The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#14 Tomas Plekanec 2007-08

jl-1

4 sure hes there to stay

question is , is grabs a 4th liner?

I think lapierre is better in his spot.

And then if that is the case, do we hold grabs or trade him off?

The second line belongs to this guy. Sorry rookies, grind your teeth on the fourth line and hope for a break.

Quoted for truth! Pleks never should have lost the second line spot in the first place. I was just upset with how the situation was handled: yank Pleks from the second line for no reason, play Grabs there for two games, then yank him before he's had a chance to prove himself. Plekanec should have started the season centering Kovy and Kosts and Grabs should have been on the fourth line.

In any case, I'm dumbfounded watching the Mechanic go to work these days. He is showing me things on the ice I simply didn't think he was capable of. His vision is excellent, his stickhandling superlative, he has a nose for the net, and now he's developing quite the shot from the faceoff circle. If I'm Carbo, I am looking for reasons to get this guy on the ice in any situation.

Guest CanadianMike
The second line belongs to this guy. Sorry rookies, grind your teeth on the fourth line and hope for a break.

:lol: LOL

I love Pleks (he doesn't get enough respect around here). One of my fav Habs that is for sure!

Guest RedLightRacicot
:lol: LOL

I love Pleks (he doesn't get enough respect around here). One of my fav Habs that is for sure!

I think most fans have warmed up to the idea that he is our guy this year, hopefully respect will come with time!

I think most fans have warmed up to the idea that he is our guy this year, hopefully respect will come with time!

yep :) some fans were/are slower to see the light but they're forgiven. the learning curve is not the same for everyone but in the end, i'm sure everyone will pass the 'plek is the man' test with flying colors :lol:

Guest f30marco

"hmmm......grabs or pleks?? that is the question..............HEY kovy stop dreaming out there! pleks made you better, not the other way around! its the fact that he can play defencivly as well as score that you should take into consideration".

hahaha good job pleks!! show kovy who had 20 goals last year and who didnt! now would you still rather have grabs or pleks? not bashing grabs or anything but lets face it, plekanec should on the second line, period!

Here is to taking this second line to new heights

Cheers

Yes please lets not try the Latendresse-Plekanek-Kostopolous experiment again.

Plekanek has had success with Kovy and Kostitsyn in the past, although I'd still prefer Koivu with those two, this can be a very good line. I really like Plekanek, he isn't the most skilled or flashy guy out there, but he gets the job done, and with results.

Guest overlords
"hmmm......grabs or pleks?? that is the question..............HEY kovy stop dreaming out there! pleks made you better, not the other way around! its the fact that he can play defencivly as well as score that you should take into consideration".

hahaha good job pleks!! show kovy who had 20 goals last year and who didnt! now would you still rather have grabs or pleks? not bashing grabs or anything but lets face it, plekanec should on the second line, period!

well the thing is now that grabovski, while having some chemistry with kovy, hasn't done anything yet. PLeks got 2 points in his first start on the 2nd line. I honestly thing that pleks has earned his spot with last year's play and that if ever we need another WINGER grabs can fill it in, but i don't think he'll be stealing plek's spot anytime soon.

well the thing is now that grabovski, while having some chemistry with kovy, hasn't done anything yet. PLeks got 2 points in his first start on the 2nd line. I honestly thing that pleks has earned his spot with last year's play and that if ever we need another WINGER grabs can fill it in, but i don't think he'll be stealing plek's spot anytime soon.

That's the thing, I wanted Grabs on this team, but I was thinking third or fourth line winger or something, not stealing Plekanek's spot

Well, with all the line juggling we see since the beginning of the season, I dont really see this as a demotion but rather as a role assignment. Pleky is very polyvalent so it's normal that the coach asks different things of him according to the opposing team. I will begin to think demotion only when I dont see Plekanec on the PP and PK and/or when his TOI is reduced significantly.

He played a strong game last night and his 2 way abilities will be sollicited tomorrow against the sens.

Edit: kostopoulos is starting to play very well and if lats finally finds himself on the ice, this line will be strong

Guest Miltie01
Well looks like Plekanec got demoted yet again. During practice today he was between Latendresse and Kostopoulos according to HabsInside/Out.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/10/price..._face_senators/

You really have to get this demotion idea out of your head.

He is just getting a different responsability when playing on this line.

It is actually a tribute to his good defensive play, while still being able to produce points.

because we are an offensive juggernaut, we can use him on the third, and he will help us keep the sens from crawling back once we are up a couple of goals.

Guest St. B. Voyageur

I think it is becoming clear that Plekanec is a better centre for Kovalev than Grabvoksi. I like that Carbo promoted him and Guillaume to play with Kovy midway through the game. This could be our long lost second scoring line. With Smolinski and Chipchura behind him I do not see a need to have Plekanec toiling with players who are not at his skill level...We need to get two scoring lines going and I think our first line is doing everything right to get goals, so the goals will come, and Plekanec to me is the cornerstone of an effective second line (with Kovalev)...

Archived