The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

25 Mathieu Dandenault 06-07

jl-1

I am hoping that Dandenault plays this season with a fire in his belly to make up for last year. I'm also hoping he's 100% healthy and is able to skate the way we know he can. While I still think he's overpaid for a lower-tier defenseman, nothing would make me happier than to see him bounce back from a disappointing 06-07 season.

Guest CanadianMike
I think you stated the reason right there as to why we shouldn't/won't trade him. ;)

The thing is he didn't do that during games last year. It is fine to be agressive during practices, but it is the games that count. ;)

(I do like Dadny)

The thing is he didn't do that during games last year. It is fine to be agressive during practices, but it is the games that count. ;)

(I do like Dadny)

He doesn't have a torn calf or nagging wrist injury (yet--knock on wood) this year either. ;)

I'm pretty sure I recall him being very strong coming out of TC last year. Let's wait and see what he can offer us this year again.

Guest stevesaku

the way rds put it before tonights game montreals defence is as followed.

komisarek markov

hamrlik streit

and then there are the players who dont have their spot secure or who are battling for a spot. bouillon,dandy,o'byrne,gorges,brisebois.

in my personal opinion i would like to see gorges have a place on this team. i dont care who gets the other spot.

Guest silversnake

komisarek markov

hamrlik streit

and then there are the players who dont have their spot secure or who are battling for a spot. bouillon,dandy,o'byrne,gorges,brisebois.

in my personal opinion i would like to see gorges have a place on this team. i dont care who gets the other spot.

totally agree. gorges really impressed me in game 1. I found myself saying good job gorges a few times during the game. I really hope he gets a spot , I'm thinking bouillon because i remember him being a pretty good defense man and he knocked tucker a few times as well :) Will be interesting how it all unfolds.

Guest stevesaku
totally agree. gorges really impressed me in game 1. I found myself saying good job gorges a few times during the game. I really hope he gets a spot , I'm thinking bouillon because i remember him being a pretty good defense man and he knocked tucker a few times as well :) Will be interesting how it all unfolds.

yes i was leaning towards bouillon as well.

Guest CanadianMike

komisarek markov

hamrlik streit

and that is the way it should be. Those top 4 and I don't care who else gets in on D (but I will be rooting for Gorges (just because he rocks!).

There is a lot of hate for dandy/bouillon, but I think it is their contracts most fans hate!

and that is the way it should be. Those top 4 and I don't care who else gets in on D (but I will be rooting for Gorges (just because he rocks!).

There is a lot of hate for dandy/bouillon, but I think it is their contracts most fans hate!

Hate is a big word. I think that Franky soup can rebound from bad performance last year. It took him a long time to play well after his injury.

Dandy, he is big, he has experience, (3 cups) and he is fast. So why is he so below average! Between the hears? As for the 3 cup, he was a non factor - Detroit would have won without him.

Bottom line some new comers are going to have to displace them and I'm not sure that will happen (O'bryne?).

I think we'd be ok w/dandy/bouillion for #5 and #6 if none of the prospects make the team.And realistically,their contracts aren't bad at all in this era of free agency (both under 2m$ believe)

I just don't think we can play them as a pair. It's like Souray and Rivet; their styles just aren't compatible.

The assets that both possess are the same; speed and heart. Bouillon is a bit better physically, Dandenault is a bit better defensively. But neither are tremendous puck movers. Place either with Streit or Hamrlik and I think we'll see dramatic increases in efficiency...

I just don't think we can play them as a pair. It's like Souray and Rivet; their styles just aren't compatible.

The assets that both possess are the same; speed and heart. Bouillon is a bit better physically, Dandenault is a bit better defensively. But neither are tremendous puck movers. Place either with Streit or Hamrlik and I think we'll see dramatic increases in efficiency...

I agree that they cannot play together. They will have problems moving he puck out of our end.

I wouldn't be upset if Dandenault wound up on the second pairing with Hamrlik. I think Hamrlik's puck movement and physicality would complement Dandy's speed nicely. I also agree that Dandouillon is just a bad combination. Anyone remember the infamous Brisebois-Traverse pairing that made many fans (myself included) tear out their hair? Souray-Rivet is another pairing, as Jet pointed out, that just didn't work, even though both were and are good solid players.

I agree Weep. Even to pair him with Streit would be a good combination. Unfortunately, many will refute that Dandenault or Bouillon don't belong in the top four. But, I believe it's a short-sighted judgment; in Montreal, we've only seen him paired with Rivet and Bouillon, and possibly Niniimaa (I don't count the short stint he played with Streit, although they played quite well). Without discrediting any of those players, neither possess the puck-moving qualities of a guy like Hamrlik.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see. *shrug*

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK

Dandy played forward last night did he not? He almost scored too... right off the post... i think i like him more as a forward than a defencemen.

Archived