The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Count Down - And More

GIJAYNE

sig.png

THE COB WEBS ARE OFF:

OK so the goaltending did not live up to its hype. Concern? Problem? Not at all. As Carb put it so perfectly last night, it is more than normal that both goaltenders wee a bit edgy and nervous. Price has had all this media attention and expectations, whilst Halak was outperforming everyone in training camp and no one was talking about him.

In my opinion it is blessing in disguise that the “heebee geebeezz” got left on the ice last night. Now they can get back to doing what they do best.

Remember the epic moment in Rocket Richard’s career when the team pulled in to New York after being notified that the home team would ensure Maurice would leave the game in a stretcher. He took matters into his own hands and made a clear statement that “we will not be pushed around”. Well I couldn’t help but think of that event when I watched Latandresse cream a Pens jersey on to the boards behind their net, following a head hunter hit on him in his previous shift. Not that I comparing a grand and majestic moment in Rocket’s career to a pre-season game event, but the attitude Guillaume brought to the ice last night shows a promises that the upcoming young corp might provide this attitude of “not being physically intimidated” to a team who has desperately lacked it in the past decade or more. I’m not advocating having goons on a team to push the other guys around, but a clean retaliation like the one Guillaume dished out following a shoulder to the head will make a team think twice about getting into a physical battle with our HABS. As we all know this has been a down fall for our team, and last year we lost most of our games when the opposing team was fore-checking hard and hitting our D behind the net. If Latandresse, Cote, Lapierre, Begin, Komisarek, and others begin to lay a few solid and legal hits in response, I recon any offence will be more hesitant in entering the game with a sense of physical superiority resulting in less confidence. Like Kirk always like to yell across the ice “STOP AND GO BOYS!! STOP AND GO!!”

NL STANDINGS OCTOBER 4:

TBA

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gazette ran an article today about the boo birds last night but did mention that on the Pens power play that Koivu got the short handed goal you could see why Price has gotten all this hype.

I agree there isn't anything to worry about just yet, however both Halak and Price need to step it up in their next games since Huet is making it clear he doesn't want to be a back up.

sweet lord he can't be that big now is he :blink: :blink:

8.5 months now...time flies. It doesn't help also that he's a tall boy (75th percentile).

The most significant news of course is the fact that he seems to love watching the HABS. I have a feeling it might have to do with the red jersey moving around the TV screen than understanding the game ( :unsure::rolleyes:), but none the less he watched the first period with me and never took his eyes off the play until commercial break (so proud :D). Hopefully by January bed time will be an hour later so we can watch two periods together :lol:

Guest Greek Hab

This morning I was listening to the 'Stock Exchange" with P-J Stock, and he brought up a very valid point to the Habs physical toughness in the NHL. We are a soft team. Sure it would be great to have an enforcer on the team to get back at other goons who are roughing up our own, but I think the bigger,and more punctual issue, should be to have an all around TEAM physical toughness and state of mind.

We need some "umph!". If we have guys who can skate and play tough, our confidence will skyrocket. Gui, who somewhat defined himself last night, made a statement "I will not be pushed around." That's fine, but Gui got taken by a rookie last night...what happens if Laraque gets a hold of him? Gui has branded himself now to say that he can fight.

The whole team needs to stand up for everyone. We don't need ONE big time scrapper...we need 5 or 6 tough guys, but also skilled...aka Gui, Komo, Lapierre(he hits, he talks the talk...why not complete him so he can walk the walk aswell), Kostopo(I want so badly for Tom to be our rough/touch/go to guy if someone is messing with our boys), Bouillon(he may be small, I don't expect him to be taking Chara, but if he just hits people in the zone continuously, what's wrong with that?), even Begin.

If we feed these few players to be tough(and I don't mean drop the gloves), but act like the Ducks did last year(aka opposing team is always watching their back) continuous hits, it could possibly spread and we can match up against the tough western teams.

Everyone needs to back up each other.

P.S.

