Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest GoHabsGo35

Autographs Thread

250 posts in this topic

I wasn't impressed with the HHOF signing yesterday at all. My girlfriend and I get off work as soon as we possibly can and end up at the HHOF at around 3:00 o'clock. Of course by this time the line is wrapped around the building, but we get in it anyway. When the line starts moving there are about twenty people behind us and we're told that they've cut it off cause there are no more posters (which is the only thing the Habs will sign). The line was moving pretty well. Around 5:10pm, with twenty minutes left, an HHOF employee is walking around the end of the line saying we're guaranteed to get in and get autographs. He says that with the way the line is moving, the Habs will stay a little later and make sure everyone gets an autograph. So 5:25 hits, we're in sight of the entrance to teh Stanley Cup room and another employee comes to the back of the room, "I'm sorry, but we're pushing as many fans as we can through, but we can't guarantee you'll get in. Here's a 2-for-1 admission to the Hockey Hall of Fame." At this point the line basically stops moving. There's about forty people left. It's ironic that as soon as the employee said they'll push people through the line ground to a halt. 5:35pm hits. The Habs have left. In the last ten minutes the line hasn't moved at all and no one has been let in to the autograph room. They gave us two reasons for why the Habs left and I hope it wasn't the first. First story: After they signed a poster, a fan tore it up and they got angry and left. Second story: They had another commitment that absolutely could not wait. Honestly, neither of these sit well with me. The first, if it's true, is ridiculous. The second does not reflect well on them because there were only forty people left out of a thousand or more who showed up. You couldn't stay the extra fifteen minutes to finish the last of the line? The Hockey Hall of Fame handled the situation extremely poorly and finally offered to refund our twenty-six dollar admission. So, lesson learned I guess. Don't try to partake in HHOF or Canadiens promotions. Unless, you have no other commitments that day and can wait in line for five plus hours they don't care about you. At least I've got 100 level tickets to tonight's game that my girlfriend got me. Should I wear my Leafs jersey?

I wasn't impressed with the HHOF signing yesterday at all. My girlfriend and I get off work as soon as we possibly can and end up at the HHOF at around 3:00 o'clock. Of course by this time the line is wrapped around the building, but we get in it anyway. When the line starts moving there are about twenty people behind us and we're told that they've cut it off cause there are no more posters (which is the only thing the Habs will sign). The line was moving pretty well. Around 5:10pm, with twenty minutes left, an HHOF employee is walking around the end of the line saying we're guaranteed to get in and get autographs. He says that with the way the line is moving, the Habs will stay a little later and make sure everyone gets an autograph. So 5:25 hits, we're in sight of the entrance to teh Stanley Cup room and another employee comes to the back of the room, "I'm sorry, but we're pushing as many fans as we can through, but we can't guarantee you'll get in. Here's a 2-for-1 admission to the Hockey Hall of Fame." At this point the line basically stops moving. There's about forty people left. It's ironic that as soon as the employee said they'll push people through the line ground to a halt. 5:35pm hits. The Habs have left. In the last ten minutes the line hasn't moved at all and no one has been let in to the autograph room. They gave us two reasons for why the Habs left and I hope it wasn't the first. First story: After they signed a poster, a fan tore it up and they got angry and left. Second story: They had another commitment that absolutely could not wait. Honestly, neither of these sit well with me. The first, if it's true, is ridiculous. The second does not reflect well on them because there were only forty people left out of a thousand or more who showed up. You couldn't stay the extra fifteen minutes to finish the last of the line? The Hockey Hall of Fame handled the situation extremely poorly and finally offered to refund our twenty-six dollar admission. So, lesson learned I guess. Don't try to partake in HHOF or Canadiens promotions. Unless, you have no other commitments that day and can wait in line for five plus hours they don't care about you. At least I've got 100 level tickets to tonight's game that my girlfriend got me. Should I wear my Leafs jersey?

