The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

42 Alexander Perezhogin

jl-1

Guest Musketball
He still has some major learning to do. He's definately shown flashes of brilliance last year and it looks like he'll most likely be starting on the fourth line this year...

It's really too bad, he was great at the start of last season. And the reason was Kovalev. There's little hope of that happening again (That match up that is) but I hope he can gel with whoever he's with, he is one darn good player given the right mix. Last year was a write off for most of the team, too much turmoil, hopefully a more stable organization this year will produce much better results from everyone.

It's really too bad,  he was great at the start of last season.  And the reason was Kovalev.  There's little hope of that happening again (That match up that is) but I hope he can gel with whoever he's with, he is one darn good player given the right mix. Last year was a write off for most of the team, too much turmoil, hopefully a more stable organization this year will produce much better results from everyone.
I agree with what you have said and hope the whole team will gel and produce better results.

bw6

Guest cup crazy88
Did you see Perez tonight??? A bright spot for the habs in this game against the Leafs. He looks like he wants to play hard even if its only on the third line this year... adds an element of speed, hits and did you see that shot off the post... go Perez go!

bw6

Yeah he is great youngster, I have liked him since he made the team last year, hope that he continues his strong play.. I would also really like to see him in a shootout, the kid has some moves!

Guest FirstStar

I agree, he surprised me several times last yr. I wondered at times, if it was due to playing with Koivu but, he has been playing well this yr as well. He did work hard tonight, he seems to love the game and that means more to me, than a team of heartless superstars...You need heart and a love of the game, otherwise, the wins don't seem as sweet.

Thanx JL for bringing this up, been noticing this kid for a while now. I was wondering if I was the only one who saw it.

And oh ya...Hats off to Abby tonight, he played an amazing game.

Guest Tony Montana

Ye he was everywhere, perfect fit with bonk and johnson who are more slower players. I found tht our d alwasy pass him the puck breaking out cuz he gets open with his speed and iono he was just everywehre, hitting to cyclying to deking,passing,shooting. He does not compare to latendrse at all i dont see how people were picking lats over him.

Guest Kovalev #27

You know what? He my favorite player on the ice so far this season. His speed is the key. He reminds me of Afinogenov, who can go like 90 mph per hour and still manage to create a great play.

Don't trade him, don't send him to the minors. He is the one who provides energy with his linemates. Although he only got like 10 minutes tonight, his line was the best on the ice vs. the Leafs.

Guest f30marco

i agree he was awesome last night against the leafs and really showed that he deserves to be on this team. i have second thoughts about maybe trading him away no! he looked big outthere and he hit like any other player on the team, no ribiero here, the way the habs played in th first two games i feel very confident in a playoff birth.

His one chance and he rang it off the crossbar, the organization has been moronic when it has came to handling him, he's wasted on the 3rd/4th line.

he did look very good last night but whom would you take off the 1st or 2nd line to give him a chance ?

Samsonov, he doesn't impress me at all. I'm not going to question his skill, but taking away a prospects spot for a career 20-goal-scorer doesn't make sense to me at all, Perezhogin could get 20 on that line and further improve.

Guest cup crazy88
Samsonov, he doesn't impress me at all. I'm not going to question his skill, but taking away a prospects spot for a career 20-goal-scorer doesn't make sense to me at all, Perezhogin could get 20 on that line and further improve.

you cant jsut keep shuffling every line if they have a bad game, you gotta let people a chance to gel together.. give them at least another 2-3 weeks, if nothing at all by then, at that point you can look to change it up possibly

you cant jsut keep shuffling every line if they have a bad game, you gotta let people a chance to gel together.. give them at least another 2-3 weeks, if nothing at all by then, at that point you can look to change it up possibly

I didn't say anything about shuffling lines right away, I said I never liked getting Samsonov, as aforementioned I don't see what he does as a 20-goal scorer that Perozhogin can't do, and we'd be able to develop him.

I also am not suggesting we change lines right away, but how I felt it should've been done right from the get-go, without Samsonov, but you're right, we have to sit still for 2-3weeks and cringe.

Guest f30marco

i think perezhogin has really shined so far this season and deserves to be on this team as much as any body else. he's playing hard everygame, he's active with the puck and last but mot least and maybe the best thing about him now is that he hits!! he has been very tough lately dishing out good hits and just tonight i some push his wait around again like he was born for it! if he keeps this up he will be a sure bet on this team for along time. keep up the hard work perogi....i had my doubts about you early on in the season but i have 180'ed and am considering you a non expendible player from what youve been doing on the ice this season! keep it up!!

He's impressed me a lot lately. Strong on the forecheck, and lot better with the puck, aggressive in one-on-one battles along the boards, great speed.

It looks like he's actually having fun again, back like when he played with Koivu and Kovalev for the first time.

I hope he can keep it up, because he's a definite threat on that third line.

He certainly doesn't look out of place with Johnson and Bonk out there. He's made some great defensive plays out there which is really impressive and I like the way he controls the puck down low... his style is not without reminding me of a mini-Kovalev. That must be the influence his mentor has on him!

Guest Thibodosa
He certainly doesn't look out of place with Johnson and Bonk out there. He's made some great defensive plays out there which is really impressive and I like the way he controls the puck down low... his style is not without reminding me of a mini-Kovalev. That must be the influence his mentor has on him!

i agree, this year so far, he has played really good and has also impressed me with his down low coverage and puck possention... he use to loose it alot... and although it still happens,, hes stronger on the puck and is making smart decisions

Archived