video_title

I'll comment on many other things as well and hopefully we in Habs nation can pull for our boys even in these tough times because I know we'll come out strong!!! Okayyy guys, take care! And let me know if you know of any links! Thanks alot!!!

Hey everyone. Everyone call's me Viktor! Actually had an account before when I was younger but doesn't seem to have saved or something haha. I'm in UNi now studying commerce and am a Huge Habs fan, my favorite player Saku Koivu! The Main reason i'm here is well I kind of have a passion for commentating and it's something practice quite a bit and just wondering if there's any videos or links you guys know where I can find Canadiens games with just the arena sound. I actually just started a youtube channel also with some I found just recently as of yesterday. It's me commentating the Canada games at the olympics... you acn listen in if you want just follow the description to view the visuals alongside it haha. I make a ton of mistakes but it's something I do as pastime but would really like to know what knowledgeable hockey fans think!

Anyway's here the link to one of them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgijL1LsmPc&feature=channel_video_title

I'll comment on many other things as well and hopefully we in Habs nation can pull for our boys even in these tough times because I know we'll come out strong!!! Okayyy guys, take care! And let me know if you know of any links! Thanks alot!!!

Welcome! and sorry I don't have any links, but great job on your Canada video

My name is Ben Labelle. Born & raised in Montreal, then moved to the States when I was 11 or so. I'm 34 and have been a Habs fan about as long as I can remember. My mother told me a few weeks ago that apparantly, one of my first words as a child was "maudite!" as a result of watching games on tv with my dad! Anyway, I joined the Air Force back in '91 and haven't been stationed anywhere reasonably close to an NHL city until now; Atlanta and Tampa Bay are 6-8 hour drives away and I finally get to go to my first Habs game in Atlanta next week. I'm going to try and see a game at the Bell Centre sometime in 07-08.My fave all-time Habs are probably The Rocket, Guy Lafleur, and Jean Beliveau. As far as the current roster goes, I can't really pick a favorite this season. They are all doing very, very well. Sheldon Souray, Guillaume Latendresse, and Chris Higgins are impressing me a lot.Like kiwihab mentioned earlier, the only way I can "watch" the Habs is in my mind with CJAD internet radio. The cable TV down here in Mississippi stinks. Versus network or NHL Center Ice are not available. Sometimes they'll replay Montreal vs. Carolina matches on FSN, but they are few and far between. Otherwise I gotta wait til the Finals, which I am really, really, really hoping for, especially since I just got a 50" tv!I don't really have a Canadiens "shrine," but when I buy a house in a few years, it will have a basement. I told my wife "you can do what you want with the rest of the house. Pink wallpaper if you want, I don't care, but the basement is mine! ...which will have a bar decked out in bleu, blanc et rouge. I will have Molson and Labatt on tap, and no Habs fan will be turned away!

Been gone from the forum a while (dang, that post was 4 years ago!!!) so figured I'd re-introduce myself. Had to re-do my screen name anyway...

Never got to the Bell yet, but it's still in my plans, hopefully in 2011-12. I'm in Iraq right now, but will be back to the States in about a month, to a home with all the HDTV Habs coverage I can buy!

Been gone from the forum a while (dang, that post was 4 years ago!!!) so figured I'd re-introduce myself. Had to re-do my screen name anyway...

Never got to the Bell yet, but it's still in my plans, hopefully in 2011-12. I'm in Iraq right now, but will be back to the States in about a month, to a home with all the HDTV Habs coverage I can buy!

Well its good to have you back on the board...take care in Iraq...get home safe...catch ya later back here...FH10.

Hi all.

I have been an NHL fan for as long as I can remember, but only in the last few years have I fell in love with the Habs. (Could only watch the limited coverage UK TV gave me, hence not being able to form an alliegance) However now I subscribe to ESPN CentreIce Online giving me every NHL game so can watch every Montreal live or ondemand.

I am from Glasgow Scotland, and my friends are sick to death of me talking about "The Habs" constantly, so thought I would join a forum to save them.

I have just booked flights to Canada for Oct/Nov of this year, in order to take in at least one game at the Bell Centre (and I am hoping the fixture list is kind to me, and throws up an away fixture at Ottawa or Toronto in that time period) (If you see someone in a Black Kilt, and Habs top in the period come say Hi, as its me lol)

If anyone wishes to add me on Twitter its ThePhenomenalTM on there also.

ps, i'm not some cocky Scotsman lol The name is the name I used on a Wrestling forum (Being a fan of the Phenomenal AJ Styles, so just use it for everything these days lol.

Well its sure nice to have you with us here ThePhenomenal TM...:D

Well, how I should start... xD I'm Spanish, so I hope my posts will be understandable, more or less. Please excuse me if I do some mistakes, ok? n-nU

I started being a fan of hockey when I was a child, in the 16-bit videogame era, when I played it in my Genesis. Sadly, here in Spain there's no hockey fanbase at all, and it's impossible to watch hockey games on TV neither (we Spanish like football -soccer, you know-, basketball and other sports like F1, tennis and handball), so there's a 15-year or so gap of no hockey for me until this day.

A friend of mine went to Montréal to study, and told me about how you Canadians enjoy this sport, so then I started watching videos on the NHL site, going to Wikipedia to learn about the rules and playing NHL 11 in my PS3. I suppose it's a very silly reason to start liking the game, but at least I play as the Montréal Canadiens, hehe... and boy, I just love this game, so I entered your forums to continue learning about this.

Probably now I will start reading a ton of posts to learn about the game instead of writing, but I will make my own posts talking about the matches in the near future, I promise. xD

See you, and go Canadiens!

Guest habs1952

Well, how I should start... xD I'm Spanish, so I hope my posts will be understandable, more or less. Please excuse me if I do some mistakes, ok? n-nU

I started being a fan of hockey when I was a child, in the 16-bit videogame era, when I played it in my Genesis. Sadly, here in Spain there's no hockey fanbase at all, and it's impossible to watch hockey games on TV neither (we Spanish like football -soccer, you know-, basketball and other sports like F1, tennis and handball), so there's a 15-year or so gap of no hockey for me until this day.

A friend of mine went to Montréal to study, and told me about how you Canadians enjoy this sport, so then I started watching videos on the NHL site, going to Wikipedia to learn about the rules and playing NHL 11 in my PS3. I suppose it's a very silly reason to start liking the game, but at least I play as the Montréal Canadiens, hehe... and boy, I just love this game, so I entered your forums to continue learning about this.

Probably now I will start reading a ton of posts to learn about the game instead of writing, but I will make my own posts talking about the matches in the near future, I promise. xD

Welcome aboard Sonic.

Very nice introduction there :D....excited to have another habs fan on board.....thank you for selecting the greatest all-time NHL hockey franchise Le Canadiens to be your team.

Looking forward to your future posts.:)