The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want him to be fine for tonight!

I doubt he's playing tonight for the sole reason that Carbo wants to see what Aebi can do.

Apparently, Aebi starting has nothing to do with the Wall's performance or the cramps. He has 2 good goalies and he wants to see how they do.

Guest sportsfreak_39

He will alwasys change goalies in back to bakc game just so he can keep Huet fresh. Personally I like that decision b/c Toronto is the worse team and I want Huet frsh for Philly(despote wut ppl may think after the Pens game Philyl is good)

Guest TORHABSFAN

ok I am hearing mixed reports here. Now I read the preview on NHL.com and they are saying Huet is starting.. I guess I am going to have to wait and see on this one.

Guest sportsfreak_39
ok I am hearing mixed reports here.  Now I read the preview on NHL.com and they are saying Huet is starting.. I guess I am going to have to wait and see on this one.

As much as I hate TSN theyre usually accuarate in their reports on Canadian teams NHL.com probbaly assumes Huet is starting.

Guest TORHABSFAN
As much as I hate TSN theyre usually accuarate in their reports on Canadian teams NHL.com probbaly assumes Huet is starting.

Yeah you may be right, however I think it may be a game time decission. Perhaps Carbo is keeping his options open.

I will be at the game tonight and if I see Huet hit the ice first I will be a very happy guy!

Guest Rainman
He will alwasys change goalies in back to bakc game just so he can keep Huet fresh. Personally I like that decision b/c Toronto is the worse team and I want Huet frsh for Philly(despote wut ppl may think after the Pens game Philyl is good)

I don't agree that Carbo would always change goalies simply bcs of b-2-b games, but having Aebi ready, willing and able is a huge plus for him and the team. There are quite a few weeks in the sched with either 4 games or a b-2-b with only one day 'til the next game; look for Aebi to cover some of those games for sure.

I'm sure Huet wants to prove to himself and the team that last year was no fluke, but I don't think he's looking to hurt himself in the process. If what he was working thru last nite was more than "cramps" - i.e. groin strain, etc. - I think he's smart enough to admit it and step aside. Other than the shootout, I thought he looked great last nite. More power to him!

GO HABS GO!!!

i think cristobel played very well last night. he looked very much in control. without some of his magnificent glove work, the habs might not have had a chance for two points. unfortunately, the boys had one breakdown (the out-of-the-box briere breakaway) that led to the huge momentum shift and eventual game tying goal. until then, they looked to have the sabres frustrated, especially when the yellow slugs (are those sweaters hideous or what?) took those consecutive penalties they were taking. as for tonight i think abby's going to get the start, primarily for the back to back game reason, though i don't think that this will be a constant throughout the season. better to give huet some rest (four days) rather than push him and risk possible injury (is this confirmed?). GO HABS GO! Kovey, pulverize tucker again, PLEASE! i loved that hit last year.

Archived