The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

22 Steve Bégin 06-07

jl-1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest habs_fan1160

Aw sad, look at Begin with his three pages of posts lol...well I guess around here this may be a good thing. No one has anything bad to say about him lol.

Guest MTL_RULES

In regards to the Canadiens' web site where it polls how many hits people think Steve Begin will finish the season with.

I think its clear he will finish with 250 or more, or 201-250 at the very least;

Here's why, 22 games in, Begin has 70 hits, which provided he plays every game, puts him on place to finish the season with 260

the largest vote right now has him between 150-200...I personally think these people are completly out to lunch, and I voted for him to finish with 251+

Begin put up a huge 8 hits tonight, which gives him 78 in 23 games...and a rate of 278 over a full 82 games....I love this boy's intensity!!!!

Don't forget the shots he blocked :D He was incredible on the penalty kill again.

Aw sad, look at Begin with his three pages of posts lol...well I guess around here this may be a good thing. No one has anything bad to say about him lol.

Begin's probably been one of my favourite Hab players for a while now. This is a great guy :D His shot-blocking and great hits are always fun to watch :D

Sad to see only 3 pages of posts in this thread :D

Guest zachary-jean

Sad to see only 3 pages of posts in this thread :D

Eh, I'm not...usually a player has a lot of posts when everyone has a problem with their play. haha...at leasts it feels that way.

Eh, I'm not...usually a player has a lot of posts when everyone has a problem with their play. haha...at leasts it feels that way.

Depends who... Just look at Latendresse :l But yeah, you're right I guess.

Guest sportsfreak_39

Hes one of my fav habs. Mianly b/c when i play hockey, i play exactly like him.

I take pride on that and I hate playets who try to dingle dangle all the time and lsoe it and never skate w/o the puck.

Guest diehardhabfan

steve begin is a workhorse, when ever the team needs a momentum shift you can always count on begin for the big hit or the extra effort.

threre's just nothing bad to say about him.

steve begin is a workhorse, when ever the team needs a momentum shift you can always count on begin for the big hit or the extra effort.

threre's just nothing bad to say about him.

Except that I wish we had 20 Steve Bégins on our team. Somebody asked last year whether or not we'd go far by having 20 of these guys on a team, and I still believe the answer is yes just by looking at how Buffalo is doing.

This guy's the best when it comes to heart and soul for a team. Nothing can match his pride when he plays in the big league, especially in MTL.

Guest Captain Koivu#11
Hes one of my fav habs. Mianly b/c when i play hockey, i play exactly like him.

I take pride on that and I hate playets who try to dingle dangle all the time and lsoe it and never skate w/o the puck.

Good job. It's nice to see that Begin sets an example.

Guest kayc906

Like I said on the french side.. There will be absolutely no bad blood between them. Two 4th line player who play with intensity every second, I would have been worried if it was Kovy and Plekanec who fought.

Guest stevesaku
Like I said on the french side.. There will be absolutely no bad blood between them. Two 4th line player who play with intensity every second, I would have been worried if it was Kovy and Plekanec who fought.

absolutely right..if there would have to be a little argument between players im glad its these guys.like you said the intensity level....

Guest stevesaku
Well the media is already starting with this whole, 2 altercations in 2 seasons already involving Begin, first Kovalev now Downey, is he too intense?

You know the media is out for blood when they are trying to stir the pot against the hometown warrior.

no they always defend the hometown hero.why would they talk bad about a guy who does so much for the community and brings it every game

I was informed there was a comment stating that its Begin's second altercation in 2 seasons with a teamate, and that he may need to settle down before it becomes a problem, they also made mention to something along the lines of Carbo needing to have a chat with him.

I'll be paying close attention for it in the papers tommorow.

Every hometown hero in this city, gets spit on sooner or later, i could sit here and make you a list, but i just dont have that kind of time.

Archived