The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

11 Saku Koivu 06-07

jl-1

when this guy goes down in game 3 of the playoffs and we loose 4 in a row to end our season and when ryder and higgins got lost without him yea you can say he is our most important player.lol

I agree 100% Saku makes this team tick... SAKU SAKU SAKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zachary-jean
He's actually gone down every year, before he was a franchise center, then he became a 1st line center, now 2nd line center (on the TSN profile).

Figures. Next season they'll speed it up to "utility man"

Guest KOIVU#11

Saku's been my favorite player ever since I could consiously watch hockey. He's really a role model to us all and really nothing more can be said then what JL said earlier, he's a stand up guy and he'll be my all time favorite player until I die.

I think this year he'll at least reach 20 goals, I think if there had of been another 10 games on the season he would have reached it this year.

"I don't think we're the favourite to win the Cup, but we showed last year that with the guys that we have, there's a chance," said Koivu. "We know we have to prove it first to ourselves and then to the media and the fans."

gazette

"I don't think we're the favourite to win the Cup, but we showed last year that with the guys that we have, there's a chance," said Koivu. "We know we have to prove it first to ourselves and then to the media and the fans."  

gazette

Finally, someone who understands why the media doesn't rank the HABS highly this year.

Bob McKenzie said tonight that Carolina wasn't even picked to make the PO's last yr and they went on to win it all.

Now this yr Carolina is a favorite again

Well, so long as Montreal keeps fighting for the final PO spot yr after yr then the Media is going to continue to think that Montreal can't do any better

The Montreal Canadiens have to go out and PROVE to the Media that they are better and then they will garner the respect that the the fans think they deserve

This is why Koivu is the captain. He is an intelligent and articulate man

Guest Un_Lavalois

Koivu can't retire before he wins the cup, he deserves the cup, he worked too hard for it, he gots to have it! I don't care if he plays until he's 55! ( I hope we win the cup before that..)

Ya that '"second line center" was named on the first team of the WORLD cup.. that "second line center" could be the first center in many teams in the NHL, that "second line center" helped Ryder score 30 goals and may do it with Higgins too this year. That "Second line center" is the best player of the team who almost beat the Stanley Cup winners.. I could go on all night long but you got my point already, you guys are not Leaf fans

Guest MTL_is_CHC

Here is a question:

Fan loyalty aside, say this season Koivu plays 80-82 games, say we would rank him based on his performance to be a "franchise c or 1st line c or 2nd line c...", how many points does he need to get for each category (most importantly the 1st line center role)?

in other word, how many points this season to safely keep/ regain his "first line center" status?

Of course, im rating performance regardless of what number line he actually plays (which is always number 1)

Here is a question:

in other word, how many points this season to safely keep/ regain his "first line center" status?

No offense but I don't understand the basis for your question

He is Montreal's 1st line centre regardless of how many points he gets this year

There just isn't a centre on Montreal that is better than he is right now

Guest zachary-jean

Excellent game tonight. Three points, won some key face-offs, played with passion (as usual). I hope to this is a sign of the rest of the season.

Guest Godfather

Saku played great!!!!!!! The way a leader should play..showed his aggresiveness on the puck...set up plays.. proved to be a general on the ice telling higgins and ryder where to set him up he was unbelievable to watch...and he made whoever who played with him look alot better....i cant wait till tomorrow...tonigt was a good game

Archived