The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs @ Leafs | April 7th 2007 |

jl-1

Allow me to use one of Jacques Demers' favourite lines...

If our best players are better than their best players, we will win!

So if Koivu, Kovalev, Souray and Markov are better than Sundin, Tucker, McCabe and Kaberle, we will win...

:ghg:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest d80jcrant

We no doubt have the edge in between the pipes. Racroft has been really lighten up as of late. He just does not have it. We have to come out and get that first goal. We have to watch out for the leafs too since they like come out in the first on fire outshooting their opposition real bad always.

We have to weather that first period storm....What better way to do that than getting the first goal or two

Guest CristoWallHuet39

I picked a Leafs win in SO in the vote just because we (Habs) would still be the winners if that happened.

GO HABS GO!!!

HUET HUET HUET!!!

Guest Duke_Boy

HUET is gonna come out strong and prove to everyone that hes back in full form!!! my prediction is 5-2 habs...can't wait till the game!!! GOO HABS!!!!!

Guest dark_starr

In a way it was nice to see Huet have a chance to get some real game action last night. Apparently he looked good; that bodes well for tomorrow night!

Guest jimdubbs

ive been saying all year to my buddies i hope to god the playoffs dont be decided by the last game of the season against the leafs..and sure enough here we go..Im watching this game b myself..as i wont stad to be able to be around any leafs fans if we do lose...heres to the boys hopefully realising that its do or die here..and they come out on top!

Guest Onlyteam
HUET is gonna come out strong and prove to everyone that hes back in full form!!! my prediction is 5-2 habs...can't wait till the game!!! GOO HABS!!!!!

I must say I love your prediction let's hope it comes true.

Guest Un_Lavalois

I'm just too nervous.. the challenge is HUGE, we just play terrible road hockey and always start our games too late, it would be a great night to score the first goalS. The thing playing in our favor is that the Leafs are gonna try to hit us alot, and that's the best way to wake up the monster in our players, you can be sure our players just can't wait for this game. Nobody did their job thursday : I saw no real significant hit, no forecheck, no real offense, no defense, only good goaltending...

With a good goalie in net ( Huet and Halak are both better then Raycroft), the odds are in our favour!

GO HABS GO!

Guest Onlyteam
I am not missing a single second of this game.  I am already starting to get slack from my friends. Look what i got from my friendin Windsor on an e-mail.

"Breaking News: Montreal Canadians call it quits, too afraid to face the Leafs. Head coach Guy Carbonneau describes the Canadians dressing room as devastating, adding that several cases of tissues had to be purchased from Costco for crying team. A distressed Koivu was quoted as saying, "We just can't beat the Leafs, they are such an awesome team". Koivu, shaken and sobbing said he was retiring."

So it begins....

Oh baby we have just got to win this game. After that who knows the possibilities.

Guest ontario_habs_fan

This is the biggest hockey game for me since the gold medal game at the 2002 olympics. i am to young to remember much about 1993. I can't wait for this game. The best thing about playing toronto is that with raycroft in net you always have a good chance.

I predict montreal winning 5-2. Toronto scores first then montreal scores 5 quick ones. Toronto getting one late. Raycroft being rushed to hospial with severe sunburn after the game.

Guest netcase
Lovely... Howard Berger of the FAN590 radio in Toronto just called the Habs "choke artists" and "a dog team that have no business being even close to a playoff spot". He also called them "less than mediocre".  

I say these quotes get posted in the Montreal dressing room before tomorrow's game fo a little bit of motivation!

The usual T.O. rednecking. Please tell us what he says after the Habs give them a spanking tomorrow...!:tor: :towel: :golf:

Sorry kids, hope I'm wrong ( again ) - the #'s ( being an accountant ) shows Leafs in regulation time

Something like 4 or 5 to 1 or 2

Like the last two games they played at the ACC, I see Montreal coming out flat in the 1st again and falling behind but not being able to catch up.

Too many penalties , Huet rusty and little goals from the 5 on 5

I hope i'm Big time wrong though but I haven't seen anything from Montreal that would lead to me to assume they can elevate their play for an all important game. That's not say Toronto can , but Toronto's play againt Montreal this year has been dominating

I hope Raycroft has a bad game but Montreal will need shots and lots of them to find out .

Leafs will forecheck with intense pressure causing turnovers

Guest dark_starr
Sorry kids, hope I'm wrong ( again ) - the #'s ( being an accountant ) shows Leafs in regulation time  

Like the last two games they played at the ACC, I see Montreal coming out flat in the 1st again and falling behind but not being able to catch up.

I hope i'm Big time wrong though but I haven't seen anything from Montreal that would lead to me to assume they can elevate their play for an all important game. That's not say Toronto can , but Toronto's play againt Montreal this year has been dominating  

I hope Raycroft has a bad game but Montreal will need shots and lots of them to find out .

Oh yee of little faith... ;)

Guest netcase

I can't imagine why Raycroft would have a bad game with so much on the line. Habs have to crash the net and get the garbage goals first. Play Laffs style hockey. So Kovy, never mind the ice capades. Get to the net and get dirty!

Guest old whaler fan..go habs

This is the BIGGEST game the Habs have had in some time. I will be having a Habs party here in Hartford with all the other habsters here. Do we know who is getting the call for goal...Huet? or Halak?....I'm on the fence as to who to go with. All I know is GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Hardcorehabsfan

Alright boys..im not a religious man, but i think a quick prayer before the game is in order. I have full confidence we're gonna kick butt but a little extra help never killed anyone ;)

If you see ***, it's a sign that you should use a different word.

JL.

Guest netcase
This is the BIGGEST game the Habs have had in some time. I will be having a Habs party here in Hartford with all the other habsters here. Do we know who is getting the call for goal...Huet? or Halak?....I'm on the fence as to who to go with.  All I know is GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all fairness and out of respect, I think that Halak should finish what he started for us. Besides that, Huet needs to get his legs back and now is NOT the time.

Guest dark_starr
This is the BIGGEST game the Habs have had in some time. I will be having a Habs party here in Hartford with all the other habsters here. Do we know who is getting the call for goal...Huet? or Halak?....I'm on the fence as to who to go with.  All I know is GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSN.ca reports that Huet is expected to start.

Guest netcase
TSN.ca reports that Huet is expected to start.

Hope he's warming up right now and that he stays sharp. He is our number 1.

However he has been out of the battle field loop for a long time and man this is going to be a battle royale....:punch:

Archived