Nice looking baby HDL.

Guest Greek Hab

Tonight's players and lines (Defence lines, I'm not sure):

A. Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Kovalev

Ferland - Plekanec - S. Kostitsyn

Lahti - Chipchura - Beauregard

Locke - Manlow - Murray

Markov - Komisarek

Valentenko - Streit

Gorges - Degon

Huet

Danis

Guest hatethoseleafs

LATEST CUP WINNING ODDS

Hockey - Futures

Odds to win the 2007-08 Stanley Cup Odds

Anaheim Ducks 4/1

Atlanta Thrashers 25/1

Boston Bruins 50/1

Buffalo Sabres 18/1

Calgary Flames 17/1

Carolina Hurricanes 33/1

Chicago Blackhawks 90/1

Colorado Avalanche 15/1

Columbus Blue Jackets 70/1

Dallas Stars 25/1

Detroit Red Wings 5/1

Edmonton Oilers 50/1

Florida Panthers 40/1

Los Angeles Kings 20/1

Minnesota Wild 15/1

Montreal Canadiens 35/1

Nashville Predators 20/1

New Jersey Devils 20/1

New York Islanders 50/1

New York Rangers 15/2

Ottawa Senators 5/1

Philadelphia Flyers 15/1

Phoenix Coyotes 50/1

Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1

San Jose Sharks 7/1

St. Louis Blues 35/1

Tampa Bay Lightning 30/1

Toronto Maple Leafs 33/1

Vancouver Canucks 15/1

Washington Capitals 45/1

Odds to win the 2007-08 Eastern Conference Championship Odds

Atlanta Thrashers 11/1

Boston Bruins 22/1

Buffalo Sabres 8/1

Carolina Hurricanes 18/1

Florida Panthers 20/1

Montreal Canadiens 17/1

New Jersey Devils 8/1

New York Islanders 22/1

New York Rangers 4/1

Ottawa Senators 5/2

Philadelphia Flyers 15/2

Pittsburgh Penguins 4/1

Tampa Bay Lightning 12/1

Toronto Maple Leafs 15/1

Washington Capitals 20/1

Odds to win the 2007-08 Western Conference Championship Odds

Anaheim Ducks 2/1

Calgary Flames 12/1

Chicago Blackhawks 45/1

Colorado Avalanche 8/1

Columbus Blue Jackets 35/1

Dallas Stars 10/1

Detroit Red Wings 3/1

Edmonton Oilers 30/1

Los Angeles Kings 12/1

Minnesota Wild 8/1

Nashville Predators 12/1

Phoenix Coyotes 25/1

San Jose Sharks 4/1

St. Louis Blues 18/1

Vancouver Canucks 7/1

Guest Newfie_Gurrl29

Leafs Report

Game Review

Leafs Fall In Pre-Season Opener

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app?gameNum...mp;service=page

Game Preview

Tonights Lineup

Forwards:

Jason Blake - Mats Sundin - Nik Antropov

Chad Kilger - John Pohl - Alex Steen

Bates Battaglia - Simon Gamache - Jeremy Williams

Colin Murphy - Ben Ondrus - Nathan Perrott

Defence:

Hal Gill - Ian White

Andy Wozniewski - Pavel Kubina

Bruno St. Jacques - Staffan Kronwall

Goalies:

Andrew Raycroft - Starting

Justin Pogge

Newfie_Gurrl29

:)

How about those photos of little HLD... sweet huh ;)

How about those scouts... already getting themselves in shape for the season... of course I'm NOT into it yet big-time, but who's the boss eh? I'm getting slower with age.

35 to 1 odds for our Habs eh? HTL did you fudge the numbers on purpose?

Can't be Habs fans now can they.

GO HABS GO!!! BOO everyone else (especially those "cough" blue meanies... and a lot of other things we'd all like to call them)

Guest hatethoseleafs
35 to 1 odds for our Habs eh? HTL did you fudge the numbers on purpose?

Can't be Habs fans now can they.

