The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ryan Mcdonagh

jl-1

Guest overlords
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, smell that?

That's the smell of our past 2 years of 1st rounders passing on the rookie camp invite. It's cool that they're dedicated to school, but shouldn't a pro hockey players main schooling/obsession be...well..hockey???

Doesn't smell like that at all, smells like smart people...

and poptarts but that's just me.

c'est bon des poptarts.

Guest montreal
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, smell that?

That's the smell of our past 2 years of 1st rounders passing on the rookie camp invite. It's cool that they're dedicated to school, but shouldn't a pro hockey players main schooling/obsession be...well..hockey???

That's a great idea, tell kids to cut school to play hockey, wow is that smart.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9702..._ryan_mcdonagh/

This interview is pre-draft in june. I lik what this kid is saying...In particular:

HF: What are your on-ice strengths?

RM: Personally I don't want to be a one-dimensional player. If I was a coach, I'd want a guy who can play in all situations, special teams, five-on-five and penalty kill, so I just try and be strong in all aspects of the game. I want guys to be able to count on me when I am on the ice.

Nothing wrong with McDo being focused on school. I think he's doing the right thing. Put it this way: if he goes on to an illustrious NHL career, no one's going to remember or care about one missed invite camp. In the very unlikely event that he doesn't make it in the NHL and winds up out of hockey, well, focusing on his education was a pretty smart move! ;)

Nothing wrong with McDo being focused on school. I think he's doing the right thing. Put it this way: if he goes on to an illustrious NHL career, no one's going to remember or care about one missed invite camp. In the very unlikely event that he doesn't make it in the NHL and winds up out of hockey, well, focusing on his education was a pretty smart move! ;)

that kind of reminds me of Ken Dryden taking a season off to work at a law firm. Personally I never think of that when I think of Ken Dryden. It's not until I am done thinking of all the things he managed to do that I remember he took a season off.

Nothing to worry about folks ;)

Archived