The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#51 Francis Bouillon 2007-08

jl-1

Guest jennifer_rocket
I was watching the game and clearly saw Ward unknowingly run into Bouillon as Bouillon was jumping into the play. This was on a replay that RDS showed once, as far as I can remember. It looked 100 % accidental. That's just my two cents, but I certainly don't see how it could've been considered an elbow, and I don't even see how anyone can claim it was intentional. Ward wasn't watching where he was going and Bouillon was watching the play as he was jumping into it.

Upon watching the RDS clip again, it may've been an elbow that made contact with a forward leaning Ward, but I would hardly call it intentional. Complete accident as far as I can tell. Has Bouillon ever had a history of dirty hits/suspensions?

Guest Gumper-73
My biggest problem with the "collision" is that even though it doesn't appear an elbow or shoulder is thrown (from TSN's poor camera angle, which puts the players just outside right before the collision), what can be seen is Bouillon making no effort to get skate around Ward; essentially, Bouillon skated right through him, with his head up (so I don't think we can classify it as incidental contact when I'm sure he could see where he was skating).

If this were Ward walking through Bouillon, I'm POSITIVE we'd be hearing a different story on these boards right now.

How can we be judging our own guy guilty when no one has a clear view of the hit? If you've played the game, the only clear thing is that the only guy who knows is Bouillon. From all indicators that I've seen: this was accepted contact with no intent to injure. Bouillon was racing back on the ice to even the numbers, Ward wasn't looking, Franky either ran into him unintnetionally or went through him. The unfortunate part is that Bouillon is small but built like a fire hydrant and that Ward is so tall and would have been relaxed as they collided. If Bouillon elbowed Ward I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be more testimony to the fact as given the height difference Bouillon's elbow would have been noticably extended.

Hockey is a tough game.

Guest Gumper-73

Tried to edit my post but it wouldn't let me. Thanks for the link Jen. Bouillon's not even looking at Ward who is bent over curling towards Franky! This is RIDCULOUS that there is any controversy. It was two ships colliding in the night like I said earlier. It's a bummer for Ward but not Bouillon's fault at all.

I stand by my original post from this afternoon that anyone who claims the video clearly shows one thing or another is showing their bias... the only point I would back away from now is the assumption that Bouillon may have raised/directed his elbow to Ward... if he did do that, it wasn't as obvious/blatant/severe as I had imagined...

and as I also stated, unless someone can come up with much better video than what I've seen, that does show a directed elbow to the head, Bouillon won't get suspended...

You start off by saying that you back away from the assumption that Bouillon raised his elbow but then you finish by saying that it's a direct elbow to the head.

In the video you can see Wards face coming into contact with Bouillons shoulder/upper arm. As you can also see, Bouillon doesn't raise his elbow until after contact.

You start off by saying that you back away from the assumption that Bouillon raised his elbow but then you finish by saying that it's a direct elbow to the head.
umm, NO, read it again... where do I say at any time that it was "a direct(ed) elbow to the head"?

In the video you can see Wards face coming into contact with Bouillons shoulder/upper arm. As you can also see, Bouillon doesn't raise his elbow until after contact.
you can't see his right arm in relation to his torso before the contact, so how can you claim that it 'clearly' shows what happened? you can't... sure, Bouillon's arm went up much higher after the contact, but he didsn't need to have his arm up at shoulder level to deliver an elbow, he could have it 'chicken-winged' and since Ward was coming in low in his turn, he could still catch him with it... I'm not saying this happened, I'm saying this could have happened, so you can't claim that video clearly shows anything...

Guest xe_liam88

Bouillon did a right good job of screening the goalie and getting out of the way just before he got hit tonight.....effing 'ell! Please bench him next game, these things are unexcusable......if my players do this they ar ebenched for a period.....if you are in front of your goalie when the shot is taken....you must take the puck in the body, end of story!

umm, NO, read it again... where do I say at any time that it was "a direct(ed) elbow to the head"?

you can't see his right arm in relation to his torso before the contact, so how can you claim that it 'clearly' shows what happened? you can't... sure, Bouillon's arm went up much higher after the contact, but he didsn't need to have his arm up at shoulder level to deliver an elbow, he could have it 'chicken-winged' and since Ward was coming in low in his turn, he could still catch him with it... I'm not saying this happened, I'm saying this could have happened, so you can't claim that video clearly shows anything...

