The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#46 Andrei Kostitsyn 2007-08

jl-1

Are you kidding me? This is the deal that took over a month and a half to figure out? A simple 3 year deal worth the same amount each season. Of course I'm happy he's signed to a reasonable contract but it should never have taken this long.

BREAKING NEWS:

Montreal Canadiens agree to terms with restricted free agent Andreew Kostitsyn. Sources say it's a three year deal worth $3.25 million per year. Details to follow.

Great news!!!!!!

I was thinking $3.5 million. But with the huge contract for Jeff Carter I was worried it would be more like $4.5 million or worse someone would make an offer sheet.

Three years. Should be more then happy to bring the family to Montreal to live.

Are you kidding me? This is the deal that took over a month and a half to figure out? A simple 3 year deal worth the same amount each season. Of course I'm happy he's signed to a reasonable contract but it should never have taken this long.

That deal is absolutely great. Haven't you seen other players signing for much more? After those 3 years we still have one year of Kostitsyn as RFA left which should be good to sign him prior he reaches UFA status.

It's a shame Bob didn't show the same patience with Ryder as he showed with A Kostitsyn when he struggled in the AHL!!!

We are a better team with both of them! But now watch out for Boston!

I don't fear Ryder even if he has a good season of 30-40 goals next year. I don't consider him more then a good player of which there are a lot in the NHL.

On the otherhand I believe Andrei Kostitsyn has the potential to be an very good player. Perhaps not a 100 point guy, but I think he could be a 80 or 90 point guy at some point.

overall not a bad deal, but 3.2 a year coming off just the one good season is a bit to much of a raise for me but hopefully he will justify it the talent is surely there

It is a three-year deal though; if he puts up 20 goals and 50+ points next season, he's pretty much an instant $3-$4-million + in this inflated cap age.

Archived