The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

14 Tomas Plekanec 06-07

jl-1

Guest BadBrains

Mike who? Great game, Pleks. It's no coincidence that the offense clicked tonight. A big weight was lifted off the whole team's back with Ribeiro gone. Pleks is going to be a great all around hockey player for years in this league. And hopefully with the CH on the front of his jersey the whole time.

Guest zachary-jean

The Ribeiro trade is a HUGE opportunity for Plekanec and I, for one, hope he seizes the day. He has the potential to, and after his play against Ottawa, I'm confident he's up to the challenge. I hope he can keep it up all year, though.

Guest jfk0202

Liked this guy from traning camp last year...always thought he deserved a shot...congrats pleks!!! Hope this line stays together look for his numbers to sky rocket if it does...

Montreal's motto should be "Can we fix it? YES WE CAN!" :D

The organization has done a good job of finding new players in every role, through all forms of managing, trades, free agents, draft picks.

Guest Musketball
Montreal's motto should be "Can we fix it? YES WE CAN!" :D

The organization has done a good job of finding new players in every role, through all forms of managing, trades, free agents, draft picks.

Somebody has a 2 year old at home methinks!

Bob the Builder!

Guest Captain Koivu#11

I cant wait for the season to start. I really hope plekanec does well as second line center. I remember a few years back, I went to a Hamilton Bulldogs game, and the best players on the ice were Tomas Plekanec (although back then his number wasn't 35, it was 14 if my mind serves me right) and Josef Baleig (I cant remember how to spell his name). Ever since then, i've liked Plekanec.

Heres a question: If Plekanec does well enough being the second line center, that he would stay there the MAJORITY of the time, do you think that he could score 50-60pts this season, maybe even 65? Although 65pts might be a bit of a stretch. I think he is talented enough and his work ethic is pretty good. What do you guys think?

I love how in the Ribs trade thread some people were po'd about RIbs being traded and now there's no one to centre the Russians. Then all of a sudden like a Pierre McGuire BAM! Plecs is the #2 and tears it up. Plecs won me over big time last year when I saw him live. Now it's time for him to take the next step and he brings a lot to the table.

who was po'd about ribs being traded? and we all knew who should have been centering the 2nd line all along anyway

Guest Captain Koivu#11
who was po'd about ribs being traded? and we all knew who should have been centering the 2nd line all along anyway

I can tell you Mateus must be pretty pissed off that Ribs was traded lol.

Guest Captain Koivu#11
where is that guy anyway? guess he was a ribeiro fan and not a CH fan

Yeah, I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe hes in denial lol.

Guest CanadianMike

I "love" this guy. Watching him live last Sat...I couldn't stop telling my wife "look at him...he never stops...he works so hard & he will have a GREAT season"!

One of my fav Habs for sure.

im glad to see im not the only one who became plekanecs biggest fan, hes the total package reminds me of a small Forsberg. In the middle of last year i was telling my friends plekanec will put up datsuk numbers in two years, looks like he might do it this year playing with the russians. People are going to say he came out of nowhere but I can see alot of people see him coming.

What impresses me about Plekanec is the fact that he's so humble about his role on the team. In today's Gazette, he says: "I'm only a second-year player, I wasn't highly drafted and I spent three years in the minors with Hamilton. I didn't expect to be there [on the second line]." Great attitude, hard worker, soft hands -- should be a great fit between the Russians.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pleks a ton... but is he really the answer for the second line... after all he's smaller than Ribs was and only about 10lbs heavier. But he can skate and has smarts too... I hope it works out for him and he can handle the load. I still think Gainey is looking for a stronger, bigger, and proven centerman to eventually fill the spot though.

bw6

Guest newton

Well, we obviously can't judge the 2nd line by one stellar pre-season game but Pleks, unlike Ribeiro, is the complete package. He's good defensively and he doesn't shy away from physical play.

He can be our proven centerman - if Bob gives Tomas the chance to prove himself :D

Guest Musketball
Don't get me wrong, I like Pleks a ton... but is he really the answer for the second line... after all he's smaller than Ribs was and only about 10lbs heavier. But he can skate and has smarts too... I hope it works out for him and he can handle the load. I still think Gainey is looking for a stronger, bigger, and proven centerman to eventually fill the spot though.

bw6

Yvan Cournoyer, nuff said.

Yvan Cournoyer,  nuff said.
You could have said Saku Koivu too... in fact I compare Pleks to Koivu in terms of style... but is that what Gainey wants? The problem the way I see it, is that when the going gets tough both Kovalev and Samsonov may disappear and Pleks will be on his own... whereas a stronger and bigger centerman may give Kovy and Samsonov more courage and confidence as opposed to fear.

bw6

You could have said Saku Koivu too... in fact I compare Pleks to Koivu in terms of style... but is that what Gainey wants? The problem the way I see it, is that when the going gets tough both Kovalev and Samsonov may disappear and Pleks will be on his own... whereas a stronger and bigger centerman may give Kovy and Samsonov more courage and confidence as opposed to fear.

bw6

knowone isnt gonna scare kovalev into playing hard, its either he shows up or he doesnt

Archived