The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Guest Captain_K

Username: Captain_K

Live: Laval, Quebec (Mom's house) and Montreal, Quebec (Dad's house)

Born: Montreal, Quebec

Favourite Current Hab: Saku Koivu <3

Favourite all time Hab: Saku Koivu (Even when I didn't watch hockey, I still used to root for Koivu. He was the only player I used to know :D)

Favourite NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens

Favourites NHL Jerseys: Habs (home) and Wild (Home)

Been a hockey fan since: 2004 (I'm ashamed that I only got into hockey 2 years ago :D )

Other Sports Teams: Toronto Blue Jays and Oakland Athletics

Username: Niinimaas_Gerl

Live: Alberta(Oil Country)

Favourite NHL Team: 1. Oilers 2. Habs

Favourite Current Hab: Niinimaa(became a Janne fan while he was in edmonton, although i am becoming a higgs fan)

Favourite all time Hab: Saku Koivu (He is so much the heart of this team just like smyth is for the oilers. How can you not love these guys

Favourites NHL Jerseys: Oilers (home) and Habs (Home)

Been a hockey fan since: I was 13..and no i am not telling you how many years ago that was!

Other Sports Teams: Is there any other sports teams besides the oilers and habs? Not as important anyway.

Most Hated Opposing Team: Flames and Leafs(go figure)

Username: Grinder

Live: Halifax

Favourite NHL Team: 1. Habs

Favourite Current Hab: I'm a D so Komisarek and Markov and Souray haha.

Favourite all time Hab: Saku Koivu or the Rocket

Favourites NHL Jerseys: Canadiens Vintage and away. Vintage Oilers.

Been a hockey fan since: Since I first laced'em up. 18 years ago.

Other Sports Teams: Blue Jays, Colts

Most Hated Opposing Team: Leafs and Sens.

Hi Everyone,

I've been brainwashed (eagerly) into becoming a Habs fan by my Fiance. Since i never had a team that i followed, i'm sure it wasn't a hard thing to do.

Part of the reason i've joined this forum was because i needed some ideas. My fiance and I are getting married in March and for the second half of our honeymoon we're going to Montreal (currently live in Brampton) for playoffs!! We're really excited. I'd really like to do something really cool for my fiance "Hab-related" since he's just about the most die-hard fan i've ever met. Does anyone have any ideas, besides tickets of course, for something that I could do for him. I thought of getting him to see the change room or meet some of the guys, but not sure if that would be allowed or if they even do that during playoffs. And how the heck would i set it up? Ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Dana

Guest CristoWallHuet39

Hi everybody. I'm new here. I'm 19 and I've been a Habs fan ever since I knew that hockey existed. My dad took me to games when I was young and I still go to games. I've actually been to 5 games this season so far. I am going to one more before the new year; it will be in Florida on the 29th. Will anybody else be going to this game in Florida? I also have tickets to 7 more games in the new year. I've become a very serious Hab fan since the lockout.

Name: Josh

Favorite Current Hab: Saku Koivu

Favorite All-Time Hab: Maurice Richard

Favorite team in other sports: Atlanta Falcons

Most hated NHL team: Toronto Maple Leafs

Guest Cowtown Canadien

Name: Gerard

Age: Old enough to remember Two of 24 cup wins and alive for a few more LOL

City: Calgary (Born in Sydney,NS)

Favorite current Hab: The Cristowall Cristobal Huet

All Time Favorite Hab: 33 Patrick Roy

Favorite Habs moment: 1993 - there was as much cheering in Sydney the night the Habs won the Cup as there was the Cape Breton Oilers won the Calder Cup in the AHL a couple of weeks earlier.

My most loved piece of Canadiens gear: CCM jersey signed by Larry Robinson, Guy Lafleur, and a couple other Canadien greats. The biggest signing of all and the nicest man I have ever met #9 Maurice "The Rocket" Richard.

It is fun once again to watch our beloved team playing like Montreal Canadiens.

Guest thefooligan5
Name: Gerard

Age: Old enough to remember Two of 24 cup wins and alive for a few more LOL

City: Calgary (Born in Sydney,NS)

Favorite current Hab: The Cristowall Cristobal Huet

All Time Favorite Hab: 33 Patrick Roy

Favorite Habs moment: 1993 - there was as much cheering in Sydney the night the Habs won the Cup as there was the Cape Breton Oilers won the Calder Cup in the AHL a couple of weeks earlier.

