Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BooFA1010

Canadiens Magazine

281 posts in this topic

I'm on 3 year plan - $60 (with the old free pair of tickets promo). I'm liking it!

I'm on 3 year plan - $60 (with the old free pair of tickets promo). I'm liking it!

Me too

Is the Candadiens Magazine worth it?

What are most of you on;

1 year (7 Issues) - $20.00

3 year (21 Issues) + cap - $60.00

It was REALLY worth it when they were giving out free tickets, cause those were worth lets say 25$ each? 50$? So you were paying like 10$ for 21 issues. (what I got)

Its still worth it for 3 years because a cap would cost you 20$? so you have 21 issues for 40$? Thats like 2$ an issue.

I bought a 3 year subscription what seems like 3 months ago now. I got a confirmation, and was billed for it, but have yet to receive my first issue.

New issue, I guess they been mailed out and we should get it this week?

400x480-Cover211.gif

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...ge&id=18527

IN THIS ISSUE

Remembering Greatness

With the passing of legendary GM Sam Pollock, we pay tribute to the one of greatest architects in the history of pro sports. A star-studded list of contributors including Jean Beliveau, Bob Gainey, Serge Savard and Scotty Bowman join best-selling author Ken Dryden for a look at Pollock’s ongoing legacy.

Home Sweet Home

Patrice Brisebois explains how a phone call from Bob Gainey was too much for the veteran defenseman to resist, and why it meant so much to him to again wear the Canadiens’ sweater.

The Last Word: J.P. Darche

NFL veteran and Montreal native Jean-Philippe Darche checked in from Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City to give us the scoop on his younger brother’s success with the Lightning, his take on the Canadiens for 2007-08, and why Quebec junk food is better than anything you can find in the U.S. For the expanded interview click here.

Millenium Men

Reaching the 1,000-game mark is one thing, doing so with two other teammates in the span of a month is another. Roman Hamrlik, Bryan Smolinski and Alex Kovalev look back at how their NHL journeys began.

Future Watch

The Canadiens’ top pick at this summer’s NHL Entry Draft, Ryan McDonagh, is getting ready to kick off his college career at the University of Wisconsin. As he counts the days until he patrols the Montreal blue line, McDonagh reveals which former Habs defenseman inspired him the most.

Blast from the Past

Offensive-minded defensemen are worth their weight in gold in today's NHL. The Canadiens had that fact in mind when they reached out to select slick blueliner David Fischer in the opening round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

Ask Eddy

All new for 2007-08, our “Ask Eddy” feature reveals the one special request Eddy got from Saku Koivu, which player gave Eddy the toughest time, and how to break in a goalie’s glove.

On the Fly

Quick hits, insider chatter, and other random facts including:

My iPod List: Michael Ryder

My Influences: Tom Kostopoulos

Mark Streit: EA Sports Cover Boy

Going Deep with Alex Kovalev

Doh! Canadiens go Simpsons

My iPod List: Michael Ryder

My Influences: Tom Kostopoulos

Mark Streit: EA Sports Cover Boy

Going Deep with Alex Kovalev

Doh! Canadiens go Simpsons

For those of you who get the Canadiens Magazine, could you possibly type(or summarize) the article on Kostopoulos for me please. happy.gif

He talks about a few players that influenced his style of play :Kirk Muller, Wendell Clark..etc..

The first magazine of the season always comes out in October, never before. It was available for purchase at the boutique and at home games as of the home opener on Oct. 13. Subscribers should be receiving the first issue soon.

For those of you who get the Canadiens Magazine, could you possibly type(or summarize) the article on Kostopoulos for me please. happy.gif

I like to stall and waste my time when doing my homework, so here you go :

Tom Kostopoulos' five biggest influences on his pro career

Wendel Clark

"I was a huge Wendel Clark guy. I was so devastated when he was traded to the Nordiques, I actually cheered for them for a while."

