The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

57 Garth Murray 06-07

jl-1

Guest shanahan1024

Murrays time here is done, Maxim Lapiere is younger, and does everything Garth does and much much more, its a matter of time before hes sent to Hamilton. If I was Garth id keep smiling, keep coming out to practice and skating hard and keep collecting his NHL salary and not come out and complain abot his lack of game time.

Murrays time here is done, Maxim Lapiere is younger, and does everything Garth does and much much more, its a matter of time before hes sent to Hamilton. If I was Garth id keep smiling, keep coming out to practice and skating hard and keep collecting his NHL salary and not come out and complain abot his lack of game time.
I think he's heading south when Higginjs returns... and Kostitsyn stays up

Guest thunder1711
I think he's heading south when Higginjs returns... and Kostitsyn stays up

Which makes no sense as to why Downey wouldnt be the one going down. Somehow I doubt Bob, who actually likes Garth, will make the call to demote Garth and let Downey stay up. With a straight face can you say that Downey adds anything to the team that Garth can't(besides terrible skating and even worse hands?)

Which makes no sense as to why Downey wouldnt be the one going down. Somehow I doubt Bob, who actually likes Garth, will make the call to demote Garth and let Downey stay up. With a straight face can you say that Downey adds anything to the team that Garth can't(besides terrible skating and even worse hands?)
Frankly... I can't see either adding much to the Habs line-up with the talent waiting to step up... like Kostitsyn and Lapierre and if you want some toughness Ferland is available too.

Guest habs_fan1160

Hmm, this guy has been pretty much invisible this season.

Don't hear much about him unless he's turning the puck over.

I'm not too impressed with Murray's performace this year, nor have I been impressed with his performance in the past.

Guest thunder1711

Played well on Saturday. Had 3 hits in almost no ice time. Made nice passes and beat his man down the ice at the END of a shift to create a two on one with Pleks. So ya, I think he played well last game. He's great IMO, Gainey knows it, there's a reason he wasn't sent down and Kostiysn was.

Played well on Saturday. Had 3 hits in almost no ice time. Made nice passes and beat his man down the ice at the END of a shift to create a two on one with Pleks. So ya, I think he played well last game. He's great IMO, Gainey knows it, there's a reason he wasn't sent down and Kostiysn was.

Because Kostitsyn makes more money and we needed more cap space to allow Bouillon to play.

Guest habinto
Because Kostitsyn makes more money and we needed more cap space to allow Bouillon to play.

I do not think it is that simple. IT's not about the cap space neither make big bucks. Even if Kostit make more he should be given a chance to play with the big boys because of his upside. Call it an investment.

So this means that we are missing something. Maybe Carbo does not like Kostit's performance or work ethic or Gainey is/was brewing something like a trade.

I do not understand it.

Murray brings a different thing to the game and we need that on the 4th line. I just do not understand why his play seems worse than last year.

I do not think it is that simple.  IT's not about the cap space neither make big bucks.  Even if Kostit make more he should be given a chance to play with the big boys because of his upside.  Call it an investment.

So this means that we are missing something.  Maybe Carbo does not like Kostit's performance or work ethic or Gainey is/was brewing something like a trade.

I do not understand it.

Murray brings a different thing to the game and we need that on the 4th line.  I just do not understand why his play seems worse than last year.

Carb said Kos was sent down because he didn't show enough to want to stay in the lineup... Murray is another thing altogether... he just hasn't fit into the Habs plans so far this year if you ask me.

Guest raydourque

Just give him some time to get a rhythm going...he's just lost his confidence out there. he needs some fights, blocked shots and a goal to get the swing going again.

Guest natey2k4
Careful...

I really don't see why you make a remark towards him. In all honesty, he's just being as negative as everyone else. Every game players get put down, and if we were to follow the rules to a tee, you wouldn't be able to critisize a player.

Sure this remark is a smart one, but it's probably half joking. Murray has really let us down, after having such an amazing season just last year.

That's just as negative as every other comment in this thread, so really.. where do we, the members stand, for negativity?

Just give him some time to get a rhythm going...he's just lost his confidence out there. he needs some fights, blocked shots and a goal to get the swing going again.

True, looks like whaterver he does it turns bad... if a puck gets deflected its on him, if a hockey breaks in the defensive zone its his, etc... sure he's playing bad bud damn! he's not getting any breaks!

Still think he should go though, average 4th liners are :two: a dozen!

I really don't see why you make a remark towards him. In all honesty, he's just being as negative as everyone else. Every game players get put down, and if we were to follow the rules to a tee, you wouldn't be able to critisize a player.  

Sure this remark is a smart one, but it's probably half joking. Murray has really let us down, after having such an amazing season just last year.  

That's just as negative as every other comment in this thread, so really.. where do we, the members stand, for negativity?

I have to agree with you..there is nothing that the prior person said that should warrent a warning. Its on the border line rediculous that someone can't say "just tonight?". We are now being forced to chear for people who play bad or have a bad game?

Guest 4beforeorr

Murray is one of those guy's you feel sorry for in a way. You see that intensity in his eyes, and his desire to make an impact for the good of the team. But for some reason, we're not seeing the same guy that we did last year. Maybe he's trying too hard, or maybe bad luck, or maybe both. I just feel like i'm watching one of those movies, where this bad luck, down and out guy is just trying to get his feet back on the ground, and the harder he try's to do the right thing the more that goes wrong. I don't know how much faith the coaching staff will put into Garth, but i hope for his sake, and the team, that he can turn it around.

I've deleted a couple of comments...

By using the Montreal Canadiens’ Fan Forum, you agree to not post any of the following material:

• Personal attacks against users of this board and any Montreal Canadiens administrator, coach, player, or prospect

Questions? PM a moderator. Let's stay on topic.

Guest CanadianMike
I feel like he is by far the worst hab on the ice tonight. Horrible game, takes penalities, scores in his own net...what's next?

agree. I feel bad for him, but he needs to sit. He is having a terrible season so far. Not impressed AT ALL.

Guest habs_fan1160
agree. I feel bad for him, but he needs to sit. He is having a terrible season so far. Not impressed AT ALL.

I feel bad for him too, he needs to sit out. More or less most of the season that they've played him he's just embarassed himself, you can tell he's frustrated and has lost any form of confidence that he had last year.

I'm not impressed this season.

Murray was just unlucky yesterday... After he deflected the puck in his own net accedently, that didn't really help things.

Yes, I admit he took bad penalties, but I did see him make a couple good plays.

Guest habs_fan1160
Murray was just unlucky yesterday... After he deflected the puck in his own net accedently, that didn't really help things.

Yes, I admit he took bad penalties, but I did see him make a couple good plays.

He has had a pretty "unlucky" season so far.

Guest 4beforeorr

I think the best thing for him, next game he play's, is to try to keep it simple. He'll make less mistakes, and gain more confidence. Then he could turn it up a notch.

Archived