The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

How and Where did you Meet a Hab Player?

European-Captain

It was 1975 - my big brother took me to a Northstars/Habs game at Met Centre in Bloomington, MN. My brother had just graduated from Cornell and told me we would try to get Ken Dryden's autograph after the game. (Dryden was a hero of mine and my brother figured if he spoke out as a fellow Cornell grad, Dryden would acquiesce). He was right! :D They started talking about the Big Red and Dryden not only signed my program..but he also helped me acquire; Guy LaFleur, Larry Robinson, Pete Mahovlich, Yvan Cournoyer, Guy LaPointe and Jacques LeMaire's signatures all on the same program! It is my prized possession! :)

Great Thread:

I'm afraid my story is probably boring compares to the others .... now, if the thread was titled "How and Where did you meet a Bruin player" well I could go on for days !

Standing in line at the Beer Store in Peterborough, Larry Robinson was standing behind me, actually, he commented on my jersey (take a wild guess), he even offered to carry my case of pops ... very very classy guy.

I met Bob Gainey the night the Peterborough Petes honoured him for his years of dedication to the Petes and to the City of Peterborough, again, a classy and shy gentleman .... I think my #4 jersey scared him a bit !!

Cool! Which Bruins did you meet?

While i'm a Habs fan, i'd still love to meet some of the Bruins. I bet they are class acts too.

I'd love to see Chara in person, just to see how big he is :) And I bet you Tim Thomas is the type of guy you can sit down and have a beer with.

When I was 12 years old my parents bought a new home in Brossard and to my delight a little know hockey player ; Robert Picard bought a house close to us. Besides getting on the short list for season tickets. I got to meet many of the greats from the 80's. Larry Robinson, Steve Shutt, Guy Lafleur. I was lucky enough to be taken to some habs practices & was even allowed to watch from the sin bin. One great moment for me was going into the dressing room after a practice and getting to meet most of the team. I got to follow the team in the summer when it did its softball tourneys around the province. I will never forget meeting Bobby Hull and how nice he was to me compared to Maurice Richard (R.I.P) who was a real(donkey) *** I have tons of great memories from the old forum that I will cherish forever.

Habs for life !!!

Kind of an old story, but still one I will always remember. I used to go to all of the Concords games???? The old Allouettes, which we actually used to win one or two games a season, anyway they had a charity lunch and I was lucky enough to meet and get Mats Naslund's sig on one of my hockey pics, so cool always loved him and another cool one was walking through walmart one day in Pte Claire, back in the day, and seeing this guy towering over the shelf and I had to look because the shelf was so darn high, but when I got to the other side saw Larry Robinson looking for some pots and pans, lol, spoke with him for a bit and got his sig, sooooo coool

On an off note and not much to talk about-lol-I was sitting in a Toronto bar last summer and looked beside me to see Jason Spezza and Marty Turco, lol, asked Turco for a pic and ignored Spezzza, oh well.

Fun!!!

Kind of an old story, but still one I will always remember. I used to go to all of the Concords games???? The old Allouettes, which we actually used to win one or two games a season, anyway they had a charity lunch and I was lucky enough to meet and get Mats Naslund's sig on one of my hockey pics, so cool always loved him and another cool one was walking through walmart one day in Pte Claire, back in the day, and seeing this guy towering over the shelf and I had to look because the shelf was so darn high, but when I got to the other side saw Larry Robinson looking for some pots and pans, lol, spoke with him for a bit and got his sig, sooooo coool

On an off note and not much to talk about-lol-I was sitting in a Toronto bar last summer and looked beside me to see Jason Spezza and Marty Turco, lol, asked Turco for a pic and ignored Spezzza, oh well.

Fun!!!

Aww, poor Pizza , too funny!... a friend of mine came across Vermette and Pizza, asked Vermette for a pic and ignored Pizza... can we detect a pattern here? :lol:

John LeClair is my Dad's cousin; so my distant cousin...? Anyhow, met him and Kirk Muller and Eric Desjardins after they did a signing in Vermont. I was only 12 at the time but still remember meeting the Stanley Cup members that summer!

Aside from that; the New York Rangers used to have camp in Vermont at University of Vermont's Gutterson Field house. I met Mark Messier and Brian Leetch there another time after they finished practicing.

Lastly, I worked at Vermont Country Club one summer and met Martin St. Louis at a tournament sponsored by First Stride, which he helped start in Vermont after his rise from the UVM ranks to the pros.

Go Vermont! Go Habs!

Spezza (and Vermette) are awesome. More players can learn from these 2 on how really easy it is to be AWESOME with fans.

:)

Ya, he was pretty cool, but the funny thing was that before I looked around, he had already signed a napkin for me with my name, must have anticipated me asking and signed before I asked, lol

I had like three buddies with our arms around turco-who rocks by the way-and spezza was sitting there alone eating his chicken salad, lol

I wish I could meet some of the habs...(Komisarek)

But I was in The stands at the bell when my cousin got to go on ice with some Habs with his hockey team (he's 11 now)

3 habs where on the Ice with them (Markov, perezhogin and latendresse)

Im was and am jealous (especialy because of Markov)

Oh and Markov looks Ultra Lost and disoriented on the couple picture of him with my cousin

Archived