The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

How and Where did you Meet a Hab Player?

European-Captain

A couple of years ago (the years when Igor Ulanov was on the team) I went to this Candiens Fashion show Charity fund raiser event. It was pretty sweet in a nice hotel. On top of seeing most of the habs in snazzy suits and pajamas, I got to have dinner with Sergei Zholtok and Igor Ulanov! Nice guys and were always willing to talk to us. After the event, I saw Saku and his wife/girlfriend at the time rushing out of the place, and I met up with him to sign my jersey. I didn't have a marker, so I gave him a blue pen and he wouldn't use it to sign it! He said something along the lines of, "I need a marker, no pen." I couldn't believe him what a jerk! But I forgave him since then. I also met Yvan Cournoyer, Jean Beliveau and Henri Richard that same night and a have a picture with them.

On another day more recently, while filling up at Petro-Canada in Mont Tremblant, I saw Vinny Damphousse pull up in a blingin Range rover. I didn't talk to him though. I also met Jacques Demers here in Saint-Lazare, also at a Petro-Canada!

Ohhh I wanna meet all the new kids though ;)

"I saw Mark Streit in a resturaunt on de la Montagne street, i was screaming his name, he looked up, i felt proud."

screaming his name?  yikes!

haha yah!! i love streit!!!

Guest kaherine

I've only met 2 habs in my life... about 2 years ago i met Yvon Lambert at a canadiens blood donor clinic.He gave me and auto graph and showed me his shiney rings ;)

I met another hab there, but i forget who it was...:oops:

This year i am going to the Donor clinic again and i will meet more habs! i cant wait! :mrgreen:

Guest CanadianMike
I wasn't lucky tonite on meeting the Habs.  I did know where they are staying at here in New York but decided not to go because I have to work in the morning.  Plus, I had too many beers tonite.  LOL

good choice....the habs have enough drunkin' fans to deal with ...in Montreal. just kidding...sorta. ;)

I have never met any hab players but i do know kirk mullers brother here in kingston. A really funny thing happened here in kingston a few years back in the summer in a local night club,i was having a few drinks with some friends when one of my buddys pointed over to this guy who was throwing ice cubes, so we all look over and we couldnt believe our eyes but there was tie domi whipping ice cubes at the bouncers lol and i mean WHIPPING THEM HARD.Funniest thing i have ever seen.

Guest Roy33

I met Chelios at my buddys (they are cousins) during greek easter a while back and I had a drink with him

and I met all the Leafs (the ones that were on the team from 1997-2004) I worked at the gardens and the acc at a restaurant

and I met Martin Rucinsky at the all star game when it was in Toronto (when he was on the Habs)

Guest Godfather
I have never met any hab players but i do know kirk mullers brother here in kingston. A really funny thing happened here in kingston a few years back in the summer in a local night club,i was having a few drinks with some friends when one of my buddys pointed over to this guy who was throwing ice cubes, so we all look over and we couldnt believe our eyes but there was tie domi whipping ice cubes at the bouncers lol and i mean WHIPPING THEM HARD.Funniest thing i have ever seen.

Which night club was this Stages, Aj's(The Ale House) or the grizzly grill??

Guest iheartthehabs
A couple of years ago (the years when Igor Ulanov was on the team) I went to this Candiens Fashion show Charity fund raiser event. It was pretty sweet in a nice hotel. On top of seeing most of the habs in snazzy suits and pajamas, I got to have dinner with Sergei Zholtok and Igor Ulanov! Nice guys and were always willing to talk to us. After the event, I saw Saku and his wife/girlfriend at the time rushing out of the place, and I met up with him to sign my jersey. I didn't have a marker, so I gave him a blue pen and he wouldn't use it to sign it! He said something along the lines of, "I need a marker, no pen." I couldn't believe him what a jerk! But I forgave him since then. I also met Yvan Cournoyer, Jean Beliveau and Henri Richard that same night and a have a picture with them.

On another day more recently, while filling up at Petro-Canada in Mont Tremblant, I saw Vinny Damphousse pull up in a blingin Range rover. I didn't talk to him though. I also met Jacques Demers here in Saint-Lazare, also at a Petro-Canada!

Ohhh I wanna meet all the new kids though ;)

Even better (and more timely), you met Zholtok, who is now dead. :)

Guest montreal_myk

I ALWAYS RUN INTO THE HABS. most of all higgins. I run into him at clubs a lot. although he is the shy type, my girlfriend likes him best with the habs. So one day in a mall we saw each other, said hi again, introduced my girl to him, and she stood there speechless. heheheh. but he is chill. but used to run into all the habs at Cavalli's every thursday, cuz they're there all the time, Med on Fridays. Lapierre was chillin at Opera a month ago or something.

