The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

:mrgreen: Hi ya! Originally from Seattle, but have lived in Vancouver the past 15 years. Saw the '71 cup final between Montreal and Chicago on tv (black & white tv - oh God I'm old), and instantly became a fan of Jean Béliveau and Les Glorieux. Béliveau retired after that year:( , but I was hooked.:D My brother even painted the Habs' logo on my bedroom wall. The Canucks have always been the home team (In the 1970's, Vancouver's farm club was the Seattle Totems of the old WHL), but I will always carry a torch for the :mon:

Dear habs fans I am new to this forum and wanting to chat with all habs fans. I live in Louisville, Kentucky, I became a hockey fan in 1980 after the "miracle on ice". I saw my first NHL game on cable and started getting into the habs loved Naslund, Lafleur, Gainey, and company. I have french ancestory so I feel that it is only fitting that my favourite team is from Quebec. Id love to someday make a trip to Montreal to not only take in a game but take in the city as well. If I ever get married i think it would be a perfect honeymoon trip, but im so far from that LOL!!! I would love to learn more about not only fans of the Habs but about the city as well, whats the chances of me landing a job in education in Montreal? What would i have to do, got to be some eachers on here. Well I hope to hear from many habs fans, I just subscribed to CANADIENS MAGAZINE so im anticipating that as well as making a trip to Nashville and Columbus to see them play live.

BON CHANCE TO ALL HABS FANS AND PLAYERS IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.

Todd Delcour

Dear habs fans I am new to this forum and wanting to chat with all habs fans. I live in Louisville, Kentucky, I became a hockey fan in 1980 after the "miracle on ice". I saw my first NHL game on cable and started getting into the habs loved Naslund, Lafleur, Gainey, and company. I have french ancestory so I feel that it is only fitting that my favourite team is from Quebec. Id love to someday make a trip to Montreal to not only take in a game but take in the city as well. If I ever get married i think it would be a perfect honeymoon trip, but im so far from that LOL!!! I would love to learn more about not only fans of the Habs but about the city as well, whats the chances of me landing a job in education in Montreal? What would i have to do, got to be some eachers on here. Well I hope to hear from many habs fans, I just subscribed to CANADIENS MAGAZINE so im anticipating that as well as making a trip to Nashville and Columbus to see them play live.

BON CHANCE TO ALL HABS FANS AND PLAYERS IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.

Todd Delcour

Welcome aboard good to see new ppl join but i think there is another forum where you can introduce yourself.Have fun

Username: Hackett

Live: Montreal

Born: Montreal

Favourite Current Hab: Koivu, Bonk, Johnson, Higgins

Favourite All time Hab: Jeff Hackett

Hey Guys,

My name is Jasbir (Im a girl) and I was born and raised in Montreal. I wasnt much of a Habs fan growing up and I did make fun of people that watched hockey because I thought it was a boring sport. Then one day I was just flipping through the channels and on RDS I saw a Habs player on the ice that was hurt. This was Richard Zednik and it was the 2002 Playoffs against Boston. Michel Terrien was yelling and before I knew it I started yelling at my T.V. also - I had no idea that Boston was one of our biggest rivals but I knew that I hated them - I made sure to catch the next game and every game since then.

Now I am a die hard HABS ONLY hockey fan!!! I like to believe that I was always a Habs fan it just took the 2002 Playoffs to make me see it!!!

Username: Meldon

Live: Kirkland

Born: Mumbai, India

Favourite Current Hab: Chris Higgins

Favourite All time Hab: Maurice Richard, Jean Beliveau, Howie Morenz (I know i never saw him, but ive read a ton on him...did you know he died because he couldnt play hockey?)

Favourite Chant : Halte Là, Halte Là, les Canadiens sont là!! (I wish people would chant this at the Bell center)

Well I'm new to this forum and have been searching for a good one to participate in. This one seems to be it :D I am Female and was born and raised in Montreal. I have always been a Habs Fan. I don't know what else to say, other than I'm looking forward to posting with everyone :D

Guest SyracusBulldog

Username: SyracusBulldog

Live: Lille, FR, EU

Born: Versailles, FR, EU

Favourite Current Hab: none

Favourite NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens

Favourite current NHL player: Martin Saint Louis

Favourite all time NHL player: Wayne Gretzky

Favourites NHL Jerseys: Habs (third) Sabres (third) and Leafs (Blue)

Particular sign: fluent in French, awful in English.

Last words: What the **** is doing Nike brandmark in Hockey ? Return making your low life shoes, and let Bauer alone do the job. They know, you don't.

