The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

25 Mathieu Dandenault 06-07

jl-1

Guest iheartthehabs

I really like this guy. I didn't like Dandy-Lion at first, but he is a speedy and versatile defensemen, and is a real team first guy. I hope for good things to come from him this year.

I really like this guy. I didn't like Dandy-Lion at first, but he is a speedy and versatile defensemen, and is a real team first guy. I hope for good things to come from him this year.
I remeber when this guy played for Detroit... I wished at that time that he could play for the Habs... I believe he will have a good year if he's paired with Souray or Markov.

bw6

I remeber when this guy played for Detroit... I wished at that time that he could play for the Habs... I believe he will have a good year if he's paired with Souray or Markov.

bw6

don't forget bouillon, dandy will be paired with him when he comes back (i think), which is not bad either. i like dandy a lot. it took him a while to find his place on this team, but by the end of last season he was very dependable d-man

I must admit, I knew little about him when he played in Detroit...but then who wouldnt be overshadowed by that Defensive roster!

He came here & the first half of the season i was thinking "what is all the fuss about?" - i figured he was a good 'depth' guy and it was nice to have someone who actually wanted to play here.

Then the second half came around and BOY did my opinion change. He seemed like a different player. He was always fast, but suddenly he was actually using his speed (getting back when he or a defensive partner was caught up ice) he was hitting (OMG some of those hits! I didnt realize he was that solid a bodychecker) and he was overall turning into one of our better D.

He still wont be confused with markov - or even souray, for that matter - but he is slowly growing into a very valuable member of this D corps IMO.

I agree with jedimaas on this one; if we see more of what we did in the second half of the season, he'll be posting huge minutes every night.

He provides silent leadership on the ice with his experience, and I love how he's always ready to jump into the play, but can be back in his own end in a flash. He isn't afraid to throw his body around or block a shot either.

He has a very quiet demeanor and doesn't seem to cause a lot of problems with the team. I've come to grow quite fond of his play from what I saw in the playoffs and second half of last year, and I hope he brings more of that this year.

And, who couldn't love that gap-toothed grin of his? :D

He's one guy on the team I'd like to sit and have a drink with. Last time I spoke to him, he wasn't even a teenager as my sister was babysitting him and his brother, who I was going to school with. :D

Dandenault is 15 friggin pounds heavier then he was last season. I don't know if he has hiding led ingots in his pants when they weighed him or something, because, damn, the guy is huge now! Expecting a great season.

I think that Dandenault is truly one of the least appreciated defenceman in the NHL, he has speed, grit, determination, and he has some offensive upside too, which is great for a checking defenceman.

Anyone else here think it would be interesting to pair him up with Markov? Just to see how they do, it might do wonders for us too if Souray was to succeed on our 2nd line.

Dandenault is 15 friggin pounds heavier then he was last season. I don't know if he has hiding led ingots in his pants when they weighed him or something, because, damn, the guy is huge now! Expecting a great season.

Where did you get that information Hoser? That must have been quite the weight program he was on! :shock:

They spoke about it when training camp started on RDS, same time they mentioned Ribs gained 1 pound lol, Ryder lost a few, Komisarek gained a few, Kovy lost 9 pounds, and they said the most dramatic change was Dandenault's 15 pounds of muscle mass.

those big hits he throws...there about to do double the damage. I remember having to defend this guy tooth and nail at the start of the season, everyone was doubting him, not giving him a chance to flow into the system, i saw what he did in Detroit, he was quietly a very reliable d-man, Bowman liked him alot and that alone says something.

He will continue right where he left off, he's the fastest player on the team, he really started to pinch in offensively after the olympic break, id be comfortable with Dandenault out there no matter how horrible the situation were in.

• 2 weeks later...

Canadiens captain Saku Koivu suggested the injuries would not prevent either Rivet or Dandenault from suiting up Tuesday night.

"You never want to see guys getting hurt," Koivu said. "But I don't see it being a problem for the next game."

gazette

Guest zachary-jean
I'm not sure, but was Dandenault injured in yesterday's game against the Sens? Rivet aswell left the ice with an injury, not sure if they're okay.

It said on TSN.ca (I think..the article was right on the front page) that Rivet should be back, but Dandenault will probably miss tomorrow.

Guest HabsFever

Habs' Dandenault out indefinitely

Mathieu Dandenault

TSN.ca Staff

10/16/2006 2:13:28 PM

Montreal Canadiens defenceman Mathieu Dandeneault will be out of the line-up indefinetely with a strained left hamstring with a partial tear.

Dandenault suffered the injury Saturday night against Ottawa.

Mark Streit will replace Dandenault in the lineup, beginning with Tuesday night's game against Calgary, and will play alongside Janne Niinamaa.

Craig Rivet, who also left last Saturday's game after being hit in the heel, has indicated that he will be ready to play Tuesday night.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180984&hubname=

I remember having to defend this guy tooth and nail at the start of the season, everyone was doubting him, not giving him a chance to flow into the system, i saw what he did in Detroit

Well he was HORRIBLE. When he wasn't costing us a goal by being in the box he was costing us one on the ice. HOwever, I'll admit you were right to wait, as he became on of our best dman by the end of the season. He's looking pretty good this year but needs to STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!

I guess im kinda glad to see Streit get a chance

but Dandenault strained halmstring and partialy torn quadricep can keep you out of a line up a good 3 weeks...too bad..

and he had played all 82 games last year, looked like a freak accident on the replay tho

i would also suggest he stays off the ice for 3 weeks and not come back to damage the leg more anyways, besides, he has a groin to heal as well

when bouillon and dandy return, our defensive core should look pretty damn good, to think souray and rivet would be ur 3rd pairing

Archived