The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

22 Steve Bégin 06-07

jl-1

Guest habinto
I think if you put him on a line with Lapierre and Kostopoulos you'd have a mean bang and crash line.

The though of this line get's me very exited. 3 bangers, 1 that fights, one that is a rat, one that is energy.

Kaboom!!!!

Guest Asterix9
In my head of course I was thinking how much of a non factor he was for us and how I hope he bounces back to the 2005 Begin we all loved.

He may not have had the offensive input we saw the year before but he was far from a non-factor. When he got injured, we were first or second on the PK in the league and Begin was one of the leaders in the league in hits at that time. When he came back, we were 10th or so on the PK and he was still second on the team in hits.

Add to that the fact that he played on a broken foot and with an injured back for most of the second half of the season and it's shows the character this guy has. It's no coincidence that the team started playing better down the stretch with him in the line-up.

Guest Miltie01
He may not have had the offensive input we saw the year before but he was far from a non-factor. When he got injured, we were first or second on the PK in the league and Begin was one of the leaders in the league in hits at that time. When he came back, we were 10th or so on the PK and he was still second on the team in hits.

Add to that the fact that he played on a broken foot and with an injured back for most of the second half of the season and it's shows the character this guy has. It's no coincidence that the team started playing better down the stretch with him in the line-up.

Nothing more needs to be said !!!!

Guest halifax_habs
I think if you put him on a line with Lapierre and Kostopoulos you'd have a mean bang and crash line.

I like this idea a lot. The Habs are getting grittier, I'm hoping the attitude of some of these players rubs off on the whole team.

Guest Maniaque

As long as that line can not only shake things up but scores goals too, I can see it. Even a fourth line will have to contribute offensively. But yeah, I would like to see that.

Whether Begin has a spot or doesnt, he deserves one.

Guest habs_fan1160

I like Begin, but he's not very durable.

He spent a lot of last season out with injuries and I honestly can't see this year being too much different.

He's not getting any younger (not that he's old), and with all the injuries he's already had those parts of his body are probably weakened because of them.

If he could stay healthy for a season and play his heart out he'd be a great guy for this team, but with his injuries he hasn't had a chance to really help the team all that much.

Guest RedLightRacicot
I like Begin, but he's not very durable.

He spent a lot of last season out with injuries and I honestly can't see this year being too much different.

He's not getting any younger (not that he's old), and with all the injuries he's already had those parts of his body are probably weakened because of them.

If he could stay healthy for a season and play his heart out he'd be a great guy for this team, but with his injuries he hasn't had a chance to really help the team all that much.

Yeah, I can't help but think he will never be healthy enough to contribute like he did for us in 05-06.

Guest habinto
You have to wonder what last season will do to him though...Back troubles can ruin careers fairly quickly.

You know what, You have to give him a spot and see what he does. All these if's!!

You know what, You have to give him a spot and see what he does. All these if's!!

I don't oppose his spot on the team (although I do think he is overpaid), I was just showing concern for his injuries from last season.

Guest habs_fan1160
Based on one season only? I looked at this injury report on TSN ( http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...e=nhl-canadiens ) and aside from last year, he hasn't been very injury prone considering his style of play...

Very true, but his injuries from last year were re-occuring throughout the season. A re-occuring injury is something that is hard to heal.

Very true, but his injuries from last year were re-occuring throughout the season. A re-occuring injury is something that is hard to heal.

Link beat me to the puch. Because of his nature, he kept playing through the injuries and coming back when he wasn't totally ready, which is a sign of character. As Link said, a long break could make for a full recovery, a fresh start for Begin. He's exactly the style of player that Muller and Carbo like, a style similar to our own GM as a player.

I think a long break from april to september will heal any wounds, re-occuring or not, he has had alot of time to heal, a healthy Begin is a very useful begin, he is the closest thing we got to a Tucker or Chris Neil type of player.

A bit off-topic, but I think that Kostopoulos may take that comparison next year. Having both doing that will be great to see though.

Guest CanadianMike
Apparently Begin won't be playing golf today because of his back (it's in La Presse). Breezer is sitting out as well.

Is today the annual golf game?

Sucks that his back isn't doing any better.

So, Breezer is still injured? or taking it easy ? :unsure:

Guest leafsreallysuck

I think it's just preventive so close to the season.

Guest overlords

I think they didn't want to provoke anything by showing how bad he is in golf. I could see the headlines now :rolleyes: . And btw, when Breezer takes it easy he goes to france, so he's in it to win so far !

Guest habs_fan1160
I think a long break from april to september will heal any wounds, re-occuring or not, he has had alot of time to heal, a healthy Begin is a very useful begin, he is the closest thing we got to a Tucker or Chris Neil type of player.

It doesn't appear that way. It's now Sept. 4 and he's still tending to his back injury.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived