The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sheldon Souray

jl-1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like him even though he seems to be on the hockey hi-light reels for all the wrong reasons

But seeing as he's going to be an UFA next year and will , I 'm guessing only, seek big bucks ( which NHL player doesn't ) if BG can move him to anoither team for another D man that is already signed and is cheaper I'm all for it

I do like him , but in the econcomics of the NHL I'm not sure he will fit in with Montreal next year

I like him even though he seems to be on the hockey hi-light reels for all the wrong reasons

But seeing as he's going to be an UFA next year and will , I 'm guessing only, seek big bucks ( which NHL player doesn't ) if BG can move him to anoither team for another D man that is already signed and is cheaper I'm all for it  

I do like him , but in the econcomics of the NHL I'm not sure he will fit in with Montreal next year

How about this year? I like him too and we need his size out there... but geez, the mental lapses at the worst of times really makes me wonder if we could get anything better for him sometimes... Would Mark Streit have done better I'm asking myself right now (he was one of the best dimen in camp this year).

bw6

Guest voicemajor2000

Keep Souray!!!! I like this guy! PLUS, he's won the Norris trophy three time son my NHL 06 dynasty. EASoprts can't be THAT off about him... can they?

Guest Godfather

he caused 2 goals...but in his defence he did help score one...he was playin smart for the most part today and he made small mistakes on a team who will capitilize on them. Tomrrow i hope he'll work the kinks out?

Guest Miltie01
I never liked him

Trade Him

I always have liked him.....

But I think they will trade him due to UFA status and his desire to be near his daughter. Better to keep Markov so will move him.

Keep Souray!!!! I like this guy! PLUS, he's won the Norris trophy three time son my NHL 06 dynasty. EASoprts can't be THAT off about him... can they?

The attribute ''brain'' can't be put into a game.

Sheldon Souray is Aki Berg with a shot. I still like him though, as he is the most brutal player in the NHL (ask Darren McCarty).

I personally think Sheldon is gonna be traded at sometime this season. I think they are gonna re-sign Markov and Rivet and just gonna package Sheldon with maybe Abby for a top 4 D in return. I am a big fan of Sheldon but they arent gonna pay him after this season so why not trade him and get something in return.

Guest gocupcrazy_0607

I think that we need to keep this guy big time. He's our main offensive d-man, and has improved his defence big time since last year(in my opinion) I know he will be looking for the big bucks but if there is any wway we can keep him we should

Guest Musketball
I think that we need to keep this guy big time.  He's our main offensive d-man, and has improved his defence big time since last year(in my opinion)  I know he will be looking for the big bucks but if there is any wway we can keep him we should

Certainly not for big bucks.

He played a bit better tonight, but he still pulls that bonehead pylon move to the left of our goalie... Watch him, he stays just out of the blue paint, facing the goalie, anyone can just stay just behind him and score. We're going to get bit OFTEN by this play if he doesn't smarten up.

Fact is, as much as Souray can sometimes look bad in certain plays, we absolutely can't do without him right now. He brings character and grit. Not to mention that shot of his. It's like Souray is becoming the fan's and media's favorite whipping post, but if you look around on the D, he's doing ok. All the defensemen have made their share of mistakes already but it seems people are all focussed on Souray's mistakes.

Guest FirstStar

Look, Souray is human like everyone else, he's gonna make mistakes...Even our super sniper Kovy has made some; Let me just put it this way, if it wasn't for his riffle from the point tonight, we wouldn't have won the game. Sure he's got some aspects of his game, that need improvement but, who doesn't. When he's in the zone, he's one of the most dangerous players on the ice. And from what i saw, his shoulder is doin' just fine.

On another note, hats off to Johnson, Abby and Ryder for a great game!

It's always nice to beat the leafs, in their own building!

Guest SHELDON SOURAY 44

He played a bit better tonight,  but he still pulls that bonehead pylon move to the left of our goalie... Watch him, he stays just out of the blue paint, facing the goalie, anyone can just stay just behind him and score.  We're going to get bit OFTEN by this play if he doesn't smarten up.

Guess you must have missed MARKOV'S bonehead plays also then!!

:D

Fact is, as much as Souray can sometimes look bad in certain plays, we absolutely can't do without him right now. He brings character and grit. Not to mention that shot of his. It's like Souray is becoming the fan's and media's favorite whipping post, but if you look around on the D, he's doing ok.  All the defensemen have made their share of mistakes already but it seems people are all focussed on Souray's mistakes.

I agree! Souray a peut-être le dos large, mais il ne faut pas exagérer...The comments should focus on 25 minutes of ice time, no penalty's, opening goal and the first star!

Oh well, Montreal will be Montreal!

Guest gocupcrazy_0607

Without him are powerplay almost seems useless... If he's not the one scoreing, or grabbing an assist, he's the one opening up the defence (because they want to watch his shot) so that a sniper like kovy or ryder can sneak in a shoot.

I don't know why people are fans of Souray, Sure he has the fastest slap shot in the NHL but that is it. He is a defenseman that can not play defense. I think that we should either trade him or make him a defensive offenceman. let him just take one timers. He is killing this team. The other teams just fly by him. Please tell me what you guys think.

Hellguns

I don't know why people are fans of Souray, Sure he has the fastest slap shot in the NHL but that is it. He is a defenseman that can not play defense. I think that we should either trade him or make him a defensive offenceman. let him just take one timers. He is killing this team. The other teams just fly by him. Please tell me what you guys think.

Hellguns

I've merged your thread with this existing one. I encourage you to read the Hot Topics thread at the top of this section and use our very powerful search engine before starting new topics.

Thanks. :D

Archived