The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Howdy! I live outside Philly, but I'm more of a country girl! My family owns land in Montana where we raise cattle. I LOVE the Montreal Canadiens, but I'm a pretty new fan. I guess I was hooked when I saw a Habs game, and carey price was wearing a mask with a bucking bull on it! I love PBR bucking bulls(almost as much as hockey) if you have never seen it I highly recommend catching an event on t.v or even better live! There are not a whole lot of canadiens fans in Philly, and defiantly none in Montana, so I hope to to have some real fans to talk to! :D

Hi all.

I have been an NHL fan for as long as I can remember, but only in the last few years have I fell in love with the Habs. (Could only watch the limited coverage UK TV gave me, hence not being able to form an alliegance) However now I subscribe to ESPN CentreIce Online giving me every NHL game so can watch every Montreal live or ondemand.

I am from Glasgow Scotland, and my friends are sick to death of me talking about "The Habs" constantly, so thought I would join a forum to save them.

I have just booked flights to Canada for Oct/Nov of this year, in order to take in at least one game at the Bell Centre (and I am hoping the fixture list is kind to me, and throws up an away fixture at Ottawa or Toronto in that time period) (If you see someone in a Black Kilt, and Habs top in the period come say Hi, as its me lol)

If anyone wishes to add me on Twitter its ThePhenomenalTM on there also.

ps, i'm not some cocky Scotsman lol The name is the name I used on a Wrestling forum (Being a fan of the Phenomenal AJ Styles, so just use it for everything these days lol.

Well, how I should start... xD I'm Spanish, so I hope my posts will be understandable, more or less. Please excuse me if I do some mistakes, ok? n-nU

I started being a fan of hockey when I was a child, in the 16-bit videogame era, when I played it in my Genesis. Sadly, here in Spain there's no hockey fanbase at all, and it's impossible to watch hockey games on TV neither (we Spanish like football -soccer, you know-, basketball and other sports like F1, tennis and handball), so there's a 15-year or so gap of no hockey for me until this day.

A friend of mine went to Montréal to study, and told me about how you Canadians enjoy this sport, so then I started watching videos on the NHL site, going to Wikipedia to learn about the rules and playing NHL 11 in my PS3. I suppose it's a very silly reason to start liking the game, but at least I play as the Montréal Canadiens, hehe... and boy, I just love this game, so I entered your forums to continue learning about this.

Probably now I will start reading a ton of posts to learn about the game instead of writing, but I will make my own posts talking about the matches in the near future, I promise. xD

See you, and go Canadiens!

Howdy! I live outside Philly, but I'm more of a country girl! My family owns land in Montana where we raise cattle. I LOVE the Montreal Canadiens, but I'm a pretty new fan. I guess I was hooked when I saw a Habs game, and carey price was wearing a mask with a bucking bull on it! I love PBR bucking bulls(almost as much as hockey) if you have never seen it I highly recommend catching an event on t.v or even better live! There are not a whole lot of canadiens fans in Philly, and defiantly none in Montana, so I hope to to have some real fans to talk to! :D

Welcome all. I myself am a neophyte fan in the metro DC area. Pried from the Caps fanbase, actually. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Andy from Minnesota. I've lived in hockey purgatory most of my life; I'm too young to remember the North Stars, and not the biggest fan of how the Wild run things (cough, handing the keys to an oft-injured Martin Havlat). My path to a Hab fan was a long one too. I wore #11 as a hockey player for two reasons: One was because I was so moved by Saku's courage during his cancer battle and because I realized all these good hockey players had palindromes for their numbers (Saku and Messier wore #11, Super Mario wore #66, Bourque #77, Lindros #88, and of course Gretzky #99). My fate was finally sealed when I was at the Canada pavilion at Epcot over Christmas vacation. They had the hats of all the Canadian NHL teams except Edmonton and Ottawa. I tried all of them on, and something just felt right with the Habs hat on, almost like I was drafted. Since then, I've been following the Habs and are amped up for the series with Boston (If anyone can please provide an English non-NESN feed I will be eternally grateful. As much as I want to learn French for hockey purposes, I doubt my lessons will be done in time for the playoffs).