My most loved piece of Canadiens gear: CCM jersey signed by Larry Robinson, Guy Lafleur, and a couple other Canadien greats.  The biggest signing of all and the nicest man I have ever met #9 Maurice "The Rocket" Richard.

It is fun once again to watch our beloved team playing like Montreal Canadiens.

Great to have another caper on here who remembers '93 oh so well (I remember jumping on the ice after CB won the calder).

lmao at the censors. :D

Anyways, I'm goleafsgo100 and I'm a Leafs AND Habs fan. Sounds crazy, I know. I was born in Montreal and moved to Toronto when I was 1.  I go to Montreal a few times a year and it feels like my second home.  I have relatives who live there.

I know it's extremely unique and weird but I just can't bring myself to cheer against the Habs.  Now to be honest if it was the Leafs vs. the Habs I'd cheer for the Leafs but in any other situation I would go for the Canadiens.

I have to change my username some how though. I want it to be something like Leafs/Habs fan.

hey... i am a leafs fan and a habs fan too... i will cheer for the habs first tho, then montreal, then edmonton, then detroit. my mom is from montreal and i was raised liking the habs bu i ilive in toronto

i was "brainwashed" by my father to love the habs. when he came to canada and watched hockey for the first time, he watched montreal beat toronto 8-1. he loved hockey and the habs from that day on and passed it on. I am loving the progress they have made in the last two years, and as it is standing now, i can see a top 3 finish in the east. I see cup, and I hope I see it soon!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!

Hey I am a long time habs fan....been following them since I was about 6 years old..... Still have the newspaper article from the last time they won the cup back in '93' was only 12 at the time, but was a loyal fan and keep everything on this team........ Glade to be apart of the forum and look forward to the getting to know some other habs fan....

More about myself....

Name: Daniel

Where I live: Windsor-Detroit

Hometown: Montreal, Canada

Body type: 6' 1" / Average

Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Religion: Catholic

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

Children: Proud parent

Education: Collage

Guest mojoganjaman

long time Leaf fan....49 male in BC...indeed...I did witness the Leafs last cup....joined this board but not sure if I should post....don' wanna cause a rukus....but I do enjoy another teams fans take on the game I love....catch ya..:D)

mojo

My name is Rob, I was born, and grew up in Montreal, but am currently living (and HATING it here) in ottawa. I moved here with my family a long time ago.

I was born a Habs fan, and I shall die a Habs fan. My dad had season's tickets at the Forum back in the 70s, and I was fortunate enoigh to have seen many many games during the 70s and the last run of 4 cups. Guy Lafleur has always been my favourite player, and it was just incredible watching him and those teams play. Even though I was quite young at the time, I still have vivid memories of the players flipping pucks into the crowd after the warm-up skate, Ken Dryden leaning on his goal stick while most of the game was played in the opponents end, watching Guy fly down the wing and blast home a goal, seeing Larry Robinson just demolish an opponent in the corner, and lots of old school bench clearing brawls, especially when Boston was in town! :bow:

I play bass in a metal band named Exciter, which some of you older metalheads may have heard of. :wink:

I have a myspace profile at http://www.myspace.com/evilclam feel free to add me as a friend. Any fan of the Habs is alright by me!

I'm looking forward to watching Captain K, and the boys bring home number 25!!!! :stan:

GO HABS GO!!! :ghg:

Cheers!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

im jeff, i live in toronto but i love the habs and hate the leafs!!! hahaha so obviously this year has been perfect. im 24, so old enough to remember the last cup, when the hero was my all time favourite hockey player #33 patrick roy. im a big huet fan, hes the only goalie ive been happy with since we lost patrick and thinking about this years team i realize i like everybody. great team this year, top to bottom. montreal is the hockey center of the universe...i love posting on here because theres always intelligent feedback and commentary...in toronto we have the most ignorant media and most fans havent got a clue (lets just trade tucker for getzlaf!) so give yourselves a hi 5 and support your habs!!!!

A huge Canadien fan now living in Orlando for over 22 years.

To me the directv satellite system is the best thing that has ever happen to me.Ihave had the hockey package now for 8 years and have missed maybe but four or five games a season.