Adam Graves

"He was a real battler who always came up with big goals for the Rangers."

Mike Keane

"He was just the kind of player I like. Keane was tougher than he looked and at his best with everything on the line."

Keith Primeau

"His blend of size and skill always impressed me. He was also a real clutch player."

Kirk Muller

"I know I won't hear the end of this from the guys who'll think I'm just trying to suck up, but Kirk definitely belongs on my list. The guy was an absolute warrior."

Got mine today too... finally something worth reading :D

I like to stall and waste my time when doing my homework, so here you go :

Tom Kostopoulos' five biggest influences on his pro career

Wendel Clark

"I was a huge Wendel Clark guy. I was so devastated when he was traded to the Nordiques, I actually cheered for them for a while."

Adam Graves

"He was a real battler who always came up with big goals for the Rangers."

Mike Keane

"He was just the kind of player I like. Keane was tougher than he looked and at his best with everything on the line."

Keith Primeau

"His blend of size and skill always impressed me. He was also a real clutch player."

Kirk Muller

"I know I won't hear the end of this from the guys who'll think I'm just trying to suck up, but Kirk definitely belongs on my list. The guy was an absolute warrior."

spoilers ...

Oh btw i got the poster too Higgins and on the back plekanecs which side u guys use on ur wall? Higgy for me!

spoilers ...

Lol, it was for me dude. You didn't have to read this thread if you didn't want to ruin your read.

BYW Thanks Lisa.

Lol, it was for me dude. You didn't have to read this thread if you didn't want to ruin your read.

BYW Thanks Lisa.

They forgot to mention that in the fine print Kostopoulos also mentioned that his "influence as of 2007 is the Grrek Hab fan". I thought you'd like to know.

I got the latest edition with Kovy on the cover in the mail today!

I got the latest edition with Kovy on the cover in the mail today!

wat time you get it and where u live?

wat time you get it and where u live?

Well, I got it in the mailbox after the mailman passed and I live on the South Shore, in Saint-Hubert.

Well, I got it in the mailbox after the mailman passed and I live on the South Shore, in Saint-Hubert.

i might go check in my mailbox after the game or tomrow im too lazy to move lol

fde6e35712.jpg

IN THIS ISSUE

The Sky’s the Limit

Alex Kovalev isn’t your everyday hockey player. Always in control on the ice, he’s just as comfortable in the cockpit of his own plane. A rejuvenated Kovalev provides his view from the top.

Whatever it Takes

If it wasn’t for his older brother Chris breaking his piggy bank as a child, Tom Kostopoulos may have never reached the NHL. Get to know the scrappy Greek winger who came to Montreal this summer as a free agent.

The Last Word: Patrick Carpentier

The newest addtion to George Gillett's NASCAR team, Patrick Carpentier slows down to tells us all about his latest racing adventure, his links to the Canadiens, his everyday car and more. For the complete interview, click here.

Like a Glove

Do Cristobal Huet and Carey Price have a pulse? As calm as they come, the Canadiens one-two punch in goal this season have been a perfect fit under the watchful eye of goalie coach Rollie Melanson.

Future Watch

In his second season with the Kitchener Rangers, Yannick Weber is torching the OHL. The Swiss defenseman is turning a lot of heads as he eyes his third crack at World Junior gold come December.

Blast from the Past

Gordie Howe with the Canadiens? As crazy as that may sound, it almost happened in the fall of 1945.

Ask Eddy

In the latest installment of our new feature starring Eddy Palchak, the longtime Habs trainer recalls he greatest memory of the Forum, his trick to break in a new pair of skates and Guy Lafleur's unique skate sharpening habits.

On the Fly

Quick hits, insider chatter, and other random facts including:

How Christopher Higgins got his "A" for effort
What beast lies within your favorite Habs?
My iPod List: Tomas Plekanec
My Influences: Mike Komisarek
And more...

SOURCE: http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...ge&id=19114