The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

51 Francis Bouillon 06-07

jl-1

Guest Handlanger
If thats the case, I would not be surprised if some changes where to happen to our D via a trade.

If that's true, then I don't see a trade. Why get another D, we still have enough and Streit is doing very well so far.

And there's Jean Philippe Côté, when he'll be back of his injury. He could be the 7th D

We have enough D...but too much are injured, that's the problem. :-P

Guest BadBrains
I heard yesterday that Bouillon could be out of play for the rest of the season and that he needed another surgery. :?

That's a really bad news...

That is bad news. But on the bright side, if he is out for the year, his salary is not counting against the cap because he is on injured reserve. Correct me if I'm wrong there....

That means almost 2 million available if we need to go out and get more depth on the blue line.

That is bad news. But on the bright side, if he is out for the year, his salary is not counting against the cap because he is on injured reserve. Correct me if I'm wrong there....

That means almost 2 million available if we need to go out and get more depth on the blue line.

If that's true, that definately hurts. His speed and physical play could really hlep the team out.

But on the other hand, you're correct. If we need anyone at the trade deadline, 2 million plus the bit we're under the cap now turns into any rental player we want (only need to pay the last 1/3 (ish) of their salary. Not that I'm saying we should get anyone, but it gives us options.

Also, I hope Cote gets a shot. Depending who's injured, him and Streit are good replacements.

Guest TORHABSFAN
I heard yesterday that Bouillon could be out of play for the rest of the season and that he needed another surgery. :?

That's a really bad news...

do you have a link for this? I have not heard anything like this at all.... Its not on any websites either.

I find this hard to believe.. I think your source may be fooling you.

They have been saying for a while now he is going to be back in december and until I see otherwise on TSN, Sportsnet, CBC or RDS than thats what I will believe..

WE really need Boullion he is a hard guy to replace and I don't think a freed up $2 mil will help very much at this point.

Any news on his status ?

I still rememeber the end to end rush he made in playoffs last year and if he is capable of doing that on a semi regular basis I think it will help the D ' cause right now the current D do not appear to be a very mobile bunch of guys and in the " new " NHL I think you need to have a half decent puck carrying D man .

Guest theflower
do you have a link for this?  I have not heard anything like this at all....  Its not on any websites either.  

I find this hard to believe..  I think your source may be fooling you.

They have been saying for a while now he is going to be back in december and until I see otherwise on TSN, Sportsnet, CBC or RDS than thats what I will believe..

WE really need Boullion he is a hard guy to replace and I don't think a freed up $2 mil will help very much at this point.

god I hope this isnt true we really need the cube right now. But with Sammy and his attitude we might be able to trade him to a team that needs a fast forward and grab a decent D-man in return. That might have to be a solution and considering what we got for Ribs I'm sure Sammy could get us a decent #5 or #6 young faster D-man

....  But with Sammy and his attitude we might be able to trade him to a team that needs a fast forward .........

lol....Montreal needs a fast forward and considering he was an UFA anyone could have had him so why would they want him now for two years @ $3.5 m

Guest theflower
lol....Montreal needs a fast forward and considering he was an UFA anyone could have had him so why would they want him now for two years @ $3.5 m

Because Reg there are some desperate teams out there already this early in the year and Sammy does have some street value. Look at Philly they are dying for any kind of team speed at all and lets not forget NYI they are so messed up with Snow at the top and Wang out of his mind you can almost make a deal with them blind and they would take it. Trust me alot of GM's out there are not that bright. As far as team speed goes Grabs is as fast as Sammy and Chips in much much faster than Latendresse so our team speed would improve with those to moves.

Guest Musketball
oh no! no boillion for year..we're done . clean house...seriously,  so what. he's 5'6 170 and scores 4-5 goals a year.we'll be fine

Ok, brilliant stats there. And I would agree he'd be bad IF HE WAS A FORWARD...

Guest Musketball
yeah that size really helps in corners and front of net

Next time, get the size right.....

5'8" 201lbs.

He is by far the hardest working D we have. 2nd would be Komisarek

Guest Handlanger
yeah that size really helps in corners and front of net

It does, Bouillon is not a genius, but probably our most fearless hitter. He goes into the corner, he goes to the net - and he cleans the big guys out, despite his 5.6

Next time,  get the size right.....

5'8" 201lbs.

He is by far the hardest working D we have.  2nd would be Komisarek

You're right about the size and weight........

and I agree with your comment.:D

Guest 60islove

bouillon does work exceptionally hard and for his size he is quit the train.

god, i cannot wait to see him on the habs blue line once more, he's like a security blanket - i feel like our D is naked without him ! :D

bouillon does work exceptionally hard and for his size he is quit the train.

god, i cannot wait to see him on the habs blue line once more, he's like a security blanket - i feel like our D is naked without him ! :D

I agree, we need to get this guy back in our lineup ASAP, with him and Dandenault out we simply don't have much speed back there, and we're asking guys to play above their means to make up for the loss... (I personally believe Rivet is still hurt from that blocked shot and is only playing because of our injuries on D right now)

Can't wait to see this guy back out there, he's the Begin of the blueline, he brings so much energy in so many different ways, a big here, a great rush, he even chips in the odd goal.

Guest GoHabsGo9

Does anyone know when Bouillon is expected back? I know it was originally beginning of November, and then was pushed back to somewhere in December. What are they saying now?

Guest Greek Hab
Last I heard, the status of the injury was "indefinite". However, when he does return, I'm sure he'll have a spot in the lineup, as we have him locked up for a few years after this, and he'll become a huge part of the future core of the defensive unit.

Couldn't have said it better. Another player who I'm missing right now is Mathieu. He's just like Francis, plays hard for the whole 60 min. They'd make a good d-man duo.

Couldn't have said it better. Another player who I'm missing right now is Mathieu. He's just like Francis, plays hard for the whole 60 min. They'd make a good d-man duo.

Plays hard, throws big, energetic hits, brings lots of energy. That pretty much characterizes both of them. However, the speed they bring along with the energy makes them who they are IMO.

Archived