The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#51 Francis Bouillon 2007-08

jl-1

Carolina's coaching staff commented that Boulion is one of those great players that no one ever hears about, as he always has huge games against the Canes.

Gainey said Bouillon had a rough year last year, due to the knee surgery, he is a smaller guy who uses his mobilty for making all of his plays, last year he wasnt as mobile, this year hes back into shape, so all is better

Guest St. B. Voyageur
Carolina's coaching staff commented that Boulion is one of those great players that no one ever hears about, as he always has huge games against the Canes.

Gainey said Bouillon had a rough year last year, due to the knee surgery, he is a smaller guy who uses his mobilty for making all of his plays, last year he wasnt as mobile, this year hes back into shape, so all is better

He is a great open ice hitter, very good lateral movement. He is consistently winning puck battles this year, and playing with an edge. He has earned Carbo's confidence early on...

Nice head shot by Gonchar on him...he's lucky Frankie Knuckles didn't give it back to him.

Guest Jesus Price

lots of trade boullion talk which I really dont understand.. he had a rough year lastyear, but he was coming off an injury..so far this year he looks alot like 05-06 Boullion which is a VERY good thing. The 5th Dman role he serves, I feel he does a very strong job. He plays with alot of heart and he will crash and bang with guys twice his size. He is also not afraid to drop the gloves. I really like Frank the Tank, and I hope he keeps doing his thing.

Guest thefooligan5

It's about time ... even habs fans are starting to reconizze

I can't wait until one of his shots finally finds its way into the net ...

he is easily the most effective hitter on the team; not always the biggest hits but he positions himself very well in order to either immobilize the opponent or make it very difficult to continue after the puck around Bouillon

Watch with him out of the line up for tonight hit, Due to the dirty hit with 2 seconds left in the game by gonachar i beleive it was,

We will now see how much of a asset Bouillon is, as georges will be taking his place.

Guest Banishing Blade

With Bouillon down, though he wasn't our best d-man, we lose a substantial amount of grit. I haven't minded his play thus far in the season, but you can't deny that he's a little pit-bull. You'd be hard-pressed to find a current d-man on the 23-man roster to replace him (shifting Dandenault to defense wouldn't replace the grit).

Even though everyone here pretty much wants to trade this guy, look @ what a impact it is when hes not on the ice, we have dandy who can take his spot if hes injured for a long period of time, but hes doing soo well on forward it would be shame..

Beleive it or not, hes a big part of the team, And he aint all that bad :)

U only realize what u got when its gone,

Guest StratfordStreak

Who would want to trade this guy?

He has a heart as big as a lion, will pretty much fight anyone if needed and plays an all around solid defensive game.

• 2 weeks later...

Very rough night at the office for the Cube, he was out of position a lot, took a completely unnecessary delay of game penalty, and then of course, the hit to Ward, which wasn't dirty or anything, but which kind of cast a blight on his evening. Let's hope he bounces back against the Sens.

tsn.ca's postgame report is saying that Bouillon elbowed Ward. How can they say that when on the birds eye view camera clearly showed that it was incidental contact between Wards face and Bouillons shoulder pad as Ward was turning.

Good thing they're making Bouillon seem like a dirty player.

Near the top.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=222486&hubname=

Guest 1970 Habs
Very rough night at the office for the Cube, he was out of position a lot, took a completely unnecessary delay of game penalty, and then of course, the hit to Ward, which wasn't dirty or anything, but which kind of cast a blight on his evening. Let's hope he bounces back against the Sens.

As with Gorges he was probably just rusty from not playing for a while.

No reason he should not bounce back. :)

Archived