The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#44 Roman Hamrlik 2007-08

jl-1

are you calling me a liar? :unsure: I know what I know and I see what I see. That's it.

I'm not calling you a liar. But what are your opinions based on here? You have yet to tell me why you think Hamrlik has a bad attitude.

What,now we can't express what first hand experiences have happened to some fans ??

Explain to me please sir mod!

Well, if you look at the timing of my post, it was before you piped up about what happened to your friend's kid. Talk about your first-hand experiences all you want. Besides which, none of this has anything to do with me being a moderator. We're just having a discussion. You express an opinion. I disagree. We go back and forth. As long as we stay within the rules, everything's fine.

What I initially saw was members making unsubstantiated comments about Hamrlik's bad attitude and then treating those comments as established fact. And that I have a problem with. If Hamrlik has a bad attitude, let's hear why. :)

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK

I havent seen a lot of the hammer so far this year. Which is kind of better than seeing the old #44 getting owned on D all the time. But the old #44 scored some points. Im still waiting for Hamrlik to find his niche here. Patience, then he will score.

Guest ALBERTAhabsfan
I'm not calling you a liar. But what are your opinions based on here? You have yet to tell me why you think Hamrlik has a bad attitude.

Well, if you look at the timing of my post, it was before you piped up about what happened to your friend's kid. Talk about your first-hand experiences all you want. Besides which, none of this has anything to do with me being a moderator. We're just having a discussion. You express an opinion. I disagree. We go back and forth. As long as we stay within the rules, everything's fine.

What I initially saw was members making unsubstantiated comments about Hamrlik's bad attitude and then treating those comments as established fact. And that I have a problem with. If Hamrlik has a bad attitude, let's hear why. :)

"unsubstantiated comments"?

Hey,i asked a question,don't get all bent out of shape about what i posted sir mod.

I posted what i seen first hand,mike did also but said it in a different way,what more proof do you want,pictures?

Guest ALBERTAhabsfan
Which is kind of better than seeing the old #44 getting owned on D all the time. But the old #44 scored some points. Im still waiting for Hamrlik to find his niche here. Patience, then he will score.

Owned all the time on D,really,then how did he get points?

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
Owned all the time on D,really,then how did he get points?

Did i say he didnt get points ? I believe i did say he got points... sir albertahabsfan

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
I don't need to go into detail, but I can't cheer for someone that doesn't treat fans and bell centre employees with a little respect.

Whats all this? More info, please?

yeah, im interested too...canadien mike i know your a media guy, is he rude to you guys? weeps right, share the info! i dont know where i stand on this guy yet, i dont notice him, but as its been pointed out maybe thats good. but sometimes thats bad, for 5.5 mill i was expecting to notice him.

lol, ok this guy is amazing,

I was watching it on the american feed, so the penguins channel.

They kept refering him as sourray, as there fools, and a few other player they caleld the wrong name aswell, like pleks they called bonk and so on.

Anyways when ham made a great defensive play on there forwards, they then showed one made by the #44 last year, anyways that one ended up being a highlight goal by the pens,

This #44 is 100x better defensively then last years,

They probably got an out-of-date players list.

bonk wore 14 last year (the number Plecks is now wearing) and Hamirlik is wearing Souray's old number.

Not everyone can be smart, y'know :)

I don't need to go into detail, but I can't cheer for someone that doesn't treat fans and bell centre employees with a little respect.

Can you at least try to explain what you're talking about, or are you going to keep making vague remarks?

Guest CanadianMike
yeah, im interested too...canadien mike i know your a media guy, is he rude to you guys? weeps right, share the info! i dont know where i stand on this guy yet, i dont notice him, but as its been pointed out maybe thats good. but sometimes thats bad, for 5.5 mill i was expecting to notice him.

I am just a hockey fan. :mellow:

If you don't want to go into detail, fine (I would actually suggest leaving this kind of thing off the open forum anyways) but you shouldn't bring it up in the first place then, all it does is create a situation where members want to know.

The thing I like about watching Hamrlik play so far is he makes it look easy to get out of his zone.He has been very good at starting offensive attacks by making great passes to the forwards.I hope he keeps it up,then I won't miss Souray so much.

Guest overlords

The thing i like most so far is that even though we're noticing some scew ups every now and then, we're still outshooting our opponents. I can't remember when we were outshooting our opponents this consistently. Granted its only the first few games but it's a good start and if they don't catch the flu or the black plague or wtv, they should be fine. Hamrlik IMO is one of the main reasons of this i believe...

We got spoiled with sourrays point production.. It isnt going to happen again

In the meantime this guy kind of reminds me of markov he isnt a flashy big hitter type of defense, hes simply in the right place @ the right time with his stick on the ice,

Great style!

The thing i like most so far is that even though we're noticing some scew ups every now and then, we're still outshooting our opponents. I can't remember when we were outshooting our opponents this consistently. Granted its only the first few games but it's a good start and if they don't catch the flu or the black plague or wtv, they should be fine. Hamrlik IMO is one of the main reasons of this i believe...

I think this is a stat people can look at to see how effective Hamrlik actually is. I mean if you look at his stats, you are inclined to think "well, what exactly are we paying 5M$ for? He hasn't even scored yet." Truth is, his 18-20 minutes of mistake free hockey is absolutely massive, he'll pick up a few points here and there but that isn't what were paying him for.

He's looked good. I'm not sure he's a 5 million defenseman, but that's what the market demanded and we had to pay it. I wish he had a bit more of an offensive dimension for that price, but our defense does look a fair bit more solid.

I hope you werent the one of the people that wanted Gainey to sign Hannan, because Hamrlik is like Hannan is a DEFENSIVE DEFENSMEN!!! Condition your brains to accept that. He's playing the big minutes and good defensively!!

Guest FlHabsFan

I dont care if he doesnt score a goal all year, as long as he makes up for it by making sure the other team doesnt score either.

Shelly scored lots of points, but was scored on many times. Maybe you can score 20ish goals, but what good is that if you allow 40ish goals? I know a lot of people say the stat is meaningless, but a +/- of -28 last year? Yikes!

So far our goalies are only facing 28-33ish goals a game. Last year was closer to 40. So I think the decision was a good one.

Its Hammer time!

I hope you werent the one of the people that wanted Gainey to sign Hannan, because Hamrlik is like Hannan is a DEFENSIVE DEFENSMEN!!! Condition your brains to accept that. He's playing the big minutes and good defensively!!

With respect, nobody has to 'condition their brains' to accept anything on these boards. Everyone is free to think and post what they want within the rules.

Guest Habsfan_11

Hamrlik has been a silent assassin thus far. He's been killing the oppositions offensive plays without lots of fans fully noticing. He is very strong defensively. He's 2nd on the team in minutes, hasn't taken any penalties, and he's got a +1 rating.

We're also outshooting our opposition. I think he's a good part of the reason why. Breaking up the oppositions plays, and turing them into offensive plays of our own.

Through the first few games, I've been impressed with his play.

Hamrlik has been a silent assassin thus far. He's been killing the oppositions offensive plays without lots of fans fully noticing. He is very strong defensively. He's 2nd on the team in minutes, hasn't taken any penalties, and he's got a +1 rating.

We're also outshooting our opposition. I think he's a good part of the reason why. Breaking up the oppositions plays, and turing them into offensive plays of our own.

Through the first few games, I've been impressed with his play.

Quoted for truth and also because I just love the silent assassin phrase, I'm stealing it ;)

Archived