The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

27 Alex Kovalev 06-07

jl-1

As far as I'm concerned, I won't complain about it. To be totally truthful, I didn't see any of the pre-seasons' games and since I don't like relying on second hand biased opinions to make up my own, I prefer staying quiet until the season starts, when I can watch him play night in, night out. And the comments can be positive if he plays amazing, quiet if he plays so-so or a bit more negative if I feel he can do more... :D

Absolutely, JL, that's a good attitude to have. I just find it a bit depressing that the Kovalev thread is buzzing with activity when he's playing poorly, but very few people take the time to acknowledge when he plays well.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely, JL, that's a good attitude to have. I just find it a bit depressing that the Kovalev thread is buzzing with activity when he's playing poorly, but very few people take the time to acknowledge when he plays well.

Well when (notice no IF) Kovalev plays a good game, you and I will start conversations in here then! :lol:

He will mark my words

Man, I hope you're right. I don't generally think a good pre-season equals a good regular season, but he's showed a surprising amount of interest so far, so maybe he's going to be ready to go this year. We'll need him to carry the weight in the offensive zone, that's for sure.

if we get him producing like he did in 05-06 for us, then I believe a safe passage into a playoff position is attainable. Regardless how people feel, our offense relies a great deal on Kovalev's contribution. If he is on it for a full year again, he will not only produce more himself, but help others around him produce more, and possibly keep our PP in fine form.

Guest Miltie01
There is a reason why he gets paid 4.5 mill a year,

Which is cheap if he pulls out a good season..

But is also burdonsome if he pulls another no show !!!!

So far so good though.

Guest Miltie01
He's played with Kostisyn and Grabovski a lot, as well as Plekanec occasionally. He's looked good with all three, although he seems to have very good chemistry with Kostitsyn.

A Kostisyn-Koivu-Kovalev line would be just dandy, in my opinion.

Shockingly I agree !!!

And this would enable us to have a Higgins Pleks line with either Ryder or Smolinski on the other wing.

I do feel we have to keep Kovy with Kostitsyn, no matter who the centerman.

Shockingly I agree !!!

And this would enable us to have a Higgins Pleks line with either Ryder or Smolinski on the other wing.

I do feel we have to keep Kovy with Kostitsyn, no matter who the centerman.

Not to take this too far off topic, but

Kostitsyn-Koivu-Kovalev

Higgins-Plekanek-Ryder

Of course we know that it's going to be Koivu-Ryder and Plekanek-Kovalev, with the left wing up in the air.

Archived