The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest zachary-jean
A guy who isn't afraid to speak his mind when the team isn't playing well, and who backs up that forthrightness by working his tail off every night. Exactly the type of player who should be captain.

Yep. Can't argue with that.

Most complete player on the team. The guy can do it all. Great shot, passing skills, defensive skills (can play on the pp or pk), tremendous speed, physical presence, vision and creativity. This guy will compete for lead in points on this team and will become a great player one day.

Got to love how Forsberg tried a dipsy-do move on Higgy and all he did was outmuscle him and steal the puck and score a game clinching goal. Its always good to see a kid with lots of talent who busts his butt every second he is on the ice, and not only when trying to score goals like some stars like Crosby but in the nuetral and Dzone

Woah i love Higgins. But like, hardcore love.

He is SO intelligent on the ice. Always at the right place, always knows what to do right. Always scores THE goal we need.

I think he's a complete player + he gained weight this summer so that makes him more dangerous. He can hit, he can skate, he can score and also create awesome plays.

Niiice hands, can really read the game and see where everybody is.

I'm a fan of Higgins since a long time, you could tell when he was playing for Yale this guy was gonna be something.

Always creating opportunities and playing like it was his last game ever :D, lots of leadership too... i just love what he brings to the team.

This year's his year ! Watch him :D

(( and the best thing is, we have him for 672,980 $ !!! ))

Kudos to whoever was responsible for scouting and drafting this guy.

He's going to be good, he can play physical, play defensively, score (if given a good playmaker), skate well, and works hard. With the exception of being a little undersized, a great package. Putting him beside Koivu has shown how much he can do when given a good playmaker. Although he'll never be a true superstar, he should be a great top six player (some compare him to Lehtinen). Our best candidate to be a future Selke winner.

I'm far away from Montreal and don't get to see games except for highlights. But two plays by Higgins stay in my mind:

The first was very early last season against Rangers in NY, he took a hard down the slot pass from Plekanec that was in his feet, moved it up to the blade fast and buried it. I knew right then that he was going to stay. If you are a goal scorer you can see the signs.

The second play was last game agains Philadelphia. If you watch, he drilled the empty netter as soon as his blade crossed the red line. Very smart, very aware. You HAVE to score on empty nets, and do it quick.

Very impressed by Higgins.

The second play was last game agains Philadelphia. If you watch, he drilled the empty netter as soon as his blade crossed the red line. Very smart, very aware. You HAVE to score on empty nets, and do it quick.

Actually what I found more impressive about that play was the one on one battle with Forseberg. That was a puck that should have been going towards Montreal's net, but because Higgins worked hard and played physically, the puck ended up on his stick and he was able to take the shot.

Guest Captain Koivu#11
I'm far away from Montreal and don't get to see games except for highlights. But two plays by Higgins stay in my mind:

The first was very early last season against Rangers in NY, he took a hard down the slot pass from Plekanec  that was in his feet, moved it up to the  blade fast and buried it. I knew right then that he was going to stay. If you are a goal scorer you can see the signs.

Very  impressed by Higgins.

Im very impressed by Higgins too! Not only did he score that shorthanded empty netter, but he battled against the boards with Forsberg in the neutral zone, came out with the puck, passed the red line and fired it into the empty net. I hope he keeps it up!

Guest Captain Koivu#11
5 points - 3 goals - 2 of them shorthanded. What a shot he has, underrated indeed.

Higgins is a master at scoring short handed goals. 2 IN A ROW!!! I love it. I think he will have a very good year.

The first was very early last season against Rangers in NY, he took a hard down the slot pass from Plekanec  that was in his feet, moved it up to the  blade fast and buried it. I knew right then that he was going to stay. If you are a goal scorer you can see the signs.

Very  impressed by Higgins.

that first one was his first NHL goal, his reaction is priceless, doing it in front of family and friends and all

Grew up a habs fan living in NY, but Komi was an islanders fan lol

I think Higgins is going to be a superstar at one point in his career

He's already a superstar in my eyes....

I think Higgy is gearing up to be one of the most recognized players in the league this season because of what he's doing.

Everytime he's touching the puck, no one can deny it, we're all thinking "Magic time!" :mrgreen:

Higgins is good and if his play so far is any indication he should get better, alot better . He will become a good to great two-way player

I think " super star " in the making is stretching it .

The term "Superstar " should be used for the truly elite players ( Jagr, Crosby, Ovechkin etc ) a

Higgins is good and if his play so far is any indication he should get better, alot better . He will become a good to great two-way player

I think " super star " in the making is stretching it .

The term "Superstar " should be used for the truly elite players ( Jagr, Crosby, Ovechkin etc ) a

I do agree with what you're saying it should be used for the truly elite players, as with the term "Franchise player" it is much over used, 35 goals 75 points makes you a superstar these days (it appears). I think there are only maybe 8 true superstars in the league right now... With that being said, Higgins will be a very very good hockey player imo.

Archived