I know exactly how you feel. I got there at 4:30 because I had school. We have lives, I think they should appreciate that. They make millions of $$ and can't take even an hour longer to give autographs. :roll: They told me it was impossible to meet them now and also gave me the 2 for 1 thing. The HHOF sucks, there's barely anything there and hard to find. What a waste of time. I feel bad that you stayed that long, I just left in 10 min.

what time are the Habs pre game skates in the mourning before a game?

I know exactly how you feel. I got there at 4:30 because I had school. We have lives, I think they should appreciate that. They make millions of $$ and can't take even an hour longer to give autographs. :roll: They told me it was impossible to meet them now and also gave me the 2 for 1 thing. The HHOF sucks, there's barely anything there and hard to find. What a waste of time. I feel bad that you stayed that long, I just left in 10 min.

Blame the HHOF not the Montreal Canadiens

The HHOF should have know that with kids off school Friday ( Professional Development Day ) the place would have been packed and it was

The Canadiens gave 1.5 hours

The HHOF should have given out a certain # of posters and then said sorry

The Canadiens probably had their Team dinner schedule for later in the evening .

Blame the HHOF not the Montreal Canadiens

The HHOF should have know that with kids off school Friday ( Professional Development Day ) the place would have been packed and it was

The Canadiens gave 1.5 hours  

The HHOF should have given out a certain # of posters and then said sorry  

The Canadiens probably had their Team dinner schedule for later in the evening .

They did give out a certain number of posters and then said sorry. The first guy who responded to me was one of the people turned away. Believe me, if they had said, "Here's a poster, but you won't be able to get it signed." I would have done something much more productive with that afternoon. Like maybe stay at work instead of getting it covered and make money...Or work on one of the three essays I have due in the next two weeks. I'm blaming the HHOF just as much as the Habs. The only reason I'm directing any blame on the Habs is that the two reasons I was given for them leaving reflect very poorly on them. Throwing a hissy fit because someone ripped a poster they signed or just up and leaving when there are forty people left out of a line of a thousand or more don't seem like the actions of a team that cares a whole lot about making every fan feel good. I guess I just thought too much of the team.

I was at the signing on Friday. Waited 4 hours in line, but it was well worth the wait.

Huet didn't seem too impressed as he was telling me that Aebi would be starting on Saturday night. Komi was talking about looking for Tucker during the game to get a few good hits in.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me :D. Does anyone have pictures they could post here or send to me (PM me and I'll give you my e-mail)

Anyone know where I can find which hotel the Habs stay at when they play Tampa? No one down here seems to know, but think the Canadiens media guide would say

what time are the Habs pre game skates in the mourning before a game?

anyone know?

Does anyone know of any autograph signings coming up? On some of the other team websites they have a list of places where the players make appearances. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

what time is the morning skate before a game. I want to try to get some autographs before the Habs vs Leafs game on March 17. I think i am staying in the same hotel as the leafs

I'm hoping when I go to the Habs-Islanders game on the 7th that I see them coming in. I also got tickets for the 6th when the visit the Devils too (though won't make it in time to see them come in because of rush hour traffic from Manhattan) but this game I'll make it before 5. Keep my fingers crossed, esp. if this is Higgins' first game back.

Also, question... who is the easiest to get an autograph with? Hardest? I heard stuff that certain players (who shall remain nameless) aren't nice.

I'm hoping when I go to the Habs-Islanders game on the 7th that I see them coming in.  I also got tickets for the 6th when the visit the Devils too (though won't make it in time to see them come in because of rush hour traffic from Manhattan) but this game I'll make it before 5.  Keep my fingers crossed, esp. if this is Higgins' first game back.  

Also, question... who is the easiest to get an autograph with?  Hardest?  I heard stuff that certain players (who shall remain nameless) aren't nice.

Well I haven't really gotten many autographs, but of the few I have gotten, I could tell you how they were. I was kinda afraid to ask Latendresse, but when I did he didn't mind at all, just looked kinda like he didn't care much (didn't even look at me). If you meet Carbo he's nice, but seemed like he was a rush. Muller was the nicest he took the time to talk and all, and seemed happy.

