Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BooFA1010

Canadiens Magazine

281 posts in this topic

Well June is not over yet. :P

I can't tell you, I have to admit that I didn't read the last magazine from April.

Yep, next issue was said to be published in June... too bad there was no playoff drive to write about.

Hopefully it's out soon, I miss my reading material!! -_-

I was at loblaws today and saw an issue on the rack. I was just wondering if it is actually worth it. Is there that much information/interesting articles in there to warrant a 3 year subscription?

if you love the habs its worth it plus for a 3 year subscription you get a pair of free tickets ;)

Anybody got any older issues they want to rid themselves of??

Looks like a new issue is out! B)

COVER_MAG-SALE-217.jpg

IN THIS ISSUE

Survival of the Fittest

Against all odds, Francis Bouillon has managed to scratch and claw his way to the NHL. Already busy punishing himself in the gym in preparation for the 2007-08 season, the feisty blueliner needn't be reminded what got him where he is today--hard work.

Doggone Good

All NHL teams wish they could gaze into a crystal ball and see the future. For Canadiens GM Bob Gainey, that wish may have been partially granted with Carey Price and the Hamilton Bulldogs winning the Calder Cup this past June.

Diamonds in the Rough

Understandably, first-round picks attract most of the attention come draft time. Subsequent rounds, however also yield players who go on to enjoy extended NHL careers, just without the fanfare or media glare. The Canadiens current lineup is filled filled with players who slipped beneath the radar on draft day, much to the delight of the Habs' scouting staff.

History in the Making

Often crumpled in one's pocket and overlooked, a Habs game ticket still boasts a remarkable history. For 98 years going on 99, the Canadiens have sworn one company to print the hottest ticket in town--D. English.

Blast from the Past

The now-famous collision between Canadiens legends Maurice Richard and Elmer Lach upon winning the Stanley Cup in 1953 certainly left its mark. Even today, Lach's face is definite proof of that.

Tim Hortons Future Watch

Offensive-minded defensemen are worth their weight in gold in today's NHL. The Canadiens had that fact in mind when they reached out to slick blueliner David Fischer in the opening round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

The Last Word

World-class diver turned actor Alexandre Despatie took time from his hectic schedule to answer a few questions about what he's got on the go these days as he prepares for the upcoming Olympics in Beijing.

On the Fly

- Rejean Houle's Mission to Afghanistan

- My iPod List: Carey Price

- Habs First Jobs

- Canadiens at the Barbershop

- Habs Golden Years

- Another Maxim(e) Lapierre?

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/magazine/vol21no7.html

Finally :D

A free pair of tickets for the 3-year subscription? Really? I signed up for the 3-year deal this morning at 60$ but I thought it was just a free baseball cap! (tickets would be so much cooler)

A free pair of tickets for the 3-year subscription? Really? I signed up for the 3-year deal this morning at 60$ but I thought it was just a free baseball cap! (tickets would be so much cooler)

Yup, it's a pair of tickets ;):D

Ahh, but the website says a baseball cap.. https://secure.indas.on.ca/care/les/subscribe.php

Or do you get both? (Please say yes, I don't want to hear that I missed out on the tickets offer!)

Oops, I think the promotion changed... sorry for giving you false information :o:huh: It is a cap afterall.

Oh bloody... :(

Guess I can't email them and ask for the old promotion huh? lol

Oh bloody... :(

Guess I can't email them and ask for the old promotion huh? lol

dam that sucks i would much rather have the ticket offer buttt finally a new issue i cant wait for it to come in the mail :)

Quick question...does anyone know if the Canadiens magazine on the main site is in English or French? If it's in English I'm thinking of subscribing, but the cover is mostly French.

Thanks.

got mine in the mail today:) ..... to bad i finished it within 20 minutes :( oh welll ill be waiting for the next one

Just got hte issue today to ba about the promotional change two free tickites are nice im still waiting for mine but a hat is still good to

what happened to the mega poster cause Markov's would have been the next one to come out and since i ripped Sourays poster of my wall i have a gap were he use to be which i was hoping to fill with Markov's poster o well i guess

There's no magazine during the summer. The next one will be out in september or something like that for the training camp.

says who? Got one today. We're in July, eh? HA! :P:P

Just got hte issue today to ba about the promotional change two free tickites are nice im still waiting for mine but a hat is still good to

what happened to the mega poster cause Markov's would have been the next one to come out and since i ripped Sourays poster of my wall i have a gap were he use to be which i was hoping to fill with Markov's poster o well i guess

Lol...same here. I have an empty space on my wall.

never liked souray so i never put it up lol

Did anyone get their tickets yet??? I was just wondering if they stated sending them out last season or they will just start this pre season??? I know they said it cpould be anytime during the 3 year subscription but I'm sure they will have to span them out, right???

Where's the poster in the new magazine?

There's no poster.

Did anyone get their tickets yet??? I was just wondering if they stated sending them out last season or they will just start this pre season??? I know they said it cpould be anytime during the 3 year subscription but I'm sure they will have to span them out, right???

Relative to receiving the free tickets...

Here is my experience....

You get an envelope in the mail, giving you a choice of some games, my selection of choices was for one of the pre-season games.

You have to make a decision before a specific date or you default to not getting any tickets at all.

And the ticket location, in the upper sections of the 'barn', certainly not on the Mezzanine level or lower.

That was my experience. Since I knew someone that lives in Montreal, I offered the tickets [i think there quantity was two] to him and he didn't respond fast enough, so he didn't get any free tickets.

I am not about to pay the cost to fly to Montreal to see one exhibition/pre-season game because I get a free ticket. The airfare is between $300 - $400 round trip and then you have to pay to stay somewhere overnight.

So, there you have it.

:P

Lol...same here. I have an empty space on my wall.

i know it sucks doesnt it and the worst part for me Markov was always one of my favorite players just behind Koviu so i was really hoping for a Markov poster

Relative to receiving the free tickets...

:P

Did you get it at the beginning of your subscription? or at the end? That's what I want to know B)