The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mike Ribeiro

jl-1

Guest Boneski
Whatever... Its Ribs who is carring Lindros not the other way around.  Lindros sucks!!  Ribs will prove that as soon as Lindros gets hurt... that can't be much longer!

no dout lindros sucks but ribs sucks even more hahahaha!

Guest P.Royfan

I think the only reason Ribs is playing good right now is cause he is trying to prove a point. Look at the last 2 seasons with Montreal. He would get benched then he would come out racking the ponts up just like he is now.

Guest habs_fan1160
Hahahahaha Is all I can say about Ribs...

I watched the game I think it was on Friday and he did absolutely nothing... Lindros and Morrow ( I thinks it's Morrow) work there butts off and totally control the play down low and Ribs just floats and floats and skates circles waiting for loose pucks...

If you planted a pylon in front of the net Lindros would bank it in off that, and I don't even like lindros.  

Mikey Sir-Floats-A-Lot Riberio

I agree...of course you can pick up points when you're on a big line that does all the work and you just float in front of the net.

Doesn't take much tallent to do that.

How does Lindors suck ? In 13 games this season he has 11 points and in 724 career games he has 850 points. Why does he suck? because he wouldn't play for Quebec? I dont like The Big E either, and I would not want him on my team, and he is very injury prone and is in general just a big goof, but i cant see how he "sucks".

well put. I don't like him and he is very injury prone, but there's no denying his skill.

I agree...of course you can pick up points when you're on a big line that does all the work and you just float in front of the net.

well then i guess its samsonov and perez's fault that kovy aint that high up huh?

sorry boys, but ribs is quite talented and does have the habbit of being at the right place at the right time.

keep at it ribs my boy!

rake those points in!

-Matt

• 2 weeks later...
How does Lindors suck ? In 13 games this season he has 11 points and in 724 career games he has 850 points. Why does he suck? because he wouldn't play for Quebec? I dont like The Big E either, and I would not want him on my team, and he is very injury prone and is in general just a big goof, but i cant see how he "sucks".

Right on. He is (was) a supreme talent. If it wasnt for his concussion problems, the guy would be looked at as a top 10 all time player, imo. At his prime he was maybe the most unstoppable player in the league - he could go around you or just right through you.

Anyway, this is a thread about Ribs & it seems like those 2 are clicking pretty well.

Ok, I wouldn't go as far to say that.. He's actually playing well over there, although he still isn't a fit for this team. He just finally has wingers that compliment his play I guess.

GO RIBS GO!!!!!hmmm...we traded a guy who is scoring goals for a guy who is letting goals in...hmmm ANYWAYS...CONGRATS MIKEYYYY

my thoughts exactly;)

and xtina: no doubt, he is smoking on fire!:D

i just want him taking goal scoring lessons from modano, not brindamour, yknow what i mean:rofl:

-Matt

GO RIBS GO!!!!!hmmm...we traded a guy who is scoring goals for a guy who is letting goals in...hmmm ANYWAYS...CONGRATS MIKEYYYY

Too bad he couldn't do in Montreal what he IS doing in Dallas. He even admits that there was too much pressure and stress playing in Montreal. Which probably goes back to why UFA's don't want to come to Montreal. It's a new breed of player in the NHL .

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/20...404690-sun.html

Lindros and Ribeiro enjoying being out of the spotlight ...

you're an unrestricted free agent next summer and looking to get away from it all, Dallas might be the place for you.

Eric Lindros and Mike Ribeiro, who became Stars this season after playing in Toronto and Montreal respectively, are finding that the only thing that might not be bigger in Texas is the spotlight.

"There's less pressure and there's less stress," Ribeiro said.

"We're just here to play. I'm happy to move on. I had great times in Montreal, played for my dream team growing up there, but I think it's time for me to start a new life."

Guest Habanero

Although I am not a Mike Ribs fan, I do readily acknowledge he has some skill.

I think that article is one of the reasons Mikey had to go from Montreal. B/c he wasn't able to focus and had many distractions in Mtl to deal with.

I'm not surprised Mike is doing well in Dallas... and putting points on the board. He was able to do that in MTl.

My problem with Mike is that if Mtl wanted to make a run deep into the playoffs, Mike's style of game didn't do as well in the playoffs...

Compare for ex. Kovalev's playoff points to Ribs playoff points.... Kovalev's production goes up... Mikes goes down... Obviously Kovalev has had more time to prove himself as hopefully Ribs proves himself over the years...

But my point is that I'm glad to see Ribs gone for the simple reason I would like to see a cup in Mtl... Too much was asked of Mike for the style of game he played. No offense but he's not a leader in the NHL... he's a guy that can help out the leader.

Guest 60islove

mike was on fire yesterday night, i am utterly estatic for him. he deserves to do good, and i'm super hyper REALLLY REALLY happy he's stickin' it to the haterzzz

mikeyRIBS is straightttttt balllaaa <3

(ps. god, i miss him.)

(pps. all of you who upon hearing about the niinny/ribeiro trade were like YES OMG WE ***** DALLAS WHAT IDIOTS HAHAHA...i guess they're thinking the same thing about us right about...now!)

Guest SuperHabsFan

nice game by ribs last night,

lol niinimaa gets benched and ribeiro scores 2 goals.

I always said we got robbed by dallas in that deal, but I think it's time to move on.

Archived