The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Count Down - And More

GIJAYNE

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey cool, the MN thread is back... I'd be willing to return as Rags scout, though I'll try and be a little more... regular this time.

I may have no idea how the MN works, but this thread is still a lot of fun. So here's to an extended season of Montreal Canadiens hockey, and a big-fat 0 in the MN column sooner than later!

Hey cool, the MN thread is back... I'd be willing to return as Rags scout, though I'll try and be a little more... regular this time.

I may have no idea how the MN works, but this thread is still a lot of fun. So here's to an extended season of Montreal Canadiens hockey, and a big-fat 0 in the MN column sooner than later!

Hey Hoser... great to see you back in the saddle and ready for the race to the finish (GO HABS GO!!!)... that makes... let's see: Kindred, HTL, Newfie_GURRL and you... a good start for the scout team... of course I'll still do the Penguin Poop and be a Wildcard at times.

1. Buffalo Sabres - HTL[sabres] ... taken

2. New Jersey Devils - LE Big Fan[Devils] ???

3. Atlanta Thrashers - sun1[Thrashers] ???

4. Montreal Canadiens - [Wildcard]

5. Ottawa Senators - Iceman[senators] ???

6. Pittsburgh Penguins - HHN[Penguins] ... taken

7. Tampa Bay Lightning - Habsfan#08[Lightning] ???

8. Carolina Hurricanes - Bender[Hurricanes] ???

9. Toronto Maple Leafs - Newfie_GURRL29[Leafs] ... taken

10. New York Islanders - Kindred [islanders] ... taken

11. New York Rangers - Hoser[Rangers] ... taken

12. Washington Capitals - Hab[Capitals] ???

13. Boston Bruins - WinnipegJet[bruins] ???

14. Florida Panthers - Christowall[Panthers] ???

15. Philadelphia Flyers - stevesaku[Flyers] ???

Let's go scout team... yes or no?

Good to see the thread will be around for another season! Hope everyone had an excellent summer.

I discussed this with HLD, but unfortunately I won't be able to commit time to "scouting" this season. I have too much on my plate as is, and don't feel I can put forth enough effort to be considered reliable.

But I will certainly be checking in on the festivities whenever I log in. Here's to another great season everyone. :)

Good to see the thread will be around for another season! Hope everyone had an excellent summer.

I discussed this with HLD, but unfortunately I won't be able to commit time to "scouting" this season. I have too much on my plate as is, and don't feel I can put forth enough effort to be considered reliable.

But I will certainly be checking in on the festivities whenever I log in. Here's to another great season everyone. :)

Gatcha JET... So that makes the BRUINS officially available... any takers?

Glad you will be able to throw in your two cents here and there. We would not be complete without your insight. Also, remember to join in (if you can) with the predictions game. This year I predict we have 25+ participants.

Hey Hoser... great to see you back in the saddle and ready for the race to the finish (GO HABS GO!!!)... that makes... let's see: Kindred, HTL, Newfie_GURRL and you... a good start for the scout team... of course I'll still do the Penguin Poop and be a Wildcard at times.

1. Buffalo Sabres - HTL[sabres] ... taken

2. New Jersey Devils - LE Big Fan[Devils] ???

3. Atlanta Thrashers - sun1[Thrashers] ???

5. Ottawa Senators - Iceman[senators] ???

6. Pittsburgh Penguins - HHN[Penguins] ... taken

7. Tampa Bay Lightning - Habsfan#08[Lightning] ???

8. Carolina Hurricanes - Bender[Hurricanes] ???

9. Toronto Maple Leafs - Newfie_GURRL29[Leafs] ... taken

10. New York Islanders - Kindred [islanders] ... taken

11. New York Rangers - Hoser[Rangers] ... taken

12. Washington Capitals - Hab[Capitals] ???

13. Boston Bruins - WinnipegJet[bruins] ???

14. Florida Panthers - Christowall[Panthers] ???

15. Philadelphia Flyers - stevesaku[Flyers] ???

Let's go scout team... yes or no?

The Admiral has got the ship sailing already!

ATTENTION TO ALL THE SCOUTS:

The work done in the Mn thread is all volunteer work and the benefactors is the team its self, and the community in general. The mods have been kind enough to let us include small badges under our sig. Last year it consisted of smilies. This year, thanks to out MN Artist HHH (aka Hip Hip Huet) we boast new images. Below is the link for the scouts banner:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/nba_s...NCountdown7.jpg

So for the MN scouts, kindly include this image below your sig, and the web site for the MN blog right below it (use my sig as a template).

We're already off and running guys, and it hasn't even been 24 hours!!!

Enjoy the game tonight.

