The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

57 Garth Murray 06-07

jl-1

You know what I can't believe out of this whole Murray ordeal? We trade Marcel Hossa for this guy. Mind you we have a ton of Marcel Hossa's but like someone said - this type of player is a dime a dozen. The worst part of this is that we have no use for him anymore, yet he is going to consume a roster spot.

You know what I can't believe out of this whole Murray ordeal? We trade Marcel Hossa for this guy. Mind you we have a ton of Marcel Hossa's but like someone said - this type of player is a dime a dozen. The worst part of this is that we have no use for him anymore, yet he is going to consume a roster spot.

Wrong.

He is the only hab who will go out there and defend are players, Look at anaheim last year.. They had the most fm and won the stanley cup. Not saying he would do that for are team, but having somone out there who will respond to somthing dirty is obviously somthing every team needs.

Guest 71ribeiro71
Wrong.

He is the only hab who will go out there and defend are players, Look at anaheim last year.. They had the most fm and won the stanley cup. Not saying he would do that for are team, but having somone out there who will respond to somthing dirty is obviously somthing every team needs.

Sorry but your wrong...

Anaheim had alot of those fights and PIMs because of a player from port hope named Shane O'brien... he was traded to tampa bay i believe near deadline... therefore all those pim and fights had nothing to do with their playoff run...

and try and say that players won't stick up for eachother again...thats rediculas... Lapierre, latendresse, chipchura, kostoplas(whatever), komisarek, hamrlik to name a few that i think would make a strong case... also even when the habs were tiny i noticed they stuck together...

just checked... shane o'brien had 176 pim 4th highest in league... next highest was 102 pim... which souray was well over and komisarek was close behind... either way i find it dumb to compare playoff success by how many minutes your in the box for

either way i say buy out or trade murray... nothing but a waste of money with all the youngsters moving up

Archived