The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Thanks guys!

Also, I appreciate the links to the FAQ, I will try and search them more first before I ask in here. Now that I've introduced myself, time to comment on some things! Here goes...

It's a big forum with a lot of threads. Can be a little intimidating at first, but once you have a feel for the forum you'll be fine. ;)

Habswonrule here. Habs fan since 1964, My age is.."NYOB"...Live in New York now.. Love this team like Life itself and will be Critical ( but fair) UNTIL WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS RETURNS TO MONTREAL..

PS CHeck Hockey Inside out article.."Parros gets green light" Look at the corresponding photo, I thought those were his Sons in that picture, guess what..Those are Two of his Teamates.. This size issue has to be rectified..A Couple with skill is alrught..But not this many and not this tiny.

Habswonrule here. Habs fan since 1964, My age is.."NYOB"...Live in New York now.. Love this team like Life itself and will be Critical ( but fair) UNTIL WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS RETURNS TO MONTREAL..

Cool, A New Yorker :) , Welcome to the Habs forums. Look around and jump in when the mood strikes you. :)

< makes note of Habswonrule's age of NYOB, for Happy Birthday thread. > :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey folks. Lived in Montreal from 75 to 79. Important years for developing my love of hockey. Been a Habs fan ever since. A couple of years ago I was looking for a tattoo that was more Canadian than the maple leaf or the words Canada...I now have Ken Dryden tattooed on my calf.

Go Habs!

Hey folks. Lived in Montreal from 75 to 79. Important years for developing my love of hockey. Been a Habs fan ever since. A couple of years ago I was looking for a tattoo that was more Canadian than the maple leaf or the words Canada...I now have Ken Dryden tattooed on my calf.

Go Habs!

classy tattoo B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am Ryan and have been a Habs fan since 2007.

I must confess that born in Toronto and now living in Hamilton, I used to be a Leafs fan.

A few things happened that would change my life for the better.

When I was a Leafs fan, my friend and I decided to buy Leafs tickets off Ebay and go to a game. This was at the end of the season and the Leafs were all but eliminated.

The only tickets we could afford were standing room at $80 each. When we picked up the tickets in Toronto, the face value was $19.00.

Our plan the entire time was to take our standing room tickets and $200 each and sell them to a scalper in order to get the last row of seats in the upper level. We found a scalper and proposed our offer and he just looked at us and laughed and walked away.

During the game it sucked standing the entire time but what was more frustrating is seeing all the empty lower bowl seats that remained empty until midway through each period when all the businessmen returned from the lounge were they had drinks.

It was then I realized how much of a corporate team the Leafs had become and how hard it is to support them.

Then something wonderful happened….

The company I used to work for sent me to their Montreal office so I could train the new staff and one of the people I was training had season tickets to the Habs.

When I was a Leafs fan, I never hated the Habs as they are a fellow Canadian team so I bought 2 from him and went to a game.

It was one of the best experiences I have ever had and will always remember it.

How beautiful the Bell Centre is, the atmosphere, and most of all…..all the seats were full! It was so nice to see fans that really cared about their team!

From that moment I was hooked…2 weeks later I bought 2 more tickets from someone online for face value and went again! I loved everything about the game and team and fell in love with the Habs.

I came home and tossed away my limited Leafs gear that I had replaced with Habs gear and the rest is history.

I am the odd one out in my family as my father, wife, and father in law are all die hard Leafs fans and to this day still get called a traitor but it doesn’t phase me because I know I am a part of something special being a Habs fan.

It’s funny, I left Toronto a Leafs fan and returned from Montreal a Habs fan.

That’s my story and thanks for reading!

Hey everyone,

I am Ryan and have been a Habs fan since 2007.

I must confess that born in Toronto and now living in Hamilton, I used to be a Leafs fan.

A few things happened that would change my life for the better.

When I was a Leafs fan, my friend and I decided to buy Leafs tickets off Ebay and go to a game. This was at the end of the season and the Leafs were all but eliminated.

The only tickets we could afford were standing room at $80 each. When we picked up the tickets in Toronto, the face value was $19.00.

Our plan the entire time was to take our standing room tickets and $200 each and sell them to a scalper in order to get the last row of seats in the upper level. We found a scalper and proposed our offer and he just looked at us and laughed and walked away.

During the game it sucked standing the entire time but what was more frustrating is seeing all the empty lower bowl seats that remained empty until midway through each period when all the businessmen returned from the lounge were they had drinks.

It was then I realized how much of a corporate team the Leafs had become and how hard it is to support them.

Then something wonderful happened….

The company I used to work for sent me to their Montreal office so I could train the new staff and one of the people I was training had season tickets to the Habs.

When I was a Leafs fan, I never hated the Habs as they are a fellow Canadian team so I bought 2 from him and went to a game.

It was one of the best experiences I have ever had and will always remember it.

How beautiful the Bell Centre is, the atmosphere, and most of all…..all the seats were full! It was so nice to see fans that really cared about their team!

From that moment I was hooked…2 weeks later I bought 2 more tickets from someone online for face value and went again! I loved everything about the game and team and fell in love with the Habs.

I came home and tossed away my limited Leafs gear that I had replaced with Habs gear and the rest is history.

I am the odd one out in my family as my father, wife, and father in law are all die hard Leafs fans and to this day still get called a traitor but it doesn’t phase me because I know I am a part of something special being a Habs fan.

It’s funny, I left Toronto a Leafs fan and returned from Montreal a Habs fan.

That’s my story and thanks for reading!

Great story, Welcome to the forum!

Any other questions you may have can be answered in the "comments, questions and concerns" thread.

Hello all! I am a newly discovered Habs fan from Alabama USA, I have been a fan of hockey since the mid 90's but typically followed American teams, but with age comes wisdom and I have decided to swear allegiance to the crown jewel of the NHL, the Montreal Canadiens! Let's go habs!

Hello all! I am a newly discovered Habs fan from Alabama USA, I have been a fan of hockey since the mid 90's but typically followed American teams, but with age comes wisdom and I have decided to swear allegiance to the crown jewel of the NHL, the Montreal Canadiens! Let's go habs!

You are very wise! :D Welcome to the forum.

A huge welcome to you clint :) . It's always nice to see new members from the U.S.A. We hope you enjoy yourself here, and can contribute to any or all discussions in the various forums. Have a look around and if you have any questions, you can post them here: http://fans.canadiens.nhl.com/community/topic/26340-questions-comments-concerns/ . Someone will be sure to answer them.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I was lucky and stumbled upon the 24CH series on the NHL Network and have been hooked on the Canadiens ever since. I've gone through and watched the condensed version of all the Habs games last season and those this season, and I have really liked what I have been seeing (with the obvious exception of the playoffs last season). It's nice to see a team that plays with the kind of pride and determination this team demonstrates, and an organization that is ever-mindful of it's history and tradition. So, here's to the Bleu, Blanc, and Rouge!

• 3 weeks later...

welcome to the forum, guys...

great story from being a TML to become a Hab... very wise choice, if you ask me... :)

Big hello from Germany

p.s. for all you Facebookers; there's a new German speaking Habs fansite...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HABS-Fans-Deutschland/1417413001824076

p.s. thanks for deleting LeGerman's post...it's my other account, as NHL Gamecenter wouldn't allow me to subscribe with this username/email adress...
Got some probs logging in with this account recently... don't ask me why...sorry for that