The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

11 Saku Koivu 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Godfather

This new nhl was made for him. He's a great player and he deserves a cup!! Hell they all do...last season i rember complinin that ryder never reciprocated or sacrificed himself like Koivu and now look what happens....Our teram looked great out there and i for one have no sore thots about last nite....It was a good warm up for the big game tonite

I love this guy, what a true Warrior, right in there in the thick of it scoring like he's a sniper, creating all sorts of Chaos for Buffalo's defence, excellent game Captain K, there was no doubt in my mind he would come back firing on all cylinders, and i dont think theres much doubt left in other people's eyes along with the anaylsts who considered him a "?".

I love this guy, what a true Warrior, right in there in the thick of it scoring like he's a sniper, creating all sorts of Chaos for Buffalo's defence, excellent game Captain K, there was no doubt in my mind he would come back firing on all cylinders, and i dont think theres much doubt left in other people's eyes along with the anaylsts who considered him a "?".

did they clone Saku? Because last night he was everywhere, digging the puck out of the corner, making a pass, picking up the pass and driving to the net. It looked like there were two Koivu's out there.

His second goal was beautiful, I think Miller was a litle more surprised with the first goal though. The look on his face

"where did he come from" seemed to be the same look alot of the Sabre players had last night.

That prestigious "C" stitched on Saku Koivu's jersey can only stand for one thing:"Courage".

Yes, the captain of the Montreal Canadiens was robbed of the winning goal by Maple Leafs goaltender Andrew Raycroft late in the third period last night.

And yes, he did lose control of the puck during the shootout, which his Canadiens eventually won 3-2.

But at least he is back.

Having survived a gruelling bout with cancer back in the fall of 2001 -- a period he understandably refers to as "the fight of my life" -- the Montreal Canadiens captain suffered another threat to his career when he was struck near the left eye by a stick during the playoffs last spring.

Koivu has fought back from that too, having notched three points in Montreal's season-opening 5-4 loss to the Buffalo Sabres on Friday.

"I said all along I'd be ready for the start of the season if I didn't have any setbacks with the eye," Koivu said. "I still don't feel 100% comfortable and it's going to take some more time to really adjust to the eye. But so far things have gone great."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montr...978554-sun.html

Great Article

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/214588.html

I'm not sure exactly where to post this so I'll go ahead and post it here.

This article says how, after Ryder scored the shootout winning goal, Koivu went and took the puck and gave it to Carbo for his first win with the Habs as Head Coach. There was also the Buffalo game when the Habs scored and everyone crouded a player and Markov was coming in late, Koivu still had his arms open inviting Marks into the circle but players like Souray and Ryder were celebrating and not paying attention to him. Believe me, this makes a player feel like he's a part of the team and that he's accepted and not left out.

I just wanted to point this out because people doubt Koivu's leadership, but it's all the little things like these that put no doubt in my mind that he should be the one wearing the C.

On another note, GO HABS GO!!!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/214588.html

I'm not sure exactly where to post this so I'll go ahead and post it here.

This article says how, after Ryder scored the shootout winning goal, Koivu went and took the puck and gave it to Carbo for his first win with the Habs as Head Coach. There was also the Buffalo game when the Habs scored and everyone crouded a player and Markov was coming in late, Koivu still had his arms open inviting Marks into the circle but players like Souray and Ryder were celebrating and not paying attention to him. Believe me, this makes a player feel like he's a part of the team and that he's accepted and not left out.  

I just wanted to point this out because people doubt Koivu's leadership, but it's all the little things like these that put no doubt in my mind that he should be the one wearing the C.

On another note, GO HABS GO!!!

There was also the game last year where Komisarek scored his first NHL goal. While everyone celebrated, Koivu sauntered his way to the crease and scooped the puck out of the goal.

A class act from no doubt one of the classiest players in the NHL.

There was also the game last year where Komisarek scored his first NHL goal. While everyone celebrated, Koivu sauntered his way to the crease and scooped the puck out of the goal.

A class act from no doubt one of the classiest players in the NHL.

Actually, that was Zednik who got the puck

Saku is.....

Saku has all the......

Saku is THE player so far who.....

pfffft.........

Saku is just that! SAKU!

Simply awesome on all aspects.

He's an awesome human being!

What more could I say??

always lots to say about saku, but thats well put lol

Guest cheerio279
Whoops!

(Even moderators make mistakes :wink:)

:D

Regardless, Saku's still gotta be one of the classiest, if not the classiest, players in the NHL today.

Zednik may have gotten Komi's first goal puck, but it was Saku who got Mark Streit's first NHL goal puck...there's a leader who cares about his players :D

Guest sheffield_steelers

I think it was the Buffalo game if not the Leafs one where the commentators said Saku was the nicest guy you could ever meet and no-one could have a bad word to say about him.

Archived