The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#46 Andrei Kostitsyn 2007-08

jl-1

Guest f30marco
I thought he looked very solid, he did what he could with limited PP time and 13 minutes of total ice time.

the amount of penalties we took in the first really hampered his icetime.

i truly saw his potential last night as he has the power to be a very good player, i just hope he learns alittle quicker cause he almost lost his head last night.

Guest habs_fan1160

I'm hoping he scores his first goal of the season against the Leafs on Saturday.

It's a big game, so we'll need our goal-scorers to step up.

If there's anything last season taught me it's that every point counts and ever game is huge.

Guest icepick

hey, im doing a hockey draft right now. Is andrei actually considered a rookie? Some stats have him playing 22 games last year, and i think 20 is the limit.

Guest Oatmeal777

Hopefully he turns into a leaf killer type. He scored on them once last season (and got the shootout winner) and he scored against them last night too.

Guest muskeg

i'm certainly glad he got his first goal early...the fact that he was inches from his second is also cause for smiles..a bigger smile if it would've hit the back of the net, of course.

Like Streit, Andrei has shown only improvement since he got here. As long as he continues to improve I have no problem with him making mistakes. This year will be a long learning process for him but he certainly has all the tools to become a force in this league. He shouldn't be counted on to carry the team right now, or ever, for that matter, but provided he takes no steps backwards, he can be a very important piece of our team.

Guest Memo Gonzales

Andrei was quite invisible last night. He can be very effective and he will. Didn't notice the possible injury, hopefully nothing serious...

Guest RedLightRacicot
Andrei was quite invisible last night. He can be very effective and he will. Didn't notice the possible injury, hopefully nothing serious...

I wouldn't say he was invisible, he wasn't as prevalent as the first two games but he wasn't invisible. I like how this guy with all his skill still manages to throw his weight around a hit some guys. ;)

Guest habs_fan1160

I haven't heard anything about him being injured. Hopefully it's nothing serious. It was a big hit. Nothing good ever comes from the Leafs (Roberts).

He wasn't invisible at all. He threw his weight around, created scoring chances, battled in the corners, and helped on the backcheck. Don't mistake a lack of points for a lack of presence.

Excellent post.

Guest Greek Hab
I don't think he is. He got cut when Roberts threw the cheapshot elbow/high-stick late in the third period. But he got up and skated off. I think he's okay.

Penalty...of course not... <_<;)

Archived