GO HABS GO!!! BOO everyone else (especially those "cough" blue meanies... and a lot of other things we'd all like to call them)

No fudging on my part HHN. Just a bunch of wannabe hockey experts picking numbers from a wheel led by their master Maggie the monkey. :P

P.S. I'm already in shape ( round :rolleyes: ), so i'll save my reports for the real games. :D

Guest Newfie_Gurrl29

Leafs Report

Game Review

Leafs 3 vs Coyotes 2

Game Preview

Tonights Lineup

Forwards

Alexei Ponikarovsky - Alex Steen - Darcy Tucker

Jiri Tlusty - Matt Stajan - Tony Slamaleinen

Bates Battaglia - John Pohl - John Mitchell

Collin Murphy Kris Newbury - Wade Belak

Defence

Bryan McCabe - Carlo Colaiacovo

Tomas Kaberle - Ian White

Staffan Kronwall - Anton Stralman

Goalies

Vesa Toskala - Starting

Scott Clemmensen

Next Game

September 24 vs Ottawa Senators

Newfie_Gurrl29

Leafs Report

Game Review

Leafs 3 vs Coyotes 2

Game Preview

Tonights Lineup

Forwards

Alexei Ponikarovsky - Alex Steen - Darcy Tucker

Jiri Tlusty - Matt Stajan - Tony Slamaleinen

Bates Battaglia - John Pohl - John Mitchell

Collin Murphy Kris Newbury - Wade Belak

Defence

Bryan McCabe - Carlo Colaiacovo

Tomas Kaberle - Ian White

Staffan Kronwall - Anton Stralman

Goalies

Vesa Toskala - Starting

Scott Clemmensen

Next Game

September 24 vs Ottawa Senators

Newfie_Gurrl29

What... no blue today sport?

Seriously though... good stuff... I'll have to catch up with the dedication soon...

Guest Cenner Hice

Phew!

Made it.

Again, I go away for a break and come back to find we're up and running. Took me to page 9 to get on last year. So page 4 ain't bad. Must be the little chap keeping me on my toes. The littlest Dag looks happy to be wearing the bleu, blanc, rouge. Runs in the family, obviously. Picture of Hice jr. will be forthcoming...

I'm up for managing some predictions this season. Don't have the sig to go with it, but I'm sure that will be sorted out soon (plz, #1). I've had a stab at making my own, but it makes out I'm the P.M. - delusions of grandeur?

Anyhoo: Let's get ready to rumble and, in the words of the General:

w00t-1.jpg

Phew!

Made it.

Again, I go away for a break and come back to find we're up and running. Took me to page 9 to get on last year. So page 4 ain't bad. Must be the little chap keeping me on my toes. The littlest Dag looks happy to be wearing the bleu, blanc, rouge. Runs in the family, obviously. Picture of Hice jr. will be forthcoming...

I'm up for managing some predictions this season. Don't have the sig to go with it, but I'm sure that will be sorted out soon (plz, #1). I've had a stab at making my own, but it makes out I'm the P.M. - delusions of grandeur?

w00t-1.jpg

Impressive entrance CH and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of the young'un in his Habs digs... welcome back :D

Phew!

Made it.

w00t-1.jpg

Welcome back Cenner. Looking forward to updated pics of the wee one. He looked awesome in the ones you sent during the summer.

As for your sig, I'll get on it. The MN Artist (HHH) should get back to you promptly. He has been most helpful getting us going this season.

Guest NWT_Habs_Fan

Oh man, log on to see what's going on in the forum and low and behold the MN IS BACK!!!! I have no idea how much I'll be able to do this year, but since DK has updated the macro so that the stats run in about 5 minutes now I think I could handle that. I don't think I would be very reliable about scouting, unless it's for the Oils as I'm in Edmonton now!

Someone want to give me a quick run-down on what I'd have to do if I were to join as a scout/

Would it just be posting important stories and line-ups for the team I choose?

Let me know.

Archived