Perosnality wise, like i said, Higgy is chill, they're all approachable. I don't think they like talking hockey though, just say hi n shake their hands, is cool. KOmisarek is huuuge. Murray and Downey are very big. Souray is chill, likes to socialize. Poor KOivu, i was drunk when i met him, I was weird with him. and worse of all was Muller, i was in a club drunk and started giving him coaching tips, hahahaha. The best time ever, is last year when we beat the leafs 2 games in a row, at the end of the season, i got into it with a leafs fans outside cavalli's on the street, only to look in the window and see all the habs there, hahahha. yaaaaaahhhhhhh.

i know anywhere i saw koivu, i saw rivet, guess none of that anymore. I think the most down to earth and party animal is Garth Murray, he will eactually chill with you, and he acts like anyone else in a club, wants no attention. PLekanec i have never seen before. Markov looks exactly like mr. bean.hahaha

they're all awesome.

GO HABS, WE BELIEVE IN YOU

Guest Mustangpoirier4

i met my idole Zednik 3 years ago we took pictures he talked to me signed my Jersey and stuff he's really nice he doesnt ignor you or act all cool or anything hes nice. I met Rivet, Riberio, Bouillion, Koivu, and Theodore, the wierdest one i'd say is Riberio all the others are nice but Zednik is like the coolest by far, i'd like to meat Ryder and Higgins everyone seams to say thats there nice, I met Dryden like 5 times lol, anyways thats about it

It started in the elevator I didnt recognise Huet, I thought I just saw another Canadien fan. ( He had a blue bag with the Canadiens logo ) So I asked: Canadien fan? And he said: No player actully. My mind went blank! I just stood there like a fool! Then he said Huet golie. I was so embarrest but he haden´t actully played that much so.... Well no excuse I didn´t feel so good. I couldn´t talk I was soo stuned.  

That was one of the greatest times of my life. After that Huet started to play like a nr 1 golie. Maby it´s because a Canadien fan didn´t recognise im in the elevator;)

Hahahahahaha !!! Good story !!! :thumb:

Guest CanadianMike
i met my idole Zednik 3 years ago we took pictures he talked to me signed my Jersey and stuff he's really nice he doesnt ignor you or act all cool or anything hes nice. I met Rivet, Riberio, Bouillion, Koivu, and Theodore, the wierdest one i'd say is Riberio all the others are nice but Zednik is like the coolest by far, i'd like to meat Ryder and Higgins everyone seams to say thats there nice, I met Dryden like 5 times lol, anyways thats about it

I love your post and I agree. Always loved Zed on the ice, and after meeting him and seeing how cool he is off (once even giving me his stick) I will stick by him forever. Was lucky to meet him again when the Caps came, and he hasn't changed one bit.

Guest montreal_myk

Zednik, i never met, but i want him back, my fave hab when he was here. Ribeiro is weird, he is on something i think, or i hear. look at his eyes ;)

Guest Mustangpoirier4
I love your post and I agree. Always loved Zed on the ice, and after meeting him and seeing how cool he is off (once even giving me his stick) I will stick by him forever. Was lucky to meet him again when the Caps came, and he hasn't changed one bit.

yup i don't care if he stick handels with one hand most of the time he's still a good player and i'm sure he'll get back to the way he used to be scoring so many goals i hope he can come back to montreal and if you look at my post http://forum.canadiens.com/showthread.php?...?t=13562&page=8 in the build your 2007-2008 habs i've brought him back i love Zednik he's chill and he's a good person and he can help the habs i miss Zednik come back,

Guest Go_Habs21

wow you guys are so lucky!! I'd love to meet Higgins and Koivu, but that will probably never happen considering i live in sask. oh well maybe on day :pray:

I saw Mark Streit last summer in the football stadium of Berne, Switzerland watching a game with his swiss friends. He seems to have much more confidence when he is in Switzerland. When I see him on Canadien TV he always seems to be kind of shy. However he is a supper nice guy and I hope that he will some day play for the hockey franchise in Berne. He almost did but then you guys found out last summer that this man does have a lot of talent and kept him.

I also met Danny Briere and D. Heatey when they played in Bern during the lockout season. No Habs players but still a fun experience. They came to a bar in the stadium after the game with about 6 other players. Heatley drank like 3 liters of beer within 30 minutes. He asked us if we knew some hot chicks. He was fun and behaved just like everyone else. Briere was extremely nice as well but he did not get drunk that bad. They all posed for pictures for at least 15 minutes. Heatley looked like an alcoholic... Oh yeah and I also met Rick Nash when he played for Davos. I yelled at him that he's a jerk (they just won against my team). He just smiled at me thinking "yeah right, I'm the jerk"...

I met the whole Pens team a few times. I know Koivu, Kovalev and Souray. And I know Rivet, since he is a kid.

I met Thornton at the NHL Awards last year, as well as Marleau, Cheechoo and Niedermayer. Thornton is a really funny guy. :-)

Once I talked a few times to Savard und a few Trashers.

And I Martin St. Louis is a good friend of my cousin.

Archived