The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#51 Francis Bouillon 2007-08

jl-1

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27

I love the Cube and all he brings to the table, but he has to get his shot off quicker. If he is going to join rushes then, as the trailer, the puck will almost always come to him. He's got to be able to get the puck on net to give the forwards who are streaking to the net a chance to get a stick on the puck.

I counted at least two occasions where he joined the rush and was fed the puck coming in over the blue line and was stripped of the puck because he took too long to tee it up. If he gets stripped at the blue line, there are at least two forwards caught up ice and gives the opposition an odd man rush going back the other way.

• 1 month later...
He was injured?

Yeah, he bummed his ankle on April Fools day, and missed 8 games - including 5 in the first round with Boston.

I think Francis had an under appreciated year. He only chipped in with 8 points, but low scoring has been a story of his entire career. He really did shine defensively, posting a +9 rating. He logged decent minutes a game, too: 14.01/60 minutes at Even Strength, 2.63/60 on the PP and, on occasion, on the PK (despite great defensive numbers, because of his size).

What is most impressive, however, is his team leading 1.91 GAON/60. Even though he doesn't score, he logged 2.43 GFON/60, giving him a team leading for D-men +9. Only Ryan O'Byrne had a better differential of GAON and GFON/60.

All in all, he definitely exceeded my expectations - especially seeing as he played the majority of the year with an inexperienced Josh Gorges. As far as next year goes, if he gets close to what he did this year, it will be another successful campaign for him.

• 3 weeks later...
He always lays some major hits during each and every game, and another great assett is hes super fast

Bouillon can't be faulted for lack of hitting, but I don't think he is super fast. He is a good skater, with good mobility, but he's not super fast. He's not the type to break into the open with super speed, and go in on a breakaway. He is a good skater, who is dependable in his own end of the ice. He has to keep it simple, and play to his strengths.

• 1 month later...

Archived