Guest canadianjersey

Username: Canadianjersey

Live: Vancouver,BC

Born: Toronto, Ont

Favourite Current Hab: Koivu

Favourite NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens

Favourite current NHL player: Koivu/Kovalev

Favourite all time NHL player: Patrick Roy

Favourites NHL Jerseys: Habs (third)

Favorite Montreal Canadiens moment : Bringin Lord Stanley BACK to Canada!

and being the ONLY Canadian team to do so since '93

I've just joined less than 10 minutes ago and someone directed me to this thread. :D

Username: HiggyKomiNY

Live: Brooklyn, New York

Born: Flushing, New York

Favourite Current Hab: Christopher Robert Higgins

Favourite all time Hab: Guy LaFleur and Patrick Roy (though his attitude sucks as of late)

Favourite NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens & New Jersey Devils

Favourite current NHL player: Martin Brodeur

Favourite all time NHL player: Mark Messier

Favourites NHL Jerseys: Habs (home), Devils (road)

Favorite Montreal Canadiens moment : 1993 Finals game 2 when they came back to win in OT (thank you, Marty McSorley for your illegal stick)

Been a hockey fan since: 1990

Famous last words: They better win the Cup soon! :D

Guest MoDeeAnGlow

Username: MoDeeAnGlow - I tried to register as "Maudit Anglo" but for some reason they rejected it... ,)

Born: Toronto

Live: Toronto

Favourite Current Hab: Saku Koivu

Favourite All-time Hab: Guy Lafleur (It used to be P.R. but we know how that went...)

I love the Habs, and I'm happy to post here with their fans.

I hate the Leafs, and it pains me to live surrounded by their fans.

HABS forever!

Other fave teams:

Lacrosse: Toronto Rock - 5 championships in 8 years, baby! The Habs of professional lacrosse...

Baseball: Toronto Blue Jays, my all-time favourite team

Football: Toronto Argonauts

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.. didn't know there was this thread. Anyways...

hey guys :D

Username: Noun

Live: Vancity, BC

Born: Hong Kong

Favourite current NHL player: Naslund

Favourite NHL Team: Canucks, Habs

Favourites NHL Jerseys: the Preds' jersey

Been a hockey fan since: Playoffs '02 Canucks vs Red Wings

Famous last words: Why is Tootoo in the NHL.

Guest Hamilton Habs

Born: Hamilton

Fav Team: Canadiens, Tigercats, ....any team not from Toronto

My first NHL game was at the Montreal Forum when I was a kid in town for a hockey tournament.....saw the Habs beat the Leafs 9-4!

I am coming to town this weekend to see the Habs beat the Leafs and Bruins!!! Can anyone tell me a good place to have a few drinks after the game?

Thanks

Gerald

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lfrommtl

ive been here for about a week but still havent introduced my self so here we go!

Username:lfrommtl

Live:Montreal CANADA

Born:MONTREAL CANADA

Favourite Current Hab:Chris Higgins(theres only One)

Favourite All time Hab:Jean Beliveau, doesnt get classier then that

Favourite Prospect: Chipchura

Other Sports Teams:MLB:Boston Red SoX, AS Roma, Manchester Utd

Last words: We need to bring a european chant atmosphere to the bell center

Just signed up, thought I'd post my first message...

Username: southp

Live: Pointe-Claire

Born: Montreal

Favourite All time Hab: Guys I actually saw play? Maybe Patrick Roy or Kirk Muller

Favourite NHL Player: Lecavalier or Shanahan

Guest Pathabsfan

Username: Pathabsfan

Live: Calgary, AB

Born: Ottawa, Ont

Favourite All time Hab: Guy Lafleur

Last Words: No matter where I am, The Habs are always #1

User Name: thelegend

Real Favorite Team: Montreal Canadiens

Other teams that are favorite just not as much favorite: Bluejays, Rough Riders, Raptors and the Suns.

Favorite Hab: Steve Begin/Saku Koivu

Favorite Athlete: Lance Armstrong

Favorite Leaf game: Golf

Favorite Leaf player: Raycroft. And their defensive Corps. Their recent success just wouldn't be possible without them......7 L's in a row, let's go for 8!

Location of me: Saskatchewan.

Guest 11Koivu

Username:11Koivu

Live:Montreal CANADA

Born:Montreal CANADA

Favourite Current Hab:Saku Koivu

Favourite All time Hab:Saku Koivu (grew up watching him:mrgreen: )

Favourite Prospect: Grabvoski

Other Sports Teams: Washington Redskins, Toronto Raptors

Last words: Id like to witness a chant so loud in the bell centre that the place starts to shake.

Hi Thomas from Halifax here long time Habs fan. It was my wish to see a game played at The Forum it never happened so I then wanted a chair from The Forum. I now have said chair and have sence got 6 auto's on it. I collect hockey and my basement has even been on tv.My wife and I painted the floor as a rink (Montreal of course) and all wall space is filled with signed hockey...jerseys,sticks,pictures,art...I collect all teams but Montreal is my passion with Team Canada a close 2nd. As always GO HABS GO ...and my thought are with Bob and his family at this time.