The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

22 Steve Bégin 06-07

jl-1

We need to get Begin back on the wing, he does his best work when he's in deep forchecking and taking the body, as a center he has to be more responsible and lay back more and worry about positioning...

Kovalev played center for a while tonight and if Guy thinks that could actually work on a long term basis... We could move Pleks down to the 4th line and get Begin back with Bonk, which worked so well last season, that would be great IMO...

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Samsonov Kovalev Perezhogin

Begin Bonk Johnson

Latendresse Plekanec Murray

Thoughts?

I just posted something about Begin needing to get back to the wing. Not sure where that post went (So if you find a post about Begin in some random thread, that would be why)

Anyways, thats pretty well exactly what I was thinking. Only difference was I thought Lats may work on the third line with two veterens, but your idea could work too.

Guest zachary-jean
We need to get Begin back on the wing, he does his best work when he's in deep forchecking and taking the body, as a center he has to be more responsible and lay back more and worry about positioning...

Kovalev played center for a while tonight and if Guy thinks that could actually work on a long term basis... We could move Pleks down to the 4th line and get Begin back with Bonk, which worked so well last season, that would be great IMO...

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Samsonov Kovalev Perezhogin

Begin Bonk Johnson

Latendresse Plekanec Murray

Thoughts?

I agree and I like your lines. If line 2 works out, I'd definately like to see Bégin move up to the wing.

Begin is such a useful player wherever he plays... but I also prefer seeing him on left wing, and on the checking line with Bonk and Johnson is truly where he belongs... I know that they tried putting him with Latendresse as it seems like Begin is playing the role of mentor for the kid, but Guillaume would truly see how to play the wing by keeping a close eye on a Steve Begin playing the same position that he is.

I remember reading in this thread that Begin doesn't hit has much this season because he's playing center... I checked on NHL.com and Begin is tied for 5th in the league in hits so far with 33 and he's played less game than most! :shock:

Guest Un_Lavalois

Well 5th is not great for Begin standards, just kidding.. I don't notice his hits as much as last year, because he don't hit as hard. Maybe he hits as much, but not as hard. I'm still satisfied with his job, good that he's gonna find his so loved winger position! Should give the other teams some headaches:twisted:

im not satisfied at all with begin thus far. anytime theres a shooting opportunity he quite literally...flips it at the net... hes a checking line and i dont see him being physical..and is he on the pnalty kill... whatever happened to him on the penalty kill?

anyhow... hes nothing like he was last season which i imagine..was attributed to the tensions in the locker room between star players and the need for a mascot other than youppi. bah.

Well 5th is not great for Begin standards, just kidding.. I don't notice his hits as much as last year, because he don't hit as hard. Maybe he hits as much, but not as hard. I'm still satisfied with his job, good that he's gonna find his so loved winger position! Should give the other teams some headaches:twisted:

I agree, we don't notice him as much because he's playing center, which means worrying about positioning and laying back a little... Now that Pleks will be slipping down to the 4th line Begin can back on the wing, back to forchecking hard and taking the body harder... I think a Pleks Begin team will work almost as well as Begin did with Bonk last season.

Guest StratfordStreak
Wow! What a beauty play for Begin's first of the season.

Yeah congrats to him, but the funny thing is if you watch a replay, if he didn't hit the goalies stick with his shot, it was going to go wide.

Oh well, they all count.

Guest silversnake

Played a great game towards the end of the game when he was put on the 3rd line with Bonk and Johnson. I just hate it that he takes that stupid penalty in the first after yesterday's interview when HE said that we needed to stop taking stupid penalties.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Handlanger
Way to go Begin!..his first assist and his first goal..begin plays with such heart..guys like begin and rivet are just irreplacable to this team..i wouldnt mind seeing begin having the 2nd A over souray...

Well I disagree, he had an outstanding last year, but this year, I don't see anything except beeing on the ice when we get goals from him...

Archived