The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

How old are our members here?

jl-1

Guest Garthy18
Hey, youngster. If you started following the Habs for the 92/3 season, they were over here for a pre-season game. Beat the Blackhawks at Wembley Arena (with East 17 as one of the acts between 1st and 2nd periods - now that takes us back awhile, eh?). It was weird for me to see Chelios playing for the Hawks as I left Mtl when he was still a Hab. Other players of note: St Patrick in goal and Carbo - so not just the prospects and rookies.

I remember them coming over, I was so chuffed, then I could not get a ticket, I was depressed for a good 16 years. I have never known such an addictive team, i was hooked from the start and can not wait for my 2 games in march (the lads at the Fire Station have to put up with me looking for the score as soon as we wake instead of their tv) and a visit to the old forum on a quiet day. You mention Carbo, well he and Savard were my two first heros.

No disrespect... but I'm feeling a little younger already arpem_can! Where do you hail from btw... area residence Pembroke, Canada?

bw6

i was just up in pembroke for thanksgiving. a friend brought me up there so i could enjoy a good home cooked meal being soo far away from labrador as i am.

nice area, real quiet

Guest ComeBackStanley

21...remember the 93 cup but not the 86, though i do have a t-shirt and a chelios puppet thing lol. I also remember telling my uncle that boston sucks my whole life and my aunt that the nordiques suck...ahhh the good old days

Guest old-time Habs fan

Just a young buck at 65. Been an avid Habs fan since 1948, when I was seven and listened to Foster Hewitt broadcast the games on radio. Followed the Rocket, Boom Boom, Belliveau and all the other greats throughout their careers. Shall remain loyal 'til I croak!

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Guest KORDIC3131

I'm 36 and been around for 8 cups. Earliest hockey memory is the greatest game ever played 12/31/1975, Habs vs. Soviet Red Army.My parents were having a new years eve party and all the guys were jammed in me and my brothers tiny bedroom watching the game.I will never forget that night.Thank God my Dad is a die-hard Habs fan and I followed in his footsteps.I don't know where he went wrong with my older brothers(Leaf fans) but it makes for an exciting household when we all get together.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Le Gros Bill

I am three days older than water :D

My Sig (thanks MAD) should tell you I am a life-long Habs fan...and I am old enough that Jean Beliveau is my all time favourite Hab! I am a newbie here however - so I am looking forward to all of your insights and getting to know you all.:D

I am three days older than water  :D  

My Sig (thanks MAD) should tell you I am a life-long Habs fan...and I am old enough that Jean Beliveau is my all time favourite Hab!  I am a newbie here however - so I am looking forward to all of your insights and getting to know you all.:D

Welcome then! :D

Guest steph(Quintal)prevost
I'm 14, habs fan for my whole life

wow! your whole life? lol....i just turned 30 this summer and have has=d the pleasure of seeing two stanley cups in montreal!! also i just bought tickets to the red wings and montreal game across the river from windsor in detroit city on january 15th!!! taking my dad for his christmas present. side note--tickets were already sold out so i ended up paying 3 times the price...i would say what a rip off---but it will be worth it(i hope)lol

21 here, 93 cup is still pretty fresh in my mind

hey link, you going to the game at joe louis on the 15th? i notice you also live in windsor. if you are i hope you got a good deal on tickets, as you know "hockeytown" tickets can be hard to come by, especially when they play the habs.

43! I became a Habs fan at age 6 after watching the Canadiens (with Henri Richard) beat the Bruins on TV. Yes, it was in black and white.:D

since we're talking a bit about black and white here---guess who hasn't won a cup in colour! hahahahahah you guessed it----the Laffs.

Archived