Christian Richard

descendant of the Rocket & Pocket Rocket

Wow thats awesome, lucky....welcome to the forum

I'm Andy from Minnesota. I've lived in hockey purgatory most of my life; I'm too young to remember the North Stars, and not the biggest fan of how the Wild run things (cough, handing the keys to an oft-injured Martin Havlat). My path to a Hab fan was a long one too. I wore #11 as a hockey player for two reasons: One was because I was so moved by Saku's courage during his cancer battle and because I realized all these good hockey players had palindromes for their numbers (Saku and Messier wore #11, Super Mario wore #66, Bourque #77, Lindros #88, and of course Gretzky #99). My fate was finally sealed when I was at the Canada pavilion at Epcot over Christmas vacation. They had the hats of all the Canadian NHL teams except Edmonton and Ottawa. I tried all of them on, and something just felt right with the Habs hat on, almost like I was drafted. Since then, I've been following the Habs and are amped up for the series with Boston (If anyone can please provide an English non-NESN feed I will be eternally grateful. As much as I want to learn French for hockey purposes, I doubt my lessons will be done in time for the playoffs).

Welcome, and no your french wont be done...I had to learn it in school and even I don't know whats going on :lol:

Christian Richard

I'm Andy from Minnesota.

Welcome to our forum....glad to have you aboard.:D

FH

Hello Hab fans. I'm a writer with link deleted. Just wanted to check in and say hello. Look forward to joining the discussions.

By using the Montreal Canadiens’ Fan Forum, you agree to not post any of the following material:

• Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation

A warm welcome to all the new members and to those who have come back!

Waitingforcup25 I have a friend who got a vacation in early March, he's gone back and I'll tell you the same thing I told him... Keep your head down!

Full kudos to anyone going to or already in Iraq/Afghanistan. Your courage and patriotism is inspiring.

Hey My name is Dave. I live out in Red Deer Alberta. I have been a Habs fan my whole life. I have never been to see the Habs live and I just turned 31. I got huge news today saying I won the put on your game face contest. They said i won two tickets to game four against the Bruins. This really is a dream come true!!!!

Hey My name is Dave. I live out in Red Deer Alberta. I have been a Habs fan my whole life. I have never been to see the Habs live and I just turned 31. I got huge news today saying I won the put on your game face contest. They said i won two tickets to game four against the Bruins. This really is a dream come true!!!!

Wow. Congrats! That's amazing. There will be nothing like it. :)

Welcome. You've come at a good time.

I automatically am blacklisting you now... hahaha joking.

Congrats man, and enjoy the game. Nothing beats the Centre Bell atmosphere... though I've only been to two games.

Congratulations, mate, and welcome to the forum :D :D

ColRouleBleu's(a mod here) daughter will also get her mug displayed on the Bell Centre boards for a period.

Congratulations, mate, and welcome to the forum :D :D

ColRouleBleu's(a mod here) daughter will also get her mug displayed on the Bell Centre boards for a period.

That's a different contest. That one is with Bell if I'm not mistaken. The other one is done by the Organization. The "Put your game face on" one through twitter and Facebook.

Welcome to the forum and congrats for the contest! Tix in the Reds too, you're in for quite a treat! Playoffs at the Bell Centre are quite the experience (eventhough they tend to kill the ears for a couple of days :lol: ). Arrive early to the game, there'll be some partying outside of the arena.

Yep :D

That's a different contest. That one is with Bell if I'm not mistaken. The other one is done by the Organization. The "Put your game face on" one through twitter and Facebook.

'zactly We stopped entering the "Put your game face on" contest for this round since we're going to the net 3 games B)

Hey all, im a 23 year old stay at home dad. My talented wife is one of the best nurses in the wonderful city of Thunder Bay. I needed to do some work, so I took on the duties of neighbourhood cross walk for the children, as well as a paper route. I needed to make sure I saved room on my schedule for all 82+ Habs games. Ive been a Habs fan ever since watching Ribeiro in 2004. Everybody claimed he was faking, theres no way, Ribz has the heart of a lion and he is what drew me to le rouge blanc et bleu. GO HABS GO!!!!!

Hi all!

My name is Valtteri. I´m 19 years old and I come from Finland, city called Pori. So how did I end up cheering for the Habs? All the credit goes to Koivu! He was my idol and still is. I consider myself as quite a big fan. I try to watch as many games as possible but because of the time difference it´s hard (games usually begin there at 7 pm. so the clock is 2am here). Yet I managed to see about 50 games.

In this February I finally made my dreams come true when I travelled to Montreal with my girlfriend (I have made her a Habs fan also) to see the Leafs game against Habs. That week in beautiful city of Montreal was propably the best time of my life. This is propably unnecessary to say but I want to make you jelous! I bought Paciorettys game worn jersey during that trip (love you Max!).

So what else can I say than: GO HABS GO!!!