Those are the only ones I've met who are current Habs and coaches, but if you do get to meet them tell us how they were. Hope you ave a good time.

Also a good person to ask would be habsFreak27 or 60islove. I'm sure they can tell you ho most of the players are.

Hope that helped :D

Does anyone know if it is easy to meet the team if you go to a game in ottawa? I'm going Jan.13 and I would like to know if it is possible to meet the team before or after the game.

Ok, well this doesn't involve a Habs player, but I tell you, It's by far an amazing idea that I plan to do.

Here we go; I have recieved an invitation to an autograph session for a spacific player. And that player is none other than...Darcy Tucker:? Yup, you heard me:shock:

My plan is this, to get him to sign a picture of him getting destroyed by Kovalev. This picture, or should I say, MOMENT in hockey is known to all Habs fans as, "The Kovalev Hit."

Has anyone done someting like this before? If so, what was the player's reaction...cause if I'm gonna get a black eye over this, I'm gonna get some head protection and a mouth guard. And mabye some knee protection aswell.:D

I hope Darcy signs it. It'll prove to me that something like this little joke means nothing to him, and that he's a good sport...kindaroll:

does huet like to sign stuff or will he stop after leaving a morning practice before a game?

Ok, well this doesn't involve a Habs player, but I tell you, It's by far an amazing idea that I plan to do.

Here we go; I have recieved an invitation to an autograph session for a spacific player. And that player is none other than...Darcy Tucker:?  Yup, you heard me:shock:  

My plan is this, to get him to sign a picture of him getting destroyed by Kovalev. This picture, or should I say, MOMENT in hockey is known to all Habs fans as, "The Kovalev Hit."

Has anyone done someting like this before? If so, what was the player's reaction...cause if I'm gonna get a black eye over this, I'm gonna get some head protection and a mouth guard. And mabye some knee protection aswell.:D  

I hope Darcy signs it. It'll prove to me that something like this little joke means nothing to him, and that he's a good sport...kindaroll:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I wouldn't take a chance. where some protection or just bring Kovy with you lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I wouldn't take a chance. where some protection or just bring Kovy with you lol

Do you have his number.

does huet like to sign stuff or will he stop after leaving a morning practice before a game?

Everytime I've gone he has stopped and he usually signs for everyone. Last time I went he was walking to the practice and a group of people went to see him and he stopped and signed for everyone and took pictures. He's one of the friendliest ones by far.

Has anyone done someting like this before? If so, what was the player's reaction...

I'm sure darcy will sign it,just don't an idiot with him and you should be fine.

I have the sheldon/mccarty fight from last year in 8x10 signed by both,darren just laughed and said,"man can shel punch hard"!

im worried though b/c im gonna be in Montreal for the game on march 17 against the leaf, and the night before the habs play in pittsburgh. Will they still have the morning skate? If they do, where and when should i hang around to get some sigs and pics?

im worried though b/c im gonna be in Montreal for the game on march 17 against the leaf, and the night before the habs play in pittsburgh. Will they still have the morning skate? If they do, where and when should i hang around to get some sigs and pics?

The decision on whether or not to have a morning skate on March 17 won't be decided until after the game the night before.

By the way, does anyone have a decent size picture of the "Kovalev Hit." Possible 8x5. If you have a link I'd apprecitate it. Thanks

By the way, does anyone have a decent size picture of the "Kovalev Hit." Possible 8x5. If you have a link I'd apprecitate it. Thanks

Lol. found one myself.

The decision on whether or not to have a morning skate on March 17 won't be decided until after the game the night before.

o if they do, where and when should i show up?

Begin and Higgins are very approchable...Ribeiro actually stopped to sign my shirt on the street, I didnt even see him lolll but when he saw I was wearing his shirt he stopped his car..he was super nice! Man I miss him! ummm Huet and Komi are really nice!!! but it always depends on if their in a hurry. Have a Great time!!!