In the video you can see Wards head come into line with Bouillons before it snaps back from the hit. So unless Ward defied the laws of physics then it clearly wasn't an elbow.

In the video you can see Wards head come into line with Bouillons before it snaps back from the hit. So unless Ward defied the laws of physics then it clearly wasn't an elbow.
that's your interpretation... others have a different interpretation... and while I'm in the Bouillon did NOT direct an elbow at Ward's head camp, I can see a scenario in which he still could have done so... taken all together, if you claim that video shows anything clearly then you are biased in your assessment -- as are the people in the Bruins camp who claim it was clearly an elbow...

and I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said Bouillon did direct an elbow at Ward... or an apology for accusing me of stating things I never said...

Guest Innis_Mor

On 2 Points: the Ward collision (that's what it was), and on Ottawa's winning goal Saturday:

(1) Jennifer has got it right on....Ward skated right into Bouillon's shoulder; neither of them was looking out for or aware of the other. All the before and after indications of play and reactions are consistent with the last of the video before the collision where you can see Bouillon is clearly watching the play beyond;

(2) Bouillon made a right mess of Neil's winning goal for Ottawa on Saturday: (a) caught looking at the puck when McAmmond came in on him one-on one (one-on-two?); then '(B) whips around, wipes out and takes Huet down; only to '© collide into the goal post and NOT take the goal of its moorings (at least take out the net and get a stoppage in play -- no way a delay of game will be called on you because you look right awful doing it all, it'd have to be construed as entirely natural); and finally (d) scramble up in time to get in front of Huet and block completely his view of Neil's "little wrister", while (e) ensuring that he twists out of the way of the weak shot at the last minute so it does not hit him, and sneaks by Huet (!!!!).

Yikes! It had to be one of the worst 4 seconds of Bouillon's entire professional hockey career !!

Oh well, he'll be better next game.

But he is not any sort of goon; never has been. The Ward collision was just that; inadvertent for both of them.

Guest Innis_Mor
Any body have a video of this collission, i never even got to see the game it happened in so I'm quite confused.

From You Tube, 1:07 mark of this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXyYUNOtHh4

You don't actually get to see the collision. The linesman on that side, at the blue line, would have been 10-15 feet from the inadvertent collision.

A couple of tough games back to back for Bouillon and he really has to start watching what he does one the ice. It`s not the first time we see him level a hit from behind/elbow/stick out a knee.

I'm not counting the Aaron Ward incident in this because to me it looked like accidental contact but if you set yourself up with a bad reputation, these things will soon start tilting the other way.

He's still strong on a winger coming down the boards but he's looked lost in other situations and doesn't seem to have regained the step he lost after his injury last year. I'm not too crazy about him on the PK either, he plays his position well but has a tough time moving guys from the front of the net.

Was anyone else watching the game tonight on NESN through CentreIce? Because they showed the Bouillon "hit" on Ward from the Canadiens zone from one of the camera men in the corners. Clearly not an elbow.

I'm trying to find the video now but it seems to be old news.

Guest Innis_Mor
Was anyone else watching the game tonight on NESN through CentreIce? Because they showed the Bouillon "hit" on Ward from the Canadiens zone from one of the camera men in the corners. Clearly not an elbow.

I'm trying to find the video now but it seems to be old news.

Yes, agreed -- no elbow contact. But more importantly, Ward skated into Bouillon's shoulder while both were looking away. It was a completely inadvertent collision.

One more piece of proof, Bouillon stays at the scene and is actively concerned for Ward, and remains there with 4 other Bruins, and no other Canadien players. You do not see that when a player has purposely laid someone out (it would be suicide).

Guest overlords

I'd like him to start hitting a bit more. He's small and the only reason we keep him around is because he can lay some big hits sometimes. He's not squeezing anyone into the boards anymore.....

Archived