Guest Newfie_Gurrl29

Leafs Report

Game Preview

Tuesday September 18th

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Edmonton Oilers

9:00 PM

Lineup:

Darcy Tucker - Kyle Wellwood - Alexei Ponikarovsky

Jeremy Williams - Matt Stajan - Simon Gamache

Tony Salmelainen - Chad Kilger - Jiri Tlusty

Wade Belak - Kris Newbury - Ben Ondrus

Bryan McCabe - Carlo Colaiacovo

Tomas Kaberle - Bryan Muir

Jay Harrison - Derek Walser

Justin Pogge

The Maple Leafs made two roster moves on Monday as they returned goaltender James Reimer (Red Deer – WHL) and forward Dale Mitchell (Oshawa – OHL) to their respective junior clubs.

Next Game

Wednesday September 19th

TML vs PHX

8:30 PM

Hey guys, this sounds really interesting. Mind if I take a whack at scouting for the Lightning?
Okay you're on (can I call you Jimmy... you do give odds don't you?)... all Greeks are welcome... can you imagine an all Greek line playing for the Habs... imagine the announcer.... Yeesh!!!

Slap me and I'll stop :lol:

Seriously, I'd be honoured to have you as a part of our team... well then again, don't get a swelled head or anything... and you have to say GO HABS GO!!!

What do I have to do to be a MN scout?

MN scouts provide preview reports and stats to the MN thread on upcoming games for teams playing in our conference to help MN'ers make predictions on those games and just for information how things are going in our conference.

I use a combination of these:

http://www.nhl.com/; http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/daily_line/NHL/ ; http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/headToHead ; http://www.habsinsideout.com/ ; http://forecaster.ca/thescore/hockey/tott.cgi?NJ ;

1. Buffalo Sabres - HTL[sabres] ...taken

2. New Jersey Devils - ???[Devils]?

3. Atlanta Thrashers - ???[Thrashers]?

5. Ottawa Senators - ???[senators]?

6. Pittsburgh Penguins - HHN[Penguins] ...taken

7. Tampa Bay Lightning - Greek Hab[Lightning] ...taken

8. Carolina Hurricanes - ???[Hurricanes]?

9. Toronto Maple Leafs - Newfie_GURRL29[Leafs] ...taken

10. New York Islanders - Kindred [islanders] ...taken

11. New York Rangers - Hoser[Rangers] ...taken

12. Washington Capitals - ???[Capitals]?

13. Boston Bruins - ???[bruins]

14. Florida Panthers - ???[Panthers]?

15. Philadelphia Flyers - ???[Flyers]?

LE Big Fan?

sun1?

Habsfan#08?

Iceman?

Bender?

Hab?

Christowall?

stevesaku?

Guest Greek Hab
Okay you're on (can I call you Jimmy... you do give odds don't you?)... all Greeks are welcome... can you imagine an all Greek line playing for the Habs... imagine the announcer.... Yeesh!!!

Slap me and I'll stop :lol:

Seriously, I'd be honoured to have you as a part of our team... well then again, don't get a swelled head or anything... and you have to say GO HABS GO!!!

Lol...Well you can call me Jon...or if you want Jonny "the Greek". And I can actually imagine an all Greek line...I've done it on NHL07.

Dimitriakos - Zigomanis - Kostopoulos (Sweet 3rd line for me)

O, and GO HABS GO!!!

Glad to be apart of the team.

P.S.

Should i put the MN thing in my sig.?

Lol...Well you can call me Jon...or if you want Jonny "the Greek". And I can actually imagine an all Greek line...I've done it on NHL07.

O, and GO HABS GO!!!

P.S.

Yes of course here is the URL to add...

[ img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/nba_street_vol/MNCountdown7.jpg[/img ]

don't forget to remove the spaces (beginning and end)

O, and GO HABS GO!!!

P.S.

Welcome aboard GH. Always glad to have new perspectives on board. Oh and don't mind the Admiral's ramblings. Although they seem weird at first, you'll come to enjoy them...and even look forward to them eventually (don't ever change HHN :P).

Looking forward to your in depth research contribution to the thread.

PS Don't forget the blog site html for your sig ;)

Well, this sounds interesting. How do you participate other than scouting? I doubt I'd have the time and dedication required to be a scout but I'd be curious enough to follow along with the thread throughout the season anyway.

*cough* or maybe I should just check out the MN blog *cough* ;)

By the way, the blog's standings have logos matched up with the wrong teams. :P

Well, this sounds interesting. How do you participate other than scouting? I doubt I'd have the time and dedication required to be a scout but I'd be curious enough to follow along with the thread throughout the season anyway.

just post :P when they start the trivia basically you jump right. HLD posts a review of the previous nights game and we talk about the good points of the game and go from there.

Yeah, since there are no points I left the standings image as is. Lack of motivation on my part I guess.

Archived