The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs @ Leafs | April 7th 2007 |

jl-1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think this is going to be the biggest thread count????

If you guys keep posting consecutive posts which should be in one post, maybe, but I've been merging a bunch of back to back posts by the same members recently. So I'd ask that you did not do that as it lowers the quality of posting.

Yo, who invited this guy........haha, just kidding!!

Heres to an exciting game.

Cheers. ;)

Well, may the best team win! It boils down to this game... for bragging rights until October!

Going to be exciting, thats for sure!

I say...

3 :mon:

2 :tor:

In a shootout!

Unfortunately that wouldn't surprise me either. Most of our games against Montreal have been won or lost in extra time. :) Leafs need this win in regulation.

He's not causing any trouble.  Other fans is a GOOD thing.

haha, that's right. I recognize you from the leaf board.

Good luck to you guys on saturday! May the best team win.

Guest WantMoreCups
Cheers. ;)

Unfortunately that wouldn't surprise me either.  Most of our games against Montreal have been won or lost in extra time. :)  Leafs need this win in regulation.  

haha, that's right.  I recognize you from the leaf board.  

Good luck to you guys on saturday!  May the best team win.

by that i hope u mean The habs mwuahaha lol woah its over 24hours away and im already lossing it :oops:

Unfortunately that wouldn't surprise me either.  Most of our games against Montreal have been won or lost in extra time. ;)  Leafs need this win in regulation.

The Leaf/Habs games have been close at best. Anyone predicting a huge blowout by either team would be far off the mark in my books.

However, keep in mind that the Habs hold an advantage on the Leafs entering the game. Going to overtime may not suffice for the Leafs, as the Habs hold a win advantage. So it may boil down to Raycroft getting pulled in the final minutes of regulation if there is a tie so that the Leafs can try to avoid OT, and the Habs get an empty netter to win it in regulation.

Going to be an interesting one for sure!

Guest NewfieHab

I think if both teams come out playing like they did last night, then Montreal has a great shot at getting at least 1 point. I think if both play like last night then the game will be 1-1 or 2-2 after regulation. Hopefully, since Montreal have been playing better and more consistent than the Leafs lately, they come out a little more intense and they have to want the game more. They have more talent then the leafs but unfortunately, we can't win the game on talent alone, we have to work harder!!

It will be a tough game, but I think if the Habs really want this game, they will be able to take it, my prediction is that the Habs win 4-2......

Guest Y ASK Y

Ladies and Gentlemen. Guys and gals, strap on your seatbelts and wear some Depends (if you have to) cuz this is gonna be a heck of a ride!!!

The Habs definitely have a flair for the dramatics, eh?

Go HABS GO!!!!

Kovy, you're the man!!! By all that's Holy, please dominate this game like I know you can!!

!!!!!!!!!!OG SBAH OG

Guest canadiens_girl

so it comes down to the final game of the season, its kind of fitting though :clap:habs vs leafs..the original 6...well lets hope the habbies pull out a win and not the leafs...and with Huet back this is going to be a game for the ages.:woo:

:woo::cheer:GO HABS GO!!! :woo: :cheer:

:ghg: :mon:

OMG i cant believe how nervous i am...im sure there are many other habs fans out there that share this unexplainable feeling in their gut...kind of like a twisting and turning motion...and a heart rate well above the norm...i cant believe how much of a dedicated fans many of us are...i live right in the middle of laff land, but i bleed bleu, blanc et rouge!!!!!! i am desperately trying to get tickets, however even the nose bleed seats are going for $600+++, decent platinum tickets are $1200+++ a seat!!!!!!!! however i have someone working on the inside (hoping ang praying)... i will also be going to church tonite and praying for quite a while....im such a nervous wreck, i need a few drinks...but, actually this forum is like a support group, i feel a bit better having got that off my back..lol

GO HABS GO!!!!

Guest NDSuto
Not sure if it has been posted yet, but Wellwood might not play tomorrow.

It doesn't really care IMO 'cause Wellwood is not THE player in that team.

Guest habs_fan_4_life
It doesn't really care IMO 'cause Wellwood is not THE player in that team.

Sorry. I just thought some people would want to know.

I cannot stop thinking about it, not that I would want to. This could very well be the most exciting and intense sports matchup we have ever seen. Habs vs. Leafs - the greatest rivalry in all the world. 27 hours and 23 minutes til broadcast time. Earlier, I was reserving my opinion as to who would start, but I think Huet should get the start. Halek has been amazing, but he needs a rest - he must be tired. And honestly, if we make the playoffs, I would give Jaroslav the Game 1 start because he's brought us this far. I'm nearly trembling in hysterics. I refuse to make game predictions, vote in polls, or bet money on the Habs because I simply cannot impose any extrinsic value on the Love I have for this team. I desperately want the Habs to win. We obviously need them to. Let's go boys!!! I think we need some serious intensity in this forum. I'm starting to think it's a dressing room in a sense. If we could make enough noise for the Habs to hear us, that would be amazing. If they read our posts minutes before game time and see a thousand people consecutively posting "Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!" I think we should all be saying "Go Habs Go!!!!!!!" in our heads all day and all night. Let's ****in go Habs!!!! Let's Go!!!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! (one for every cup)

So just to make sure everyone's clear on the potential outcomes of this game:

Montreal win (regulation or OT): Montreal clinches

Toronto win (regulation): Montreal out; if Isles win remaining 2 games, they clinch; otherwise Toronto clinches

Toronto win (overtime): Toronto out; if Isles win remaining 2 games, they clinch; otherwise Montreal clinches.

So to clinch, we need to win. A tie wouldn't knock us out, but puts our fates in the Isles hands.

Guest mikehabsfan

This game is huge. This game is practically BIGGER than the playoffs themselves. lol.

It's going to be great. This is what hockey is all about.

GO HABS GO!

Peace,

Mike.

Guest d80jcrant
I'm not sure I get this one... :itch:

That is the series between clubs this season

Leafs are 3-1-3 against the Habs this season.

Habs are 4-2-1 against the Leafs this season.

Guest d80jcrant
Go Habs Go!!

Well if it does go into overtime, it is a WIN, WIN for us..

GO HABS GO!!

If we lose in OT isles could mabye still take 8 spot

Archived