Canadiens de Montreal

73 Michael Ryder 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Musketball
ryder will have 40 playing with mr.koivu for a full season

I don't expect 40, but if he would pass more, his helpers would rise dramatically shooting his point total up. That was really lacking with Ryder, starting with the lockout year when he played in sweden. His assists dropped from that point. Consider our highest point player Kovalev, 23 goals, but 42 assists. Get Ryder to do that, and he could be the top of the heap.

He is an awsome player if only he could get more assists he could be this teams top player!

I hear what you're saying, but as far as I'm concerned, he can score 45 goals and Saku can assist on all of them and I'll be happy with Ryder! :D

Ryder is going to get 40 this year. The burst he displayed on that break off the faceoff against Ottawa was astounding.

Dude man, i don't know if you were at the game, but that was wicked to watch. i was right against hte boards for the ottawa end and saw him come in. the look in his eyes.. intense. he is a pure goal scorer hungry for the net

40... he could hit it if he stays healthy with koivu...

Guest habs_fan1160

I think he'll do good this season.

However, if he doesn't I would say trade him in the off season while he still has trade value.

I like Ryder and I think he's an important part of who the Habs are, I hope to see him do well this year.

As for 40+ I'm not sure, he definitley has the potential, he just seems more of a "shoot" guy than a guy who plays smart.

I think he'll do good this season.

However, if he doesn't I would say trade him in the off season while he still has trade value.

I like Ryder and I think he's an important part of who the Habs are, I hope to see him do well this year.

As for 40+ I'm not sure, he definitley has the potential, he just seems more of a "shoot" guy than a guy who plays smart.

I wouldn't want Ryder to try to play too smart and hope he continues to play the way he can best... and that (IMO) is as a 'finisher'... what the Habs need more of (Kovalev's best season he was more of a finisher with the Pens than a set-up man)

bw6

Guest habs_fan1160

I don't mean for him to play like Kovy or Koivu, I know he's more of a finisher. But sometimes watching him all you can think is "man if he would have hung on for 2 seconds more..."

I love Ryder, brings great tallent to the team.

He just makes me nervous.

I don't mean for him to play like Kovy or Koivu, I know he's more of a finisher. But sometimes watching him all you can think is "man if he would have hung on for 2 seconds more..."

I love Ryder, brings great tallent to the team.  

He just makes me nervous.

What makes you nervous... I get exited when he has the puck...

bw6

Guest habs_fan1160

He get's so many good chances, and more often than not he doesn't capatalize on them.

I think it's that extra second that he needs to hang onto the puck for.

He is speedy though and I love watching his speed burts, espicially when he finishes off the play. That's exciting to watch.

He get's so many good chances, and more often than not he doesn't capatalize on them.

He is speedy though and I love watching his speed burts, espicially when he finishes off the play. That's exciting to watch.

Yeah... he seems faster than last year and as though he has dropped some weight. Do you think like some last season that he is a defensive liability still?

bw6

Guest gottaHABit

Ryder had the third highest shooting percentage (.123) among our regular playing forwards last year ... same as Koivu, better than Kovalev. I don't think he wastes that